Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Not sure how anyone with anything above a 4th grade reading level of comprehension can see anything but that statement as the Kiss of Death. 

It had many key elements, but was far from any vote of confidence. “Is” the coach, for example. None of it said anything that meant he wouldn’t be fired at any given time. 

It could have, but sure didn’t wouldn’t have been difficult to say TH is our coach and will be on the sidelines next season. Or whatever, but you get the drift. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

Not sure how anyone with anything above a 4th grade reading level of comprehension can see anything but that statement as the Kiss of Death. 

It had many key elements, but was far from any vote of confidence. “Is” the coach, for example. None of it said anything that meant he wouldn’t be fired at any given time. 

It could have, but sure didn’t wouldn’t have been difficult to say TH is our coach and will be on the sidelines next season. Or whatever, but you get the drift. 

There's a reason we cover the electrical outlets around here. It's so people like HFD don't get to adventurous and stick his their in one 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

office_space_fuckin_a.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Gigglebush said:

You know if the Urban deal doesn't work out I actually think our next best option is hiring Mack Brown. UNC is starting to look like a powerhouse and Mack's recruiting staff is no joke. Imagine what he could do with Texas' resources?!

Fuck off. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gigglebush said:

You know if the Urban deal doesn't work out I actually think our next best option is hiring Mack Brown. UNC is starting to look like a powerhouse and Mack's recruiting staff is no joke. Imagine what he could do with Texas' resources?!

Thing about Mack is, you never know when he's going to quit on the job.

Friend just got off the phone with a contact in Tibet. He was told that there won't be any Urban Meyer but on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness. So we've got that going for us, which is nice. A little something for the effort, ya know?

Gunga galunga.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

O were my love yon Lilac fair,
Wi' purple blossoms to the Spring,
And I, a bird to shelter there,
When wearied on my little wing!
How I wad mourn when it was torn
By Autumn wild, and Winter rude!
But I wad sing on wanton wing,
When youthfu' May its bloom renew'd.

Here's a toast to a dream of Spring, and Longhorn football be renewed

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

Lol - the tinfoilers on this thread would have overanalyzed the shit out of that statement to convince themselves Helton was most definitely on the way out.  

"will continue to be" - they didn't say how long continue will be . . . ohh, and "heading into 2020" only means a few dats into 2020.  Helton's definitely gone!!  

Except CDCs statement reads like someone writing the eulogy for a shitty boss. 

“He was the boss.  He told us what to do.  He did sign checks and that will be missed.”

• Hook 'Em 1

Alright, I'm back. Y'all got this shit handled?

5 hours ago, dcar00 said:

Apologies I was late for night shift but its really not hard to say, if you already know you are keeping Tom, "Tom Herman will be coaching the Texas Longhorns at our first game next season.  We believe Tom is the right coach for our team."  Sure Tom could get caught doing lines off a strippers ass or get a DWI and get canned but that can happen at any time. You don't say "barring some unforseen circumstances Tom Herman will be our coach at our first game next season"

If you aren't sure but you need recruits to stay on board you say what CDC said.

Tom may already know and he and CDC have an agreement to play this out and Tom gets his 15M.  Tom probably already knew exactly what CDC was going to say so if someone asked about it he already has a canned answer.

I can see you're from the Night shift. Represent.

6 hours ago, B00M said:

Were the last 16 pages really all about the generic statement we knew CDC would make?! Guys, nothing changed. 

Exactly. but you know, Day Shift, & all that.

• Hook 'Em 1

I haven't read the entire thread and I'm not going to. Read the past 10 pages.

I'm guessing Urban's sticking point is he either wants to be AD also and we weren't ready to fire CDC, or he found out our local sports media routinely shits on our program even when winning. Things like writing hit pieces before signing day, not voting for our starting QB for Heisman, etc. It's harder to hide recruiting violations when you don't have total control of everything.

5 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Then, I heard he said no. That was also proved to be correct. The view currently is that we are looking for Plan B and Herman is definitely out. This aligns with ctj’s view as well. As a result, I’m sticking with the view that Herman is out and plan B is in the works.

That was never 'proven' correct. 

5 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

Agree. I can't believe anyone thinks the romancing of the Meyer deal is over. 

This one isn't over. Things got in the way, but he asked for our best offer.

This deal in the works surfaced prematurely before it was even half-baked. Deals of this size take time. 

We are past the flirty stage. Meyer is asking to see the package in its full glory - make it simple, and memorable.

Hide contents

++++++++++++++

troph - didn't you put together corp deals at one point? You know how complicated deals a deal in this environment would be - and the parties have haven't settled on participants and numbers. Meyer is asking for our last and best offer. I would assume that is in the works.

If it's not, why not?  All that has to be done quietly and surface when the time is appropriate. There is no way Meyer is becoming the story at OSU - especially if the lose. It's a good reason to root for them this year. And a good time for Meyer to create a winter home (for year round use). 

Hook 'em

Agreed.

What would be the worst way to end 2020? On Dec 31. a loss to Arkansas or a loss to LSU in the Texas  bowl? I want us to win every game, but damn if this just isn’t wrapping up as one hell of a crappy ending.
Tom doesn’t believe in momentum so at least we will have that going into next year. 

8 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

The view currently is that we are looking for Plan B and Herman is definitely out. This aligns with ctj’s view as well.

I think you mean it aligns with my view. that uninformed midget pays $9.95 for his opinions.

don’t ever forget that on this whole goddamn board—all of longhorn online media, even—I am the only one who was right from day one. because I am plugged in at the very top. seriously. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

13 hours ago, David Wooderson said:

People would probably be more inclined to believe you if you didn't post dumbass ninja emojis everytime you claimed to have "inside info". 

Or a couple weeks ago you when you told @RGBIII he could celebrate. Once you got confirmation from @Mr Orange and @Injury Prone saying they were the real deal. That Urban Meyer was in the bag. But if I recall correctly, you hedged on that completely and had come peace to the fact Herman would end up being the coach next year. 

So either put your nuts on the table (if you have any) and fill us in on what you "know". Or just shut the fuck up. It's that simple. 

Dude he's not gonna do anything. This is the same dude that posted a picture of Urban Meyer on a zoom call with ninja emojis, implying that he knew someone that was still talking to him, only for the board to discover to that it was a publicly available webinar about leadership that Urban was speaking on.  He still never explained that by the way, he's just hoping it gets lost among the McRib and Westerns talk.

4 minutes ago, futureman said:

I think you mean it aligns with my view. that uninformed midget pays $9.95 for his opinions.

don’t ever forget that on this whole goddamn board—all of longhorn online media, even—I am the only one who was right from day one. because I am plugged in at the very top. seriously. 

You were getting close to having to plug yourself 

8 minutes ago, TheBryMan81 said:

Dude he's not gonna do anything. This is the same dude that posted a picture of Urban Meyer on a zoom call with ninja emojis, implying that he knew someone that was still talking to him, only for the board to discover to that it was a publicly available webinar about leadership that Urban was speaking on.  He still never explained that by the way, he's just hoping it gets lost among the McRib and Westerns talk.

He also said we weren’t getting urban.  So he’s going to be right either way.  Hfd steals from the 9.95 losers and Instagram and then posts them as their own. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

The view currently is that we are looking for Plan B and Herman is definitely out. This aligns with ctj’s view as well. 

I missed this bit earlier. The view? Whose view? The 9.95ers? Yours? Not sure that's what ctj is saying either. 

Edited by wood

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic