Big XII crews calling holding on OU

sushihorn

It's actually happening this year.  In the game against UCLA, referee Brandon Cruse and Co. flagged OU 3 times for offensive holding this weekend.  The prior week, Scott Campell's crew actually called four offensive holding penalties on the Sooners - all in the 1st Q.  Only one called in the opener against UH but I'm pretty sure that was an AAC crew.

I'm hoping this is part of a trend and the Big XII officials will call those POS cheaters regularly when we play them.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

It's actually happening this year.  In the game against UCLA, referee Brandon Cruse and Co. flagged OU 3 times for offensive holding this weekend.  The prior week, Scott Campell's crew actually called four offensive holding penalties on the Sooners - all in the 1st Q.  Only one called in the opener against UH but I'm pretty sure that was an AAC crew.

I'm hoping this is part of a trend and the Big XII officials will call those POS cheaters regularly when we play them.

What is your source.... The Onion?

• Like 3

After the Texas Tech game in 2008, I just assumed there wasn’t such thing as holding. They called it one time all night.  On us.  When their linemen basically fell down trying to go around Ulatoski.  That one fucking Tech guard who painted his face like a clown was allowed to wrap his arms around the neck of Orakpo and Kindle all night.  

• Like 6

21 hours ago, sushihorn said:

Let's see how this continues in games that actually matter.  OU winning the conference and getting into the post-season equates to a lot of money and notoriety for the conference.

*puts hat back on...

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Let's see how this continues in games that actually matter.  OU winning the conference and getting into the post-season equates to a lot of money and notoriety for the conference.

*puts hat back on...

giphy.gif

There's another program in this conference that accomplishes the exact same thing.  And without any cousin-fucking.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

They replaced 4 lineman.  All of them were drafted.  That might also have a little something to do with it.  

They could be very large and talented and still hold constantly without a flag. It was rampant in Bedlam. Our defense was going to struggle anyway, it was impossible to make any stops when anyone could run around the end without any resistance due to holding.

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

They could be very large and talented and still hold constantly without a flag. It was rampant in Bedlam. Our defense was going to struggle anyway, it was impossible to make any stops when anyone could run around the end without any resistance due to holding.

Sorry but if they’re holding ‘constantly’ as you put it, that would be obvious on film and nobody is gonna draft you.  And that was 80% of the line.  Maybe it was the one other guy doing all the holding.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc

21 hours ago, GotThatFire said:

They hold on every play and they’ll never stop until those flags start flying and make them lose games. 

It's literally being taught as technique.  Engage your block by hooking the defender's shoulder and dare the refs to call it every play.

On 9/15/2019 at 6:21 PM, sushihorn said:

They met their quota early when it really didn't count.    Giving OU sucks a pass on holding commences again next week against Tech.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Sorry but if they’re holding ‘constantly’ as you put it, that would be obvious on film and nobody is gonna draft you.  And that was 80% of the line.  Maybe it was the one other guy doing all the holding.  

OU sucks. We’re going to kick your ass in Dallas!