Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

14 hours ago, Homercles said:

There are a group of moms that power walk with their strollers each morning that walk on the road. Seems kinda risky to me, just to be able to talk. Go to the park trails where there aren’t cars going 30mph

How else are they going to get instagram photos of them walking? 

This is the furthest thing from trivial, but is it really that difficult to remember that your freaking child is in the car? I don’t have children so I really don’t know. I have had dogs and I never came close to forgetting them. I did leave a gallon of milk in the car overnight once but fortunately it was winter.

There are a group of moms that power walk with their strollers each morning that walk on the road. Seems kinda risky to me, just to be able to talk. Go to the park trails where there aren’t cars going 30mph
Any hot ones?

I cringe seeing a stroller being pushed on the shoulder of the road. If you want to be a dumbass and die? Be my guest. Dont make the kid die too.

I once saw a mom with a stroller and toddler on a bike waiting for the light to turn red so they could cross. Then light went red, walk light now on and instead of having the kid get off and walk the bike across next to her pushing the stroller, she pushed the kid into the road so they could bike...ran back and got the stroller while the kid is in the middle of the lane. My stomach went in my throat and jaw dropped. Thankfully all other motorists saw this dumbassery and the kid didnt get hit
  • Like 1

Most mornings, dumb asses in my neighborhood walk the main streets in the bike lanes going with traffic, then have the nerve to bitch on Nextdoor when someone gets uncomfortably close to them when driving.  Get the fuck up on the sidewalk, or at least walk against traffic, and, dumb ass, don't walk in the dark with no reflectors and lights and expect cars to see you.

(no, I haven't hit them, but damn if I haven't been tempted a few times)

Dickheads who insist on ordering the vegetarian pizza when I’m buying pizza for the office.  The vegetarian eats two pieces and the rest goes uneaten.  All the pepperoni slices get eaten and the fatties are hovering around looking for more.  I now just order a cheese instead of a vegetarian (which will be eaten, likely by the fatties).

15 hours ago, Lat22 said:

This is the furthest thing from trivial, but is it really that difficult to remember that your freaking child is in the car? I don’t have children so I really don’t know. I have had dogs and I never came close to forgetting them. I did leave a gallon of milk in the car overnight once but fortunately it was winter.

You will never convince me that it is not on purpose. Ever. They have some type of remorse and want to stage this "accident" and see if it flys. It's an epidemic now and I don't buy any of it, nor do a lot of people. Very convenient how they never "forget" them in the cooler months. How can you take a child to a location and get out of your car and walk in this location for sometimes a few hours and not even think about your child? Fucking ridiculous. Spare me the defenses they give or what some lawyer might concoct. No one forgets a child of theirs in a car for any amount of time.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BikeRoute said:

Attending a function and venturing over to the cookie platter where a chocolate chip is selected, of course.

But after biting into it it turns out to be raisins.

Have you considered paying a visit to your ophthalmologist? Sounds like you might need glasses. 

9 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Perhaps kids are less likely to die inside cars during cooler months, and "child left in car for a while and later found to be just fine" doesn't get as much media coverage? 

Even on just a 70 degree day in the sun, a car inside can reach temps of 115 or so after an hour. That is still enough to do some damage to a baby. With zero air circulation. Take it up to 80 degrees outside, and the temps now can get much higher in the car. 

I get what you are saying but still not buying it at all from these parents. Hell people can barely leave their house or car without their phone and not notice for 5min. But I am supposed to believe they forget their own child for over an hour?

Edited by Vic Mackey

8 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

You will never convince me that it is not on purpose. Ever. They have some type of remorse and want to stage this "accident" and see if it flys. It's an epidemic now and I don't buy any of it, nor do a lot of people. Very convenient how they never "forget" them in the cooler months. How can you take a child to a location and get out of your car and walk in this location for sometimes a few hours and not even think about your child? Fucking ridiculous. Spare me the defenses they give or what some lawyer might concoct. No one forgets a child of theirs in a car for any amount of time.

Adding to this:  I'd be willing to bet my substantially small fortune that they don't 'forget' their cell phones in their car when they leave a child to bake.

• Fuck You 1

9 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Also, sites are more and more these days are fighting back from the Ad Blockers. Fuck you. I don't want to see your shitty ads and will not whitelist you based on principle. This came up today when trying to read an article. Literally took up the entire screen.

Fuck 'em. The internet is too big for me to give two fucks about your ad revenue. I'll be moving along...

11 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Not a parent, I see.  I never left either of my kids in the car on accident, but I could see how it can happen.

• Like 1

Not a parent, I see.  I never left either of my kids in the car on accident, but I could see how it can happen.

I actually could too in situations where I don't normally have the kids. Like if my wife works late and I break my normal routine to pick them up from daycare. I could see myself forgetting if they fell asleep and weren't making any noise and I had other shit on my mind. I'd like to think I'd figure it out pretty quickly though. Hopefully I'm never in that situation.

12 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Dumb post is dumb.  

College friend of mine had taken his son to daycare. While in the drop off line at the daycare they asked him to come inside to deal with something trivial.  The  line is where the workers remove all kids from the car.  Guy gets back in his car and drives to work.  Son was asleep and didn't make a peep.  He was found when he left the office to go back home.  It's been about 10 years and was in the news here in DFW.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Okie State said:

I actually could too in situations where I don't normally have the kids. Like if my wife works late and I break my normal routine to pick them up from daycare. I could see myself forgetting if they fell asleep and weren't making any noise and I had other shit on my mind. I'd like to think I'd figure it out pretty quickly though. Hopefully I'm never in that situation.

I can't fathom how it happens, but I'll accept this as a more likely possibility than infanticide. 

17 hours ago, TK421 said:

Dickheads who insist on ordering the vegetarian pizza when I’m buying pizza for the office.  The vegetarian eats two pieces and the rest goes uneaten.  All the pepperoni slices get eaten and the fatties are hovering around looking for more.  I now just order a cheese instead of a vegetarian (which will be eaten, likely by the fatties).

Kind of have the same situation here.  On most Thursdays I order 2 large super duper pizzas from Spanky's.  Two of our mechanics don't like all the veggies, so a couple of times have ordered 1 SD and 1 meat lovers.  Yep, the SD gets wiped out while the ML only gets 3 or 4 pieces eaten.  Last time I bought I told them if they wanted something different to order and buy it themselves.

15 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Damn, that's some of the scariest shit I"ve ever read.  For the love of God I hope you're wrong.

56 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Kind of have the same situation here.  On most Thursdays I order 2 large super duper pizzas from Spanky's.  Two of our mechanics don't like all the veggies, so a couple of times have ordered 1 SD and 1 meat lovers.  Yep, the SD gets wiped out while the ML only gets 3 or 4 pieces eaten.  Last time I bought I told them if they wanted something different to order and buy it themselves.

Pretty much every pizza place in America will let you order a pizza with one half different from the other.

I got one.

Drove home from work the other day behind a Chrysler Minivan.  The rear wiper blade/assembly was missing - but the "nub" attached to the wiper motor was still attached. . .and it was on.  Sat in a traffic jam for about 10 minutes watching that little nub move back and forth.  Sunny, clear day too - I wonder how long it's been on?

Incredibly trivial but it made me surly.

Edited by BearSchlong
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BearSchlong said:

I got one.

Drove home from work the other day behind a Chrysler Minivan.  The rear wiper blade/assembly was missing - but the "nub" attached to the wiper motor was still attached. . .and it was on.  Sat in a traffic jam for about 10 minutes watching that little nub move back and forth.  Sunny, clear day too - I wonder how long it's been on.

the same day they drove it off the lot if i know my mini van drivers the way i think i do

I’ve said it once, and I’ll say it again:  the Darién gap in the Pan-American highway fills me with a frustration that cannot be contained.

I was just looking at that last week since driving the Pan-American highway is on my bucket list. Since they discontinued the ferry service it appears to be quite time consuming and complicated getting your vehicle across.

tried getting a haircut today at one of those no appointment needed, $15 dollar/haircut places. I was told it would be a 45 minute wait even tho nobody was sitting in the lobby and 2 girls were standing behind the desk BS'ing, I followed 1 employee into the place, and 1 was getting done with a customer and they were walking to the front to pay. So im at 4 potential stylists that could squeeze me in for a 15 min quickie but nope.