SMU vs Houston - Buechele vs the Red Bull redneck

Longboard Horn

Just now, Topper13 said:

Fun game. Is SMU the best CFB team in the state? 

certainly not popular on this forum, but Baylor

the Baylor team I have seen play this year would mop the floor with the SMU team I saw play tonight.....of course tonight was the worst SMU game I have seen them play this year and Baylor can have an off night too

Just now, 0xdeadbeef said:

Someone asked after the KU fiasco in another thread if SMU could beat us.  This is the first SMU game I've seen this season, and I am not impressed.   I'd like to think that what I just watched is nowhere near the level we play at, but KU did put up 48 on us.

That was probably their second worst game. They looked great on Saturday. 

1 minute ago, ButtFumble said:

the Baylor team I have seen play this year would mop the floor with the SMU team I saw play tonight.....of course tonight was the worst SMU game I have seen them play this year and Baylor can have an off night too

I think you're right. 

3 minutes ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

Someone asked after the KU fiasco in another thread if SMU could beat us.  This is the first SMU game I've seen this season, and I am not impressed.   I'd like to think that what I just watched is nowhere near the level we play at, but KU did put up 48 on us.

2 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

The SMU team that played Temple would hang with Baylor and Texas easily. I get that it's Houston - keep in mind that OU only beat this team by 18 points at home. You could make the case that SMU should have won by more than that tonight on the road. 

Also it's a Thursday game - just 4 days of rest between beating Temple and beating Houston. Just like the NFL you should take Thursday contests with a grain of salt.

Edited by ztejas
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

The SMU team that played Temple would hang with Baylor and Texas easily. I get that it's Houston - keep in mind that OU only beat this team by 18 points at home. You could make the case that SMU should have won by more than that tonight on the road. 

Also it's a Thursday game - just 4 days of rest between beating Temple and beating Houston. Just like the NFL you should take Thursday contests with a grain of salt.

yea SMU looked damn good that game

it is laughable that the announcers tried to make this game into the RRS or equivalent, but UH definitely looked at this as their game to make or break the season while SMU was clearly pretty tense

as for Baylor vs SMU there would again be a major "rivalry" factor and SMU would be playing with nothing to lose while Baylor has not exactly shown up in the past for some games that had meaning like NY 6 games against G5 teams and other big bowl games they should have won and let slip away

an SMU team playing well and with nothing to lose could get a win over a Baylor team playing tense and with concern about a loss to an in state G5 former foe that they left behind literally for dead 

Edited by ButtFumble

4 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Is the SMU WR w/ the foot injury out for long? It will be tough to beat Memphis without him.

Doesn't look good.

Memphis was going to be a tough game anyway. Obviously not optimal that one of our best 2 wide outs is probably missing it. 

2 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

an SMU team playing well and with nothing to lose could get a win over a Baylor team playing tense and with concern about a loss to an in state G5 former foe that they left behind literally for dead 

It's silly to think that Baylor is in some different tier than us to where we would have to hope they come out flat. I want to see the bears play OU or Texas before I give them that much credit against their schedule. College football is too ticky tack and unpredictable for me to be scared of a potential SMU/Baylor matchup like they are some P5 team that we have to pray against. 

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Doesn't look good.

Memphis was going to be a tough game anyway. Obviously not optimal that one of our best 2 wide outs is probably missing it. 

It's silly to think that Baylor is in some different tier than us to where we would have to hope they come out flat. I want to see the bears play OU or Texas before I give them that much credit against their schedule. College football is too ticky tack and unpredictable for me to be scared of a potential SMU/Baylor matchup like they are some P5 team that we have to pray against. 

That sucks. I think you guys have the DL to beat Navy and will win the final two home games. Just got to get passed Memphis. Run game needs to be better than tonight. 

9 minutes ago, RPM said:

He was on the trail of a serial hooker killer.

Psssh. That doesn't give any info. You have to sign a pledge to be on the trail of CJK5H to enroll. 

I **wink wink** didn't find anything **wink wink** while I was there. 

Ask me in confidence.