Cowboys @ Jets: Week 6

Vic Mackey

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

actually Houston has started getting the ball out quicker and Watson has improved because of it.

He's still taking deep drops. And yes he is getting it out quicker. People were open all over the field. Kellen Moore is no genius. It's probably closer to the truth that when it comes to the staff, Jerruh is a cheap sonofabitch. I can remember hearing Pete Carroll, back when he was a hot ticket at USC, saying he flew into interview for the Cowboys job. The offer he got would have made him the lowest paid HC in the league. He was insulted.

23 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I sometimes daydream about how many Lombardi's we'd have if Johnson were still the coach.  Then I snap back to reality and have a visceral urge to kill Jerry.

Actually, we wouldn't have needed to keep JImmy, who would have left sooner or later anyway. What we needed was for Jerry to give up his GM delusions and simply hire good personnel after Jimmy (as in not Barry "is that my gun?" Switzer lounging around the facilities semi-sober). It's a sad thing to even contemplate--match Jerry's genuine financial vision and abilities with good football personnel and we could have been something special the last 20 years. Instead of the slow burn freak show we are.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Big Frog II said:

I am glad I don't care like I use to.  Otherwise, I would be a basket case waiting for this team to do anything constructive.  Jerry has turned this team into the Aggies.  Lots of money, lots of fans, lots of publicity with nothing to show for it.

if we could just get a few other owners to laugh at Jerry at some big wig owner function...the guy has an ego the size of the sun and the other kids laughing at him might make him actually do something.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

if we could just get a few other owners to laugh at Jerry at some big wig owner function...the guy has an ego the size of the sun and the other kids laughing at him might make him actually do something.  

Like what, hire Jimbo at EIGHT million a year? 

53 minutes ago, Big Frog II said:

I am glad I don't care like I use to.  Otherwise, I would be a basket case waiting for this team to do anything constructive.  Jerry has turned this team into the Aggies.  Lots of money, lots of fans, lots of publicity with nothing to show for it.

That's the reason I quit caring back in the 2000's.  If Jerry doesn't care about winning, why should I?

That's the reason I quit caring back in the 2000's.  If Jerry doesn't care about winning, why should I?
Jerry wants to win just as bad as he did in 1989. His recent contract to Zeke shows it.

He doesnt know how to win, and his medaling (or however that word is spelled) is what keeps the alpha coaches away from here.

He and his son are shitty GMs and get lucky every few years like the cardinals and Panthers do. Other draft choices suck, then have to max some free agent for some points on the board like 19, instead of developing players.

Speaking of shitty draft picks, Conner needs to step TF up. Total bust so far. I think this is a contract year, right?