What's going on with this DNI Whistleblower ?

triplehorn

2 minutes ago, horn4life said:

SO is there someplace that I can bet on the US getting into a shooting war with Iran?  You gotta have something big to counter the truth regarding Trump's corruption and the corruption of those around him. 

I’d say the current scandals take Iran even more off the table.  It’s about the only normal thing that could politically cripple Trump even more.  

30 minutes ago, horn4life said:

SO is there someplace that I can bet on the US getting into a shooting war with Iran?  You gotta have something big to counter the truth regarding Trump's corruption and the corruption of those around him. 

Lots of American troops coming home in body bags are one of the few things that would cripple Trump's support in the Senate, and it would hurt the GOP in the election booth next year in a bigly manner.

Not that Trump hasn't considered it, but those around him have actually thought the process through and realized that getting a lot of American troops killed to try and shift the political narrative is not a very winning strategy.

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

Lots of American troops coming home in body bags are one of the few things that would cripple Trump's support in the Senate, and it would hurt the GOP in the election booth next year in a bigly manner.

Not that Trump hasn't considered it, but those around him have actually thought the process through and realized that getting a lot of American troops killed to try and shift the political narrative is not a very winning strategy.

Sounds like you're not a patriot who supports our troops fighting for our freedoms.  What a libtard commie.

Does anyone know how these super secret servers the transcripts are on works? Can the house get access to them? If the info is removed and destroyed would there be a paper trail? 

The American system is way too convoluted. Everything should be taped and open for review by the courts/congress. Every politician's communication with everyone. 

12 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Trump voters don't give a fuck for the acronym ICIG.  They  think it's one of them there Muslim terrorist thingies.

Them damn ICIG's hate our freedom !

Edited by Mapache

5 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Does anyone know how these super secret servers the transcripts are on works? Can the house get access to them? If the info is removed and destroyed would there be a paper trail? 

The American system is way too convoluted. Everything should be taped and open for review by the courts/congress. Every politician's communication with everyone. 

From what I've read.  They fucked up putting them on these servers. These are highest level national secrets servers.  They track every thing out on them and removed and it is stamped with notation as to if a file gets deleted or altered. There will be a paper trail if anyone fucks with them at all. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Obstruction of Congress carries jail time. I guess Pompeo is willing to go to prison for Trump. His staff on the other hand...

He's playing the odds.  The administration has been obstructing Congress from the jump and no one has been jailed...or even slapped on the wrist.

• Like 1

Just now, DixonHur said:

He's playing the odds.  The administration has been obstructing Congress from the jump and no one has been jailed...or even slapped on the wrist.

Yes, but obstructing an impeachment inquiry is different, and there’s precedent for consequences from Watergate 

5 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Yes, but obstructing an impeachment inquiry is different, and there’s precedent for consequences from Watergate 

I was just a pup during Watergate, and haven't really studied it too much...who got arrested by Congress for obstruction?

I hope they do, but I have a hard time believing the Dems are gonna slap cuffs on the SoS if he stonewalls them.

2 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I was just a pup during Watergate, and haven't really studied it too much...who got arrested by Congress for obstruction?

I hope they do, but I have a hard time believing the Dems are gonna slap cuffs on the SoS if he stonewalls them.

It’s not that Congress arrested anyone (though they could) but several people jailed for obstruction including John Dean. Others, like Mitchell, for perjury 

29 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Obstruction of Congress carries jail time. I guess Pompeo is willing to go to prison for Trump. His staff on the other hand...

I find it astonishing that any thinking individual would back Trump over their own freedom.  It just goes to show you how much dirt all these guys have on them -- they're terrified of it coming out and they know Trump will set them up for a cup of coffee.

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

I find it astonishing that any thinking individual would back Trump over their own freedom.  It just goes to show you how much dirt all these guys have on them -- they're terrified of it coming out and they know Trump will set them up for a cup of coffee.

But these guys all took their jobs knowing that about Trump.  They could have declined and saved their own skin.  But they made their choice, so fuck'em.

Of course until proven otherwise, I think "Ah, well, nevertheless" is still in play.

• Like 1

Just now, DixonHur said:

But these guys all took their jobs knowing that about Trump.  They could have declined and saved their own skin.  But they made their choice, so fuck'em.

I suspect a lot of them were plenty dirty when they signed up with Trump.

House Intel Rep:  Rep. Quigley on the possibility of Rudy Giuliani refusing to cooperate with a subpoena: "The House would be willing to go forward with inherent contempt."

At this stage, I understand it would probably be a daily fine until he complies.  Being jailed apparently does involve going through the DOJ, which would appear to involve Barr.  Either way, Dems HAVE to force hands.  No other way.

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I suspect a lot of them were plenty dirty when they signed up with Trump.

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

This. Who the fuck thinks anyone working for Trump in 2019 isn't dirty themselves?

Probably no one, my point is, they could have kept their dirt to themselves by not accepting a position in his cabinet.  

4 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

House Intel Rep:  Rep. Quigley on the possibility of Rudy Giuliani refusing to cooperate with a subpoena: "The House would be willing to go forward with inherent contempt."

At this stage, I understand it would probably be a daily fine until he complies.  Being jailed apparently does involve going through the DOJ, which would appear to involve Barr.  Either way, Dems HAVE to force hands.  No other way.

So basically nothing will happen again?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Seriously though, if they don't have consequences for Pompeo, what's the point?  They will be admitting there is no rule of law.

The courts are an available resource, and there is zero legal grounds for refusing to comply. Add that the special envoy to Ukraine already resigned and likely will be testifying, and things will move quicker than you expect. They won’t be able to run out the clock with Appeals through next November. Then, when a new admin is in office, there will be prosecutions galore