Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

All I know is yoga pants are out in full effect in Austin even though it's still very much summer dress/shorts season...but for some reason I am totally okay with it.

Except you woman on Congress & 7th this morning in stunning yoga pants with the revealing mesh throughout.  With your shirt front tucked in and the back dangling all the way down to just above your knees.  This is not 1997.  While we enjoy your camel toe...those pants are about the ass.  And from the looks of it, you had a nice one.  But you decided the fucking H&M psuedo-bathrobe look over your backside was more flattering than just letting the sunshine of your buttocks get out there for the traffic cams to enjoy.  Be yourself.  Get it out there.  Life is yours for the taking.  I don't know what happened to you in leggings school, but it's not your fault.

On 8/30/2018 at 9:10 AM, Litig8r said:

When you email a document in an editable format like, WORD, and somebody with WORD, sends back an email requesting you make "the following changes" to the fucking document, rather than just fucking doing it.  The first way always ends up, with "you didn't change it the way I wanted it changed"...

...or when someone sends you an email with a locked pdf document and asks you to make changes..arrrgggghhhh

On 9/1/2018 at 8:45 PM, Knoxtnhorn said:

I was already not in the mood and then...

SIL comes home from work during the last 10 mins of the Penn St game and proceeds to yap for 45 godamn straight minutes.  She's staying with us for a few weeks until she can get into the house she closed on last week.  I've told my wife that she needs to talk to her about this.  Every, single fucking time I get a couple of minutes alone with my wife to watch one of our shows or somesuch, here comes gdamn SIL to yap about a bunch of stupid shit.  Every.  Fucking.  Time.  

Bet she can't talk with her mouth full.

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 11:30 AM, Jersey Man10 said:

I fucking hate the sound of diesel trucks idling.

I must be getting old, it seems like every pickup on the road, gasoline or diesel, has an exhaust system that is just loud as fuck. Meanwhile auto engine noise and exhaust systems have gotten so quiet that I don't even realize that they're running sometimes. Brb, got a cloud to yell at.

1 hour ago, El Diablo said:

I must be getting old, it seems like every pickup on the road, gasoline or diesel, has an exhaust system that is just loud as fuck. Meanwhile auto engine noise and exhaust systems have gotten so quiet that I don't even realize that they're running sometimes. Brb, got a cloud to yell at.

trucks are especially bad about making a shit ton of noise and getting no where.  almost as bad as the ricers and their crappy civics. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DCLonghorn said:

Dots to separate a phone number.  Early on, this precluded you from clicking on the number on your phone to make a call.  Not a problem now, but still hate it for no good reason.

FWIW, it helps me to read the separation in the numbers. Maybe I'm retarded.

Edited by Cheeseweasel

23 hours ago, HouTex said:

I had it recently. It really sucks when it’s ass/crotch shingles. There’s a new vaccine that is more effective and it’s recommended for people over 50. The old one was recommended for people over 60.

That would be herpes. And the new vaccine is Shingrix. And yes, it’s good but it’s not for herpes.

Edited by Newdoc

Password validators that force you to make a less-secure password.

Oh, you mean I can't use certain characters in my password? Lovely! I'll make sure I only use easily-guessable dictionary words for storing my banking information with you, you miserable fucks.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

That would be herpes. And the new vaccine is Shingrix. And yes, it’s good but it’s not for herpes.

It might be genital herpes in some cases, but not mine.  This is TMI, but my rash started on the left side of the top of my ass at my lower back and continued around my ass on the left side and ended at the scrotum.  Dr. took one look at it and immediately said it was shingles.  I had other classic symptoms of shingles as well.  This is from the mayoclinic.org site:

"Varicella-zoster is part of a group of viruses called herpes viruses, which includes the viruses that cause cold sores and genital herpes. Because of this, shingles is also known as herpes zoster. But the virus that causes chickenpox and shingles is not the same virus responsible for cold sores or genital herpes, a sexually transmitted infection."

1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

Password validators that force you to make a less-secure password.

Oh, you mean I can't use certain characters in my password? Lovely! I'll make sure I only use easily-guessable dictionary words for storing my banking information with you, you miserable fucks.

These are the same shitheads that force you to choose an opinion-based password reset/verification question and answer. 

I'm an adult. I don't have a favorite color. Or a single favorite food.

Or the questions you have to choose from are so meaninglessly broad and/or stupid that you couldn't ever possibly answer it the same way after significant passage of time. One of the most terrible questions I've seen was "Who did you look up to as a child?"

And I understand that these sorts of things can't be looked up, theoretically making them more secure, but many of them sure as shit can't be consistently reproduced, either. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
  • Like 3

I started out with soreness on my left side, ribs and back, thought maybe I had pulled something after yard work.  The pain got progressively worse and I began to think maybe my pancreatitis was flaring up, had to endure it during the boy's wedding, didn't notice the rash until the day before work.  Both the pain and rash became worse and ended up going to Urgent Care after work on Labor Day, PA thought we caught it early enough to prevent it from getting worse.  Some Prednisone, Lidocane and some Val-bullshit have helped immensely.  Have an appt with GP later this month and will get the Vaccine.  Still a little rough when driving/riding in car and hitting bumps pain wise. 

12 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

These are the same shitheads that force you to choose an opinion-based password reset/verification question and answer. 

Or the questions you have to choose from are so meaninglessly broad and/or stupid that you couldn't ever possibly answer it the same way after significant passage of time. One of the most terrible questions I've seen was "Who did you look up to as a child?"

And I understand that these sorts of things can't be looked up, theoretically making them more secure, but many of them sure as shit can't be consistently reproduced, either. 

Or "who was your favorite teacher?"

I remember different things on a day to day basis.  I may remember the name today, but in a week I'll draw a complete blank.  Yes, I'm old.

1 hour ago, HouTex said:

It might be genital herpes in some cases, but not mine.  This is TMI, but my rash started on the left side of the top of my ass at my lower back and continued around my ass on the left side and ended at the scrotum.  Dr. took one look at it and immediately said it was shingles.  I had other classic symptoms of shingles as well.  This is from the mayoclinic.org site:

"Varicella-zoster is part of a group of viruses called herpes viruses, which includes the viruses that cause cold sores and genital herpes. Because of this, shingles is also known as herpes zoster. But the virus that causes chickenpox and shingles is not the same virus responsible for cold sores or genital herpes, a sexually transmitted infection."

Just giving you grief. Actually, patients and doctors do mix them up when the rash is in the nether regions. One can get a viral culture if confusing.

17 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

Just giving you grief. Actually, patients and doctors do mix them up when the rash is in the nether regions. One can get a viral culture if confusing.

Unless I got the immaculate version of herpes . . .  Thirty years married to the same woman with no extramarital sex and I've never had a rash on my ass before.  In any event, the doctor was sure of his diagnosis.

And let the jokes fly that my wife is screwing someone else . . .

1 hour ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

for actual security you shouldn't be answering those questions.  instead you should use a nonsense phrase that you know and won't forget.  like a password, but much longer (and without stupid rules like needing a special character). 

2 hours ago, You don't know me said:

Or "who was your favorite teacher?"

I remember different things on a day to day basis.  I may remember the name today, but in a week I'll draw a complete blank.  Yes, I'm old.

As old as I am I still remember my third grade teacher who was smoking hot and married to the UT place kicker.

Mrs. Crosby was married to Tony who kicked for the 1963 National Champions and was unique because he kicked barefoot straight on.

Would lift his toes and hit the ball with the ball of his foot 

That was 55 years ago.

1 hour ago, HouTex said:

Unless I got the immaculate version of herpes . . .  Thirty years married to the same woman with no extramarital sex and I've never had a rash on my ass before.  In any event, the doctor was sure of his diagnosis.

lol_idi_amin.gif

"Impossible doc.  Someone else must have shot that lion..."

Edited by Buffsoldier

I bought a replacement power cord for my phone. Holy shit was it damn near impossible to get out of the packaging. The plastic tag that's used to hang it on a display stand was glued on so tight I couldn't pull it off. That made it impossible to pry open the tab on the top of the box. So I tore open the box from the bottom but there was another little wall inside blocking access to the cord.

So I used an X-Acto knife to get in through the top of the box and ripped off half of the front so I could remove the cord. Then the cord was wrapped with two thick paper tabs that couldn't be torn off manually. I had to use the knife again, making little cuts, trying not to damage the cord. The packaging was in shreds by the time I got the cord free. JFC.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Okie State said:

Waiting on a package to be delivered that was at the FedEx hub 15 miles away from my house on Wednesday only to see it travel 2,000 miles out of the way to Denver and back over the past two days.

Does that really bother you more than seeing it sit at the same hub 15 miles away from your house for three consecutive days?

As old as I am I still remember my third grade teacher who was smoking hot and married to the UT place kicker.
Mrs. Crosby was married to Tony who kicked for the 1963 National Champions and was unique because he kicked barefoot straight on.
Would lift his toes and hit the ball with the ball of his foot 
That was 55 years ago.
Show off.

5 hours ago, HouTex said:

Only anal bro, I swear.

Does that really bother you more than seeing it sit at the same hub 15 miles away from your house for three consecutive days?

Yes because it was a somewhat fragile package and it traveled an extra 2,000 unnecessary miles furthering the risk of damage. Sure enough the box was beat to shit, but thankfully packed well enough that the contents were okay.

I also hate incompetent people.