Tulsa at SMU game thread ESPNU on now

Beau Vine

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I was doing family shit and had to try and follow on my phone. What the fuck happened haha. Unbelievable comeback.

First 3 quarters were dog shit. Fourth quarter and ot’s were fun as hell. And Proche is a badass. 

Edited by 4th&Five

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

I was doing family shit and had to try and follow on my phone. What the fuck happened haha. Unbelievable comeback.

3rd quarter: tulsa bumblefucked around and shut it down, full thermensa.  smew is thomas the train they think they can but get nothing.

4th quarter: smew wakes up.  18-play drive takes forever but they get in.  D gets off the field quick but offense stalls, 3rd and forever incomplete but miracle unnecessary PI flag keeps drive alive, then Buechele drops a dime to the back corner and they draw to 1 score.  At that point the air is out of the room and Tulsa starts missing every kick they try, in OT3 Buechele drops another dime, and the collision of aggy & smu is now on the radar.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

Pics of housekeeper?

She was actually decent looking.  He was 80 and she was late 30s-ish.  Grandma was out of the game but grandpa still had the fire.  Housekeeper told me and my uncle (grandpa’s son; my mom’s brother) at grandpa’s funeral what the devious, dirty old bastard was up to for the last 10 years.  

That rotten son of a gun started tapping a decent looking Hispanic housekeeper in her late 20’s when he was in his late 70’s. She said he had to use the pump the last few years.  My uncle about passed out when he heard what she had to say and finally started to laugh when he noticed I was hyperventilating with laughter.   

Grandpa was a kook. 

• Like 5

Just now, deadshank said:

She was actually decent looking.  He was 80 and she was late 30s-ish.  Grandma was out of the game but grandpa still had the fire.  Housekeeper told me and my uncle (grandpa’s son; my mom’s brother) at grandpa’s funeral what the devious, dirty old bastard was up to for the last 10 years.  

That rotten son of a gun started tapping a decent looking Hispanic housekeeper in her late 20’s when he was in his late 70’s. She said he had to use the pump the last few years.  My uncle about passed out when he heard what she had to say and finally started to laugh when he noticed I was hyperventilating with laughter.   

Grandpa was a kook. 

Your grandpa is my hero.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some local metroplex stud kicker should come to the Hilltop.  The special teams play by both teams was turrible.  So glad it was so Shane could throw the perfect pass in the 3rd OT for the win.  Wishing him all good things and continued success.

SMU was waaay short on one of those 4th downs - maybe the TV line was wrong? Either that or the booth was asleep

Looks like they're letting students on the grass hill which is a great move. Used to just be a handful of kids rolling around

Are we a Boise loss away from SMU controlling its destiny for the Cotton Bowl? Looks like AAC champ would outrank App State

It’s always good to see someone who represented the Longhorns with class and gave everything they had despite not getting the outcome everyone had hoped for succeed somewhere else.  It’s also cool to see that Shane is still tight with Sam and that Sam gives Shane so much credit for helping him develop.  Both of these kids are mature beyond their years and make me proud to call them Longhorns!  I’ve never rooted for SMU in my life, but this year is an exception.

2 hours ago, Bartles said:

Are we a Boise loss away from SMU controlling its destiny for the Cotton Bowl? Looks like AAC champ would outrank App State

Controlling their own destiny now, but the AAC West is really tough this year. They still have Temple, @ Houston, @ Memphis, @ Navy, Tulane, and AAC Champ (Cincy probably) left.  I think they're a solid 9-3 team this year.

SMU was 2-147 all-time when trailing by 21 points, then rallied from a 30-9 fourth-quarter deficit to beat Tulsa 43-37 in triple overtime.

Over the past 15 seasons, FBS teams trailing by 21-plus in the fourth quarter were 9-3,000, according to ESPN Stats & Info. The Mustangs, who were ranked for the first time since 1986, are now 6-0 for the first time since 1982.

SMU also went 6-for-7 on fourth down against Tulsa.