What's going on with this DNI Whistleblower ?

triplehorn

14 minutes ago, texastough said:

I can’t wait to see what’s in the Russia convos. I don’t know whether Putin is trying to help deflect from Ukraine or sees the writing on the wall and is throwing trump to the wolves

I'm pretty sure Trump will have those transcripts deleted and the servers wiped.  He's gonna make Nixon's 18 minutes of silence look like child's play.

13 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Putin must be having the time of his life. 

Not sure if that's sarcasm, but Putin is shitting pencils over this along with Trump.  What those comms say could help shed a lot of light on the magnitude of global corruption both Putin and Trump are invested in when the Deutsche Bank financials get handed over sometime around Nov/Dec. 

Putin is in jeopardy here irrespective of what happens to Trump.

3 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Not sure if that's sarcasm, but Putin is shitting pencils over this along with Trump.  What those comms say could help shed a lot of light on the magnitude of global corruption both Putin and Trump are invested in when the Deutsche Bank financials get handed over sometime around Nov/Dec. 

So that’s why he keeps tweeting “don’t throw me in the briar patch?” 

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm pretty sure Trump will have those transcripts deleted and the servers wiped.  He's gonna make Nixon's 18 minutes of silence look like child's play.

The thing is, Trump WH didn't sole access to, or exclusive control over, the ultra-secret nat sec system they used to stash docs.  Although only a bare handful of people in the entire govt apparatus do have access to it, former DNI Dan Coats is one of them.  I suspect Coats or someone aligned with him secured pertinent evidence off that system before Trump could fire him or remove/destroy docs.  Coats got fired 16 days after Mueller testified about the ongoing counterintelligence investigation into Trump/Russia. 

Knowledge of the Trump WH abusing that system to in effect obstruct justice by patriots and whistleblowers pre-dates Coats being fired.  A window of opportunity existed.  How big it was is unknown.

12 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Yeah, um, no. Putin's plans are working out better than he ever imagined and he's ecstatic about it. 

Putin didn’t bring up the transcripts to prevent their release.  He either did it because he’s ready to throw Trump under the bus or because he knows there’s nothing in them and he’s hoping the Dems pull a Geraldo Rivera Capone’s Vault act that will further the “WITCH HUNT!” narrative.

8 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Really? What are the consequences for Putin?

Global bank reform. 

Deutsche Bank laying off 18k employees out front should have told you.  After Trump lost his court case last Spring re DB handing over all his financials, DB caught the scent of just how much stood to get uncovered wrt to the President of the United States and is cutting overhead before the famine.  It *might* make some waves.  If we're lucky someone like Elizabeth Warren will take issue with the big banks and indicate an intent do something...oh, wait.

This could be the impetus we've been waiting for during the past 2 to 3 decades to tackle the ever expanding reaches of global money laundering.  Outside of an economy the size of France, Russia is a mafia state.  Money laundering is the true life blood of Putin and his oligarchs.  It's also the source of money they use to fund operations to influence elections, and corrupt foreign govts, like ours.

13 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Eventually there's going to be a Democratic POTUS with a House and Senate majority.  The sanctions they pass against Russia aren't going to be very funny.  Putin has no long term strategy here and it's going to bite him in the ass.

Until the next wave of Rs take office and they vote to undo all the sanctions or do it via EO.  See Trump Admin.

1 minute ago, deech said:

Until the next wave of Rs take office and they vote to undo all the sanctions or do it via EO.  See Trump Admin.

That's why we need to keep in mind, dotard is just step 1.  IF we get him out there are a whole bunch of other steps that we then have to mercilessly pursue to get this democracy to a  functioning status.  If we get complacent the pendulum will swing back and very likely the Rs will continue with this playbook, albeit with someone who doesn't have the IQ of a carrot.

The Dems need to do everything in their power to get the transcripts that are on the secure server.  I guarantee there is going to be some serious disgusting conversations on them.  I suspect it will be with the Saudis though and not the Russians.  HOWEVER, every interview or comment on the record should solely be that we do not expect to find anything on these transcripts - just normal conversations, but in order to investigate the whistleblower's complaint we need to be diligent.

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

Israel already had cellphone surveillance near the White House.  Not out of the realm of possibility that a recording exist somewhere. 

Don't forget the Ukraine side.  They might have recorded the call.   And chances are high that Russia is listening in on the Ukraine president's phone, so Putin might have one too. 

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

That's why we need to keep in mind, dotard is just step 1.  IF we get him out there are a whole bunch of other steps that we then have to mercilessly pursue to get this democracy to a  functioning status.  If we get complacent the pendulum will swing back and very likely the Rs will continue with this playbook, albeit with someone who doesn't have the IQ of a carrot.

Metaphorically speaking, of course (I speak of political death, not actual physical harm), we need to go with the opening lecture from that great masterpiece of cinema, Red Dawn:

The Great Huns would always begin with the army spread out in a semi-circle, I would say, about the size of Rhode Island. Then they would ride forward, driving everything before them, beasts, men, even bugs. Now, the ends would kinda close in to form a shrinkin' circle. And everything within that circle panicked to get out. When the Mongols could see each other, they had worked themselves up into a purty good frenzy. Now, when this killing started, it last for days, weeks, even months. And it went on until the young son of the Khan asked his father that the last creature alive - be allowed to go free 

Encircle them all.  And take them all out.  And if anyone is stupid enough to ask that the last crooked Republican be allowed to go free and continue his career, make that idiot watch as the last Republican career is squashed.

They are irredeemable.  And leaving them alive as a viable party means that the cancer will resurface and spread, eventually killing us all.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Rs didn't like Russia until Dotard told them to.  Once he is out of office, I suspect we go back to normal with Russia regardless of the party.

Did you forget about that time that Dubya looked into Putin's soul and approved of what he saw? They were good with that. 

• Like 1

On 9/28/2019 at 1:00 AM, Crusher said:

OK Henry I'll Bite: If this is such a super secret why are you telling everyone on the board about it?

Wow.. are you Secret Service? I am so impressed.

where did crusher go? 

the assignment was only 9 pages of reading, but there weren't any pictures.

i guess this is on me.

18 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Metaphorically speaking, of course (I speak of political death, not actual physical harm), we need to go with the opening lecture from that great masterpiece of cinema, Red Dawn:

Encircle them all.  And take them all out.  And if anyone is stupid enough to ask that the last crooked Republican be allowed to go free and continue his career, make that idiot watch as the last Republican career is squashed.

They are irredeemable.  And leaving them alive as a viable party means that the cancer will resurface and spread, eventually killing us all.

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a56e742d0be20170579

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, sidis said:

huh? france's gdp is almost twice as much as russia's.

Yes, thanks.  However it really does drive home how much being a mafia state with infinite illicit cash to burn, cutting edge tactics, and global reach is Putin's lever for asserting power and influence.  

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Seems like this is again getting too convoluted and the average voter is going to check out.

Disagree. Unlike Mueller, this investigation is happening live and on tv. Every subpoena and every hearing will have to be reported on. It’s going to be dominating the news cycle over and over and over again. If nothing else, it’s a political nightmare for GOP

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Seems bad

He was just protecting America!  Wouldn't YOU reach out to our allies to save the country from evil?  That's all he was doing.  Barr is guilty of being a patriot and hero!

Did I get the talking points right?  I might be a bit out in front of them, but I'm pretty sure I got em right.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Disagree. Unlike Mueller, this investigation is happening live and on tv. Every subpoena and every hearing will have to be reported on. It’s going to be dominating the news cycle over and over and over again. If nothing else, it’s a political nightmare for GOP

And it's actually easy for regular folks to understand.