Texas @ Rice - 7:00 PM CBS Sports Network

immamac

28 minutes ago, Tired of Lurking said:

Juwan Mitchell looked pretty good. I’d be comfortable with Shark at BB if need be. Has Vaughns played at all?

Byron played, didn't look great. May have been his first action ever though. 

He looked pretty huge out there with extra long arms.

Yep. Doesn't look like a lot of people wanted to pay $100 for this game.

Yep. I wasn’t going to pay more than $35/ticket for this blowout. Asked my son if he’d rather sit in the nose bleeds or watch on TV. We watched at home.

You’d have to think they would have made a lot more money if they’d have made the ticket prices more reflective of the uncompetitive nature of this game.

• Like 2

The porker cheer leader thing ( Rice) , is a mockery in itself , and doesn’t help “normalize” obesity.

Saw the same thing on the Kentucky side lines in the Florida game last night with an obese Pom squad gal. It doesn’t work, not even for pity points.

Edited by El Squared
  • Like 1

Am I the only one who didn't know that Rice even had cheerleaders? I've been kinda sorta following the Owls as long as I can remember (grew up around the corner from campus) and I am about to turn 50 and this is the first time I can remember noticing Owlettes or whatever they are called, portly or sleek.

24 minutes ago, El Squared said:

The porker cheer leader thing ( Rice) , is a mockery in itself , and doesn’t help “normalize” obesity.

Saw the same thing on the Kentucky side lines in the Florida game last night with an obese Pom squad gal. It doesn’t work, not even for pity points.

If she's a good dancer, it doesn't really matter what she looks like. That's the point. 

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Am I the only one who didn't know that Rice even had cheerleaders? I've been kinda sorta following the Owls as long as I can remember (grew up around the corner from campus) and I am about to turn 50 and this is the first time I can remember noticing Owlettes or whatever they are called, portly or sleek.

Hey, Rice undergrad checking in (UT MBA).  Yes, Rice has had cheerleaders at least for the past 25 years or so since I've been a fan.  You probably hadn't noticed them because of their looks.  The pool of Rice co-eds consists primarily of A) national merit scholars who can be found exclusively in the library  B) feminists/political protesters/hairy pit angry women  C) athletes and D) the smart nerd / average looking girl who was on the dance team in high school and always wanted to be a cheerleader but couldn't make the high school team.  

Group D is the only available one to recruit Rice cheerleaders from.

• Like 5