Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

The word “salsa”. Back in the day it was just hot sauce. Then in the 90s somebody decided it needed to be more exotic. It’s fucking hot sauce.

What the actual fuck? So chicken tenders = chicken nuggets and now salsa = hot sauce?

I don’t want to live on this planet anymore.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

What the actual fuck? So chicken tenders = chicken nuggets and now salsa = hot sauce?

I don’t want to live on this planet anymore.

Maybe you could move to Pluto, which is no longer defined as a planet.

1 hour ago, NorthLoop said:

What's even worse is the recent trend of expecting men to go to these Gdamn things.  I'm lucky in that my wife would never, ever ask or expect me to go to a wedding or baby shower.  Doesn't mean I haven't lost some good friends along the way during football season.  I get going if you've got nothing better to do.  Actually, no I don't.  I'd rather nap, do yard work, or go to the dentist.  That being said, I'm absolutely perplexed that I have some in my circle of friends who begrudgingly go to these things over watching a football game.

CSB buddy of mine asked me and a couple other buddies to come to his first kid's baby shower, cuz his wife is...well you know.  We laughed and laughed and finally he told us OK, there's already gonna be a bunch of good food there (we knew his wife was good at that) so I'll sneak in a cooler of beer.  It was like a Weds night or something so we said what the hell.  There was probably 2 cases of decent beer there.  Yada yada yada, second kids baby shower, we weren't invited.  To this day, that's the only baby shower I've been to.

Edited by shakahorn

1 hour ago, shakahorn said:

CSB buddy of mine asked me and a couple other buddies to come to his first kid's baby shower, cuz his wife is...well you know.  We laughed and laughed and finally he told us OK, there's already gonna be a bunch of good food there (we knew his wife was good at that) so I'll sneak in a cooler of beer.  It was like a Weds night or something so we said what the hell.  There was probably 2 cases of decent beer there.  Yada yada yada, second kids baby shower, we weren't invited.  To this day, that's the only baby shower I've been to.

You yada yada'd over the best part. I'm not sure whether you're saying two cases of beer was too much or not enough. 

10 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
1 hour ago, Okie State said:
The baby shower my in-laws had for us definitely had beer because I supplied it. All of the guys stood outside drinking and shooting the shit. Really wasn't too bad.

Deep down, they hated you

Then he was doing it right. 

• Like 1

People that try to lure men into a baby shower with this like, "Great food and drinks."  I'd rather them just be honest, 'We'd like you to come because we need a lot of shit for the baby and we can't afford all of it.'  I'd come in that case.  When you operate under the guise of, "It'll be fun.  We'll have drinks and games and BBQ."  You know where and when I can get food and drinks?  Any fucking day and place of my choosing.  

3 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I remember when gas was $0.25 a gallon.  

I was three years old. My parents and I were on the way to my grandparents' to celebrate his birthday. When we got to Capitol Dr, I asked my father to go to the Sinclair gas station. My mother and father were very surprised. They must have thought I was confused with the free premiums and wanted a plastic dinosaur. (These were the old days when men wearing caps and ties pumped the gas for you and cleaned the windshield.)

Hell no. I been saving my money. I wanted to get grandfather a birthday present.

I hopped out of the car (these were the old days - no child safety seats) and went into the station. They sold gasoline, motor oil and cigarettes. And there was a soda water machine.

I asked for a pack of cigarettes. "Which brand?" The kind with the dog on the box. 

After going through Chesterfields, etc with the dog on the box the selection was getting pretty thin. Then I saw an advertisement on the gas station wall. THAT DOG!

Pack of Camels cost me 17¢.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Rising prices everywhere with no end in sight. Went into Whataburger yesterday and every god damn thing was raised. Those All Time Favorites burgers used to be $6 and now $7. The single meat Whataburger went from 3.25 to $4. All while the portions are smaller. Fuck you.

I swear moist towelettes were bigger when I was a kid.  Now each square is barely the size of my palm.  Not enough to clean 1 fingertip

• Like 1

We used to sometimes get behind a lady in the drop off and pick up line at school who had “Spoiled Wife of an Offshore Welder” in 10-inch letters in the back window of her 25 year old POS vehicle 

That was her way of advertising that her husband is out of town a lot.

Retail stores that mark an item/rack "clearance" when it's only really marked off 10-30%.  That's not clearance, that is a sale.  The "clearance" tag should be reserved for those items in which the store is selling at or below cost in order to quickly get it out of the store.  REI does this a lot.  

Edited by TexasHooch

4 hours ago, markstanco said:

Tractor Supply us such a beating. Always only one checker and 6+ people deep in line.

I will shop there only when necessary/emergency like for trailer parts when in a bind.

I go in there when there's not a single soul in line. Then by the time I get a couple sacks of feed and get back to the checkout there are 8 people in front of me.

14 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

People who don't turn off their blinker. Followed a car for a good 15 miles on the highway today with their blinker on. Maddening.

Speaking of blinkers, people who use their blinker to indicate the person in front of them is turning. JFC, people. I see your brake lights. I'm slowing down.

2 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Speaking of blinkers, people who use their blinker to indicate the person in front of them is turning. JFC, people. I see your brake lights. I'm slowing down.

I have never heard of this. So someone is signaling to the person behind them that the person in front of their car is turning? Like how would someone decipher this?

8 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I have never heard of this. So someone is signaling to the person behind them that the person in front of their car is turning? Like how would someone decipher this?

It's dumb. That's my point.

Here are a couple of explanations:

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110610203128AAAyWah

https://community.babycenter.com/post/a35854858/turn_signalsblinkers_for_vehicles_ahead_of_you

I can deal with a whole lot of shit, but people in the left lane of a divided highway doing the speed limit or even below the posted speed limit, who will not move over, need to be fucking blown off the road with a pair of front bumper mounted .50 cal chain guns.
...76032c1ddb232b21c55366d52890897e.jpg