Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

And the only reason it's a thing is because they use it to crowdsource the accuracy of whatever image detection algorithm they are working on. Just like they used captcha to help improve the accuracy of digitally transferring text. 

Fuck you and fuck the idiots that can't practice a modicum of cybersecurity that makes it necessary to have shit like this in the first place. 

Yes sir.

1)Prove you aren’t skynet test.
2)Engineers - we should feed this test to skynet to improve AI.
3)Prove you aren’t a more powerful skynet.
4)Engineers - we should feed this test to more powerful skynet.
5)Collect underpants
?
Death by skynet.
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Adults who use the term “basic” that way.

The incorrect way? Because "basic" in slang has nothing to do with how attractive a girl is. You can be a "basic bitch" and still be smoking hot. 

But yes. 

3 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Hahaha. I do use slang, but some of the new millennial slang is grating. Such as “basic”.

"low key" annoys the fuck out of me. 

also, going the opposite way, "smh" and "the younger generation" also annoy the fuck out of me.

2 hours ago, GotThatFire said:

Nope. Being basic knocks you down the hotness scale

That's your opinion. Like saying being a redhead knocks you down the hotness scale. Or having tattoos and being a weed smoker makes a girl less attractive.

The word isn't used to denote "hotness". It's used to characterize a girl's dress and mannerisms. 

I woke up to 250 new emails in my work account today. All but one were people replying all to a mailing list to please take them off the mailing list. The other was the initial message on the mailing list. The mailing list wasn't even for my company, but another that I do some work with.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, GotThatFire said:

Which are directly related to confidence, which is directly related to attractiveness. 

Not when purely physical. Lots of smoking hot models are basic, but you wouldn't know it unless you actually interacted with them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ztejas said:

The incorrect way? Because "basic" in slang has nothing to do with how attractive a girl is. You can be a "basic bitch" and still be smoking hot. 

But yes. 

A local brewery made a beer called "Basic Bitch." Another called theirs "Basic Becky." Both were just okay.

21 minutes ago, Okie State said:
23 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:
Why can’t people drive without their phone in their hands? Why can’t people drive without texting while driving?

Because they might miss something super important!

When I’m in my truck I see so many people who are not paying attention to driving. It’s crazy.

i don’t do that. When I was 12 I had much of my forehead sliced off by the windshield of a 1977 Chevy Vega after my brother collided with a car.  Since then I always use seatbelt and certainly no phone.

1 hour ago, mushroomface said:

I woke up to 250 new emails in my work account today. All but one were people replying all to a mailing list to please take them off the mailing list. The other was the initial message on the mailing list. The mailing list wasn't even for my company, but another that I do some work with.

Whoever misuses 'reply all' should be drawn and quartered.

22 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Come again? 

My brother and I were taking our dog to the vet and she was a bit hyper so we both turned around to try and calm her down.  My brother’s foot slipped off the brake and we drifted into a parked car.  I turned right before we hit, and said “ugh oh”. 

I hit the windshield, made an indent with my forehead, and as my head pulled away the windshield grabbed my forehead and also took some off my nose.

thankfully my brother picked my forehead off the windshield and carried it to the house, as I was walking home too, and my sister called my dad at the hospital and dad grabbed one of his friends and met us at the ER.   

They sewed my forehead back on and took a rectangular piece of skin off my thigh and put that on my nose. It all took, but it was not too fun.

the funny part is once a month I have to shave the one hair that grows on my nose. And it tans differently. 

I was extremely lucky because I almost lost both of my eyes.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

My brother and I were taking our dog to the vet and she was a bit hyper so we both turned around to try and calm her down.  My brother’s foot slipped off the brake and we drifted into a parked car.  I turned right before we hit, and said “ugh oh”. 

I hit the windshield, made an indent with my forehead, and as my head pulled away the windshield grabbed my forehead and also took some off my nose.

thankfully my brother picked my forehead off the windshield and carried it to the house, as I was walking home too, and my sister called my dad at the hospital and dad grabbed one of his friends and met us at the ER.   

They sewed my forehead back on and took a rectangular piece of skin off my thigh and put that on my nose. It all took, but it was not too fun.

the funny part is once a month I have to shave the one hair that grows on my nose. And it tans differently. 

That's fucking crazy. Thanks for the full story.

Were you freaking out the entire time or in shock or what? 

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

That's fucking crazy. Thanks for the full story.

Were you freaking out the entire time or in shock or what? 

Nope. First thing I said, after I was back in the plush front passenger seat in the Vega, was “should I go tell Mom?”.

i asked that because a couple years earlier when my brother and I were fighting in the kitchen, he’s four years older, and I came with an uppercut, he got my arm on the cutting board and cut my wrist, thankfully with a serrated bread knife rather than a carving knife, and he said, “don’t tell Mom”.

I was covered in blood after the crash, but walked the 300 yards home. I did touch my skull, which was kind of neat for a 12-year old boy. My father was none too happy with my brother. First thing he said as he met us at the ER was, “what the fuck were you doing, playing with the radio?”.

That always makes us laugh. I still have the scar on my wrist.

It was good we only lived three miles from the hospital where Dad worked.

i only freaked out when I woke after surgery and had my arms strapped down and I did not know there was a bandage all the way down over my nose. My eyes were open but it was pitch black. I thought I was blind. That part wasn’t cool. But everything else was pretty cool, to a 12-year old boy.

4 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

1/2 of Surly:  So how's the dog?

Other 1/2:  Fuck yo dog!

One that grinds my gears that I am occasionally guilty of is when someone replies with “I am doing good” or “I am good” instead of well.

You need to get over this one because saying “I am well” sounds haute and dainty.

Don’t know if this has been mentioned or not, but I see rage every single time when I do a google search for the start time of a sporting event. They never put the time zone of the start time, forcing you to continue searching until you can somehow find that one web site that shows it, or you can triangulate between web sites that seem to cater to the different time zones. Drives me insane.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Wonky aux cords piss me off all out of proportion.

Yep.

First thing in the morning, leaving on a roadtrip or whatever, " Honey, can i charge my phone?"

Why didn't you charge it overnight like the rest of the world?

Guest Lobo
3 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Don’t know if this has been mentioned or not, but I see rage every single time when I do a google search for the start time of a sporting event. They never put the time zone of the start time, forcing you to continue searching until you can somehow find that one web site that shows it, or you can triangulate between web sites that seem to cater to the different time zones. Drives me insane.

Yep, this.  And people that quote times of events with "CST" or "CDT" but they're usually using the wrong one.  Standard is still the default for a lot of programs, but we actually spend 8 months outta the year, not 50/50 in Daylight Saving mode.  So "D" should actually be the default.  If I had my way, people would just fucking know the difference and use the correct one.  And if don't know which one we are in right now, just put "CT."  People are almost always wrong, so just write the timezone.  Shit, now people are putting "ET" in shit that we all fucking know is in the CT.  

Also---Harry's Razors.  I like the program, the prices, the customer service, etc.  But fucking a with the way that cartridge rests on the handle.  It's bullshit.  You go to tap that thing ever so gently in the shower or sink, and the blade just goes spinning off into infinity.  You can't brag about german engineered blades and then a guy like me who has a non-ironic thick stubble to my beard.  I can rinse all I want but I need to tap a few times during a shave to get all the whiskers out.  And the fucking blade comes off literally half the time, or more.  It's annoying as shit.  Make a fucking blade that stays on the handle during a shake any stronger than Lamar at a javelin throw.  

On 5/1/2019 at 5:19 PM, shakahorn said:

Working from home one day, same deal, thought I was on mute, went to take a piss.  Except there were only four people on the call and the guy who works with me knew it was me.  No one said a word at the time.  Big huge horse piss complete with flush.

Your name is Frank Drebin isn't it?

• Like 2

....44db19e655a5391488891d8c272245e6.jpg

Jesus Christ. This shit drives me crazy. The dell warranty webpage for servers may give you three or four of these bastards before they pull up your warranty information. Holy shit I just want to see if this server tag number has warranty left or if I need to call a third party repair company. I’m not trying to play fucking match game.

Bitchass ice cream companies trotting out their 1.43 QT packaging and making playlike it is a half gallon.

Step off with that shit you bitchass muthafuckas.

How bad are you fuckers at golf that you get irritated by people having the gall to read greens and actually try to make their puts? Like at what level of suck does your give a fuck level drop to just walking up giving it a whack?

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2