Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

19 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Whatever could have told you that?

Look, they can’t figure out if Greathouse will legitimately call Freeman and decommit. They don’t know whether or not to believe that Evan Stewart will actually come this way. They don’t know if Worthy sticks and Neyor will be a factor in 2023. 

Should they take Moore and Parker? Neither? Lot of variables right now. 

I noticed that Neyor had removed UT from his Twitter so I had assumed he was gone.

1 hour ago, Junior Bonner said:

@closetojumping  Eight-win Steve?

😁😁😁

21 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I’ve already started weaving it in. I can’t lose when it comes to names to mock or praise this guy if he keeps developing as a coach. 

This is Sark's 3rd season in his career as Head Coach to win 8 regular season games. He now has as many 8-win seasons as 7-win season in his head coaching career. So it never made sense to me for UT fans to call him 7-win Steve.

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

This is Sark's 3rd season in his career as Head Coach to win 8 regular season games. He now has as many 8-win seasons as 7-win season in his head coaching career. So it never made sense to me for UT fans to call him 7-win Steve.

post-31580-Larry-David-cringe-meh-gif-Im

Edited by honolulu horn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 7

4 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

UT coaching staff must really like the young EDGEs on the current roster if they're offering this senior season eval instead of saving a spot for an EDGE in the portal.

They have a minimum of one guy set up to portal at the EDGE role. I don’t think you guys will be pumped about him, but there’s a ton of potential. They continue to search for a proven difference maker as well. I wouldn’t conflate the portal with a late riser that they’d redshirt for this position. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

UT coaching staff must really like the young EDGEs on the current roster if they're offering this senior season eval instead of saving a spot for an EDGE in the portal.

PK seems to be very picky with the portal. I thought we should have added much more in the portal but it worked out on defense. 

I think PK  has more faith in players that have been in his system versus ok talent that are learning his system. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

They have a minimum of one guy set up to portal at the EDGE role. I don’t think you guys will be pumped about him, but there’s a ton of potential. They continue to search for a proven difference maker as well. I wouldn’t conflate the portal with a late riser that they’d redshirt for this position. 

are things still looking good for the safety who shall not be named?

I noticed that Neyor had removed UT from his Twitter so I had assumed he was gone.
Butthurt his NIL opportunities were greatly reduced even though he hasn't touched the field in burnt orange?

Part of me hopes he doesn't portal again, the other part wonders if he'll be 100% next season. Sucks for the young man, but it can happen in any sport.

11 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I’m glad that it is now safe to return to the recruiting thread after sitting out the two weeks after TCU. 

#ThanksgivingRelief2022

The recruiting subforum has always been a safe havan after UT losses. It's the Football subforum that is insane after UT losses & worth avoiding.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Fisher is telling anyone who will listen that he’s replacing 2/3 of his staff with the best of the best in coaching and will pay big money for anyone who will stay. We’ll see how well that plays out shortly. 

Seems like it should be easy to negate this after almost every hire made by aggy last season was a complete flop. 

Durkin, Addazio, and Sanders (S&C coach) have all been horrible this year. 

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

Seems like it should be easy to negate this after almost every hire made by aggy last season was a complete flop. 

Durkin, Addazio, and Sanders (S&C coach) have all been horrible this year. 

Does Rhule potentially going to Nebraska mean they'll lose Robinson?  Would think he's had enough of the Dumbo experience.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, ousux said:

Butthurt his NIL opportunities were greatly reduced even though he hasn't touched the field in burnt orange?

Part of me hopes he doesn't portal again, the other part wonders if he'll be 100% next season. Sucks for the young man, but it can happen in any sport.

There is no bigger prima donna on a roster than any WR on a roster. There will always be a panoply of WR options in the portal. Any guy that is kicking ass outside of the P5 will be in there. You’d like to keep the guy, but there are numerous other options if he decides to head elsewhere. 

• Hook 'Em 6

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Does Rhule potentially going to Nebraska mean they'll lose Robinson?  Would think he's had enough of the Dumbo experience.

No idea but seems very unlikely they keep Hick and Sanford if Robinson bolts. 

As shitty as their recruiting is losing Robinson feels like a true knockout punch. They probably have no choice but to give him some type of insane contract. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, CTC2 said:

Scrolled thru his Twitter just a little bit and the only post I saw were all UT related and in a burnt orange shirt in his profile picture.  Guess he might have deleted recent post or UT from the heading?

Edited by Hook1997

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Fisher is telling anyone who will listen that he’s replacing 2/3 of his staff with the best of the best in coaching and will pay big money for anyone who will stay. We’ll see how well that plays out shortly. 

You think that the freshmen that signed on last year and any players that stuck around, that heard this same pitch all last December only to see addazzio and durkin be the hires, will believe him?

I'm still trying to understand why Hicks isn't giving us a legitimate look. 

OU and aggy both run a lot of 3 man fronts so the scheme argument makes no sense. Hicks would have a great opportunity for immediate playing time next year at Texas. Texas also showed much more defensive improvement than OU and aggy this year. 

Is it all about the money or is Hicks family brainwashed? 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, kevwun said:

When a player is down to College Station and Norman I think they aren't a big city kind of person.  It just happens sometimes.

I don't follow recruiting closely but that's not the vibe I've picked up from recruiting updates here. To me it sounds like Hicks family has been brainwashed into thinking PK's scheme isn't a fit which is stupid if you've watched aggy and OU this year. 

Both those fanbases have been upset all year with the amount of 3 man fronts they've run. 

54 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

So before today he won 7 games in a season more than any other number and it didn’t make sense to you that he’s called 7 Win Steve? 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

I don't follow recruiting closely but that's not the vibe I've picked up from recruiting updates here. To me it sounds like Hicks family has been brainwashed into thinking PK's scheme isn't a fit which is stupid if you've watched aggy and OU this year. 

Both those fanbases have been upset all year with the amount of 3 man fronts they've run. 

They live in Houston, the fourth largest city in the country. Maybe, though... You don't see him looking at USC, Northwestern, and Columbia.

32 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

You think that the freshmen that signed on last year and any players that stuck around, that heard this same pitch all last December only to see addazzio and durkin be the hires, will believe him?

I feel like if I was a parent jimbo wouldn’t have much credibility with me. 

Edited by MH BEVO
  • Hook 'Em 4

No clue, but I never try to underestimate inertia. Folks will always *want* to believe that their current situation is about to improve. 
Our choice here is easy - root for an LSU blowout. That makes any pitch harder for Ritz Bitz. 

Gun to your head who do you think stays and leaves

2 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Gun to his head…he’s jumping.

If my choice is eating a bullet or free-falling to my death, I’ll eat the bullet.  Freshman year a kid tried to kill himself by jumping off of the Dobie parking garage.  Failed, was a vegetable for the rest of his life.  I’ve never been there, and I hope I never go there, but if that’s where you end up, don’t give a 75% effort that reaults in you living out the rest of your life in a hospital bed with a feeding tube.

11 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

If my choice is eating a bullet or free-falling to my death, I’ll eat the bullet.  Freshman year a kid tried to kill himself by jumping off of the Dobie parking garage.  Failed, was a vegetable for the rest of his life.  I’ve never been there, and I hope I never go there, but if that’s where you end up, don’t give a 75% effort that reaults in you living out the rest of your life in a hospital bed with a feeding tube.

That layup of a handle joke sure took a dark turn….

• Haha 2