Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

Purely trivial but douchebag walking through otherwise quiet hotel lobby/ atrium area talking loud AF on their phone call on earbuds/ whatever.
Dude, you aint that fucking important- and if you were, you would be professional enough to find a private space.
Fuck you, public phonecall dude. 

This goes for anywhere in public. Not just quiet areas. Fuck those people.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, slorch said:

Purely trivial but douchebag walking through otherwise quiet hotel lobby/ atrium area talking loud AF on their phone call on earbuds/ whatever.

Dude, you aint that fucking important- and if you were, you would be professional enough to find a private space.

May I introduce you to that guy, but in a public bathroom stall on speaker phone...    

If I'm at the wall urinal, and I am because who shits in a public restroom if they can help it, I wait till this guy is saying something then flush so the other party knows without a doubt what's happening. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, slorch said:

When people are on phones talking loud in public I always think how unimportant they and their call must be.

I'm not important, but in my job I do talk internally and with customers about deals, sometimes larger multi-million dollar deals.  From both a professionalism and negotiation/competition standpoint I don't want anyone hearing what I say except the people I am talking with.

If you and or the topic are really important, you should not be sharing it with the world.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, slorch said:

I'm particularly irked by those who hold the phone like it's some sort of lip plate or something... I understand the purpose, but when they don't have earbuds or anything, it means they are both shouting into it and cranking the volume so they can hear what's being said.

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

And fuck these people who stand in the middle of aisles while they chat. Get the fuck out the way. a1933e84fc001419779bde1f8cfd909f.jpg

In the store yesterday, and ran into a woman with her kid in one of those huge racecar carts. She blocks half the aisle with that monstrosity and then stands next to it hunting for god knows what blocking the entire aisle. 

Fucking people.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
6 hours ago, slorch said:

This goes for anywhere in public. Not just quiet areas. Fuck those people.

Sometimes it’s entertaining.  The self checkout at the grocery store was a little backed up the other day.  Guy in front of me was on the phone.  Big guy with a really deep voice.  Anyone within 30 feet of him could hear every word he said.  I only heard one side of the conversation he was having, but I’m pretty sure he was getting laid when he got home.

21 hours ago, ABSR said:

When people are on phones talking loud in public I always think how unimportant they and their call must be.

I'm not important, but in my job I do talk internally and with customers about deals, sometimes larger multi-million dollar deals.  From both a professionalism and negotiation/competition standpoint I don't want anyone hearing what I say except the people I am talking with.

If you and or the topic are really important, you should not be sharing it with the world.

I was in the Delta Lounge last week in the ATL airport.  There was a guy that was occupying one of the three-sided cubicles that you sit at facing inward.  He is on a call with a headset on.  Instead of sitting at the cubicle and talking into the space he is standing up with his back to the cubicle talking for all to hear in the lounge.

2 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Saw one for May last week.  

I’m grateful for those people.  Passed one a few months ago, probably doing 50 in a 40.  Cop was hiding in an alley, hits the lights, and pulls out in pursuit.  I was like, fuck me, now I get to contribute $250 toward the police department’s latest purchase of tactical gear.  Instead, he pulled over the person I just passed with the raggedly looking paper plates.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:

I attended UT from 93-98.  Was friends with a very attractive young lady whose car hadn’t been inspected since 86. 

That's pretty good.  I'm sitting on 07/20 right now.  Can't pass inspection and going to buy a new car in the next year probably, so seeing if I can ride it out a bit longer.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

That's pretty good.  I'm sitting on 07/20 right now.  Can't pass inspection and going to buy a new car in the next year probably, so seeing if I can ride it out a bit longer.

She sweet talked her way out of the ticket every time.  How do you get away with that with the license plate scanners the cops have now?  I went a year and a half when I had a car that couldn’t pass and the repairs were more than the car was worth.

Why can I not have my AM and FM presets together at this point in time. I listen to basically 4 stations - the three "sports" FM ones (96.7, 105.3, 97.1) and the AM news traffic station (1080). I have the hands free on the steering wheel that I can use, but have to manually change it to the AM.

Seems like you should just be able to have 6 preset stations and it can figure when to switch to XM, sirius, AM all by it's self.

2 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

She sweet talked her way out of the ticket every time.  How do you get away with that with the license plate scanners the cops have now?  I went a year and a half when I had a car that couldn’t pass and the repairs were more than the car was worth.

Guess I don’t look suspicious enough to scan?  I don’t really drive it that much either. 

I dropped 3 grand last year to “fix” the catalytic converter, since that was throwing the check engine light. That didn’t fix it, so I’m just throwing caution to the wind now.  220k miles. 2004 4Runner.  

14 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Got back from a long weekend trip where we left on trash day, so trash can was still on the street when we got back. This was in the bottom. 

IMG_7666.jpeg

What did you do to piss off your neighbors?

Guess I don’t look suspicious enough to scan?  I don’t really drive it that much either. 

I dropped 3 grand last year to “fix” the catalytic converter, since that was throwing the check engine light. That didn’t fix it, so I’m just throwing caution to the wind now.  220k miles. 2004 4Runner.  

What would it cost to disable the light?
  • Like 1

People in row 29 of a 32-row 737, who spring out of their seats like it's a starter gun when the unfasten seatbelt ding is heard getting into the gate. If you don't have a connection to meet, which most don't, just sit your ass down and wait like everyone else. It's not going to make that much of a difference.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Wally Pryor said:

People in row 29 of a 32-row 737, who spring out of their seats like it's a starter gun when the unfasten seatbelt ding is heard getting into the gate. If you don't have a connection to meet, which most don't, just sit your ass down and wait like everyone else. It's not going to make that much of a difference.

I fly a lot so I see this often.  99.9% of the time I have an aisle seat.  To prevent the rush I typically will turn sideways in my seat with my legs in the aisle preventing them from getting past me.  You can usually tell the ones that are in dire need to get off of the plane so I will let them pass.  Once the traffic starts to flow then I will get up and will allow space for the people that are sitting in my row on the inside seats to exit first.  But I make sure that they have all of their crap together before I do so so that it does not hold others up.

The rush to get off of the plane is a common problem in some countries.  You have to get pretty defensive in holding your space.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Jameslaw121 said:

Seems like you should just be able to have 6 preset stations and it can figure when to switch to XM, sirius, AM all by it's self.

Sounds like you need a different type of car. Both my old car from 2011 and my newer 2023 do this exactly. I’ve got AM, FM and Sirius all mixed in right next to each other across my presets. 

• Drool 1

1 hour ago, mininghorn88 said:

The rush to get off of the plane is a common problem in some countries.  You have to get pretty defensive in holding your space.

Do not try to defend against old Korean grandmas deplaning and rushing the line. You will get wrecked.

1 hour ago, Sam Lin said:

Do not try to defend against old Korean grandmas deplaning and rushing the line. You will get wrecked.

A related story; not Korean but a Chinese grandmother.

Several years ago my now ex-wife and I took our two young teenage kids to New York City for vacation.  This was something that the ex and my daughter really wanted to do.  Some of my exe's friends convinced her that she needed to go to Chinatown to buy a knock-off high-end brand purse.  They had convinced her that they looked like the real deal.  Whatever.

So we make our way to Chinatown to begin the experience of buying some knock-off purses on the cheap.  After several stops and some shady conversations we find a guy to negotiate with.  I had already told my ex that she needs to barter a bit.  I am leaving this all up to her since this is her deal.  As she is talking to the guy she finally reaches a dollar point and turns to me and asks me what do I think?  I proceeded to tell her, with the guy listening, that I could get a better quality purse from the Silk Market in Beijing the next time that I go to China for an even better price.  This ticks the guy off and he now refuses to negotiate or sell anything to us.  Now I am the "bad guy" in the eyes of my ex because I ruined her chances of getting a purse there.

We proceed to walk around a bit more looking for another place to spend our money on cheap purses with the ex fuming at me the whole time.  We finally find an old Chinese grandmother that says that she has some purses to sell.  She asks us to follow her.  We follow her a couple of blocks and she leads us right back to the guy that we had ticked off.  He recognizes us and refuses to sell us anything.  The grandmother starts yelling at him and is spitting on the ground and making all sorts of gestures towards him.  He ends up selling us some cheap-ass purses.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 7/26/2023 at 11:39 AM, Vic Mackey said:

And fuck these people who stand in the middle of aisles while they chat. Get the fuck out the way. a1933e84fc001419779bde1f8cfd909f.jpg

I work in the grocery industry, not a particular store or chain.  I have been known to suggest they catch up at church this Sunday.

Sometimes they giggle.  Sometimes they don't, but either way they usually get the hint.

I'm sorry, but the meat case on November leading up to Turkey Day or the chip aisle on NYE ain't the fucking place for reunions.

Edited by slorch

6 hours ago, Sam Lin said:

Old white ladies are the consensus watch out or they will run your ass over-  in the aforementioned grocery industry.

Rude bitches...and not the good kind either.

23 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

I attended UT from 93-98.  Was friends with a very attractive young lady whose car hadn’t been inspected since 86. 

I got pulled over twice from 800 So Aiport to campus one Sat morning.  The inspection sticker was 2 days stale.

Just now, nbmishoid said:

I got pulled over twice from 800 So Aiport to campus one Sat morning.  The inspection sticker was 2 days stale.

Well, I certainly learned to avoid the corner of 22nd &Rio Grande if the tags or inspection were out of date.  Fuckers set up shop there like clockwork at the first of the   month, which sucked if your car was registered at your parent’s house and you hadn’t been home in a while.

8 hours ago, mininghorn88 said:

I fly a lot so I see this often.  99.9% of the time I have an aisle seat.  To prevent the rush I typically will turn sideways in my seat with my legs in the aisle preventing them from getting past me.  You can usually tell the ones that are in dire need to get off of the plane so I will let them pass.  Once the traffic starts to flow then I will get up and will allow space for the people that are sitting in my row on the inside seats to exit first.  But I make sure that they have all of their crap together before I do so so that it does not hold others up.

The rush to get on the plane is what I don’t get.  Also common among certain cultures 

12 hours ago, closetohumping said:

The rush to get on the plane is what I don’t get.  Also common among certain cultures 

The baggage fees have exacerbated this. It’s all about the overhead storage. Late boarders get hosed. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

We pretty much fly SWA exclusively and just make our way to the back and inevitably some sitting behind us will stand and try and make their way off, we try and schedule longer layovers so that we don't feel rushed and take our time off the plane most often last ones off. 

When it comes to air travel I am a stickler for rules and proper etiquette (which should be common sense in most instances). Without fail, on just about every flight that I am on, during the boarding process when it is called for those that need a little extra time for boarding to please board early and now, there is always at least one person that takes advantage of that call that clearly does not need any extra time to board. Ugh.

• Hook 'Em 2