Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

When one of your ears won't come unclogged after a flight. And this is someone who chews gum and tries other things to keep it from clogging during the airplane ride. It eventually goes away but the pressure and lowered ability to hear out of one ear really sucks till it does. 

When I become president, backing into parking spots will be illegal. And punishable by sterilization.

You fucking idiot drivers who do this tell me over and over again that it makes exiting your parking space easier. Well guess what, you dumb shits, no wonder you mouth breathers struggle so much with backing out of parking spaces....because you don't look before you dart your car forward into traffic. And I can't tell that you're about to move because you backed into your parking space and so there are no reverse lights to flash on to warn me that an idiot is about to be on the move.

Nearly every day on the way out of my parking garage at work, I have to slam on the brakes at least once because some backing-into-parking-spot fuckhead starts to lurch out right in front of me because they didn't bother to even look.

Edited by TornACL
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

When one of your ears won't come unclogged after a flight. And this is someone who chews gum and tries other things to keep it from clogging during the airplane ride. It eventually goes away but the pressure and lowered ability to hear out of one ear really sucks till it does. 

I have had that happen when the air conditioner broke, and I had to wait for a part to arrive... It was about 96° at about 2:30 am, and humidity was high enough to drown an owl mid flight... 

Sweat dripped inside my ear while I was sleeping, causing the same symptoms you described, all while in a sweat box until I fixed the a/c unit... #surlyoverload...

2 things piss me off.

1.  When a stupid tiny pebble somehow finds a way to jump into my sandal.

2a.  That the Mississippi River keeps the name south of Cairo, IL even though the majority of the river's volume there comes from the Ohio River.  Should be the Ohio River flowing past Memphis and into the Gulf.

2b.  That they decided the Ohio River begins in Pittsburgh instead of just using the name of the river feeding it the most water.  It should be the Allegheny River that flows past Cincinnati and Memphis and into the Gulf.

2c.  But the state of Mississippi is south of Cairo, not north, so it should be the Mississippi River that flows from northern PA, past Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Memphis, the ashtray, this paddle game, and this lamp into the Gulf.  The inappropriately named river above Cairo should have been named the Minnewiskiowanoissouri or somesuch.

2d.  That no one has the guts to fight The Man and fix this abomination. 

Edited by clapclapclap
I get my boxer shorts at K-Mart in Cincinnati.

Assholes who toss their cigarette butts out their car window and onto the ground when they're done smoking.  You smoked it in your car, so keep it in your car until you get somewhere that has a trash can, fuckwad.  I hate litterers in general, but for whatever reason, this particular type of trash-laying makes my blood boil.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

Out of all the times I've flown that has happened to me once. On my way to New Orleans for my first vacation in like five years. Was completely pumped for it, got on the plane, ordered a Jack Daniels, then spent the next 4 hours in complete misery with what felt like ice pick had been stuck between eyes. I got to watch other people having fun and getting drunk.... God I was fucking pissed

I had trouble sleeping the night I came home as my ear kept popping as the fluid was working its way out. Ear still feels weird today but getting better. I had a summer cold leading up to the flight so I think that was part of the problem.

2 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Assholes who toss their cigarette butts out their car window and onto the ground when they're done smoking.  You smoked it in your car, so keep it in your car until you get somewhere that has a trash can, fuckwad.  I hate litterers in general, but for whatever reason, this particular type of trash-laying makes my blood boil.

this shit makes me road ragey

2 minutes ago, Okie State said:

I've seen people roll down their windows at stoplights and just dump trash out on the road. Bottles the mind.

Father-in-law did that on a fishing trip in Mexico 20 years ago, and I called him out on it. We haven't spoken since. Good riddance to that trashy motherfucker.

• Like 3

at Chuys tonight.  Not my choice, but hell...chips and queso work.

For happy hour they have free chips and queso/ beans/ taco meat/ salsa in the bar area.

Man comes and grabs a basket of chips, layers on the toppings onto the chips( small bowls for normal people are provided) to the point of it being enough food for 2 or 3 grown ass people.

Then his two 12-ish/ 13 ish sons do the same.

Not to be outdone, the wife comes up minutes later, gripes at the the barback because "there ain't no more taco meat" after her family ransacked the little chip station. She leaves with a basket of nachos that would have taken at least 3 meals for me to finish.

You know what, there are no signs indicating limits, but holy fuck people...you know it isn't the point to just be a gotdam free buffet.

not to mention, at least in Slorchy's world, you could almost hold a gun to my head and I still wouldn't fill my plate before my wife or kids.

Wrong as fuck on multiple levels...and just cruising through like shit was alright.

Edited by slorch

On 7/24/2018 at 12:00 AM, Sandman said:

When someone puts the leftover pizza in the fridge while it's still in the box. It gets dried out and rock hard almost immediately. Bag that shit up, dammit.

Put it in a pan with a tinfoil tent over it to reheat.  Takes longer than a microwave but it makes the crust crunchy again. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jersey Man10 said:

People that don't let their cars warm up. As soon as they turn it on they're already in reverse backing up. Makes me cringe.

That synthetic oil's gotta count for somethin...

On 7/24/2018 at 12:00 AM, Sandman said:

When someone puts the leftover pizza in the fridge while it's still in the box. It gets dried out and rock hard almost immediately. Bag that shit up, dammit.

Put it in a pan with a tinfoil tent over it to reheat.  Takes longer than a microwave but it makes the crust crunchy again. 

Dude, it is irrefutable that backing in is the correct and safest approach. You think they are going to see you better backing out?  What kind of silly shit is that? Angles, line of sight, etc.

What kind of parking garage are you in where none of the cars have auto headlights? Every car on the road has daytime running lights.

The only excuse for having to "slam on the brakes" is you are going too fast. Slow the fuck down.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

"Safer"? GTFO. It is just dumb conformity. Pull in correctly, or back in for no reason, but don't pretend it's logical. It isn't.  Frankly, it's how aggy parks.

It absolutely is: https://www.automotive-fleet.com/132822/aaa-warns-against-pull-forward-parking and http://www.adirondackdailyenterprise.com/opinion/columns/safety-on-the-roads-by-dave-werner/2018/06/reverse-parking-is-safer/

Edited by Llogg

1 hour ago, Jersey Man10 said:

People that don't let their cars warm up. As soon as they turn it on they're already in reverse backing up. Makes me cringe.

I've had my truck for 14 years. Start up and go every time, unless it's really cold and I need it to heat up inside. Sorry not sorry.

Flight out showed a delay, causing high potential of me missing the evening connection home.  Airline staff proactively tracked me down and offered an alternate routing, which I accepted.

Except they stuffed me in middle seat in the last row.  No recline.  1st leg fine.  2nd leg...also delayed, sending me home at midnight to wife in hysterics because our dog tracked literally tracked 2 fleas inside (never before occured in her life)...so we had to do laundry and vacuuming and other cleaning ....at  midnight.

Alternate scenario: decline the reaccomodation.  take original flight.  accept overnight in Munich on airlines behalf.  take leisurely morning flight home.  have legitimate excuse to skip work. collect 600€ compensation voucher.

Well, atleast I took the morning off anyway, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

18 hours ago, TornACL said:

When I become president, backing into parking spots will be illegal. And punishable by sterilization.

You fucking idiot drivers who do this tell me over and over again that it makes exiting your parking space easier. Well guess what, you dumb shits, no wonder you mouth breathers struggle so much with backing out of parking spaces....because you don't look before you dart your car forward into traffic. And I can't tell that you're about to move because you backed into your parking space and so there are no reverse lights to flash on to warn me that an idiot is about to be on the move.

Nearly every day on the way out of my parking garage at work, I have to slam on the brakes at least once because some backing-into-parking-spot fuckhead starts to lurch out right in front of me because they didn't bother to even look.

Exactly.  And whatever time they may save by being able to leave faster they waste by the five attempts it takes them to back into the spot.  No shits given that they're causing a traffic jam because they think they look cool if they park their  (90% of the time) truck backwards.  

Edited by Tom

10 hours ago, Llogg said:

Dude, it is irrefutable that backing in is the correct and safest approach. You think they are going to see you better backing out?  What kind of silly shit is that? Angles, line of sight, etc.

What kind of parking garage are you in where none of the cars have auto headlights? Every car on the road has daytime running lights.

The only excuse for having to "slam on the brakes" is you are going too fast. Slow the fuck down.

Safer?  Get the fuck out of here. This is a trend that has only recently taken over, at least where I work and park every day. There is a reason that car manufacturers created and installed these things called reverse lights.  That way I can know that someone is in reverse and about to move, before they even move. My entire point is that if backing in helps you see better when exiting, why do none of these dumb fucks seem to be able to check that the road ahead of them is clear when they leave? It's because the better visibility thing is a fallacy.

Also, just because a car has their lights on doesn't mean they are about to move. The reverse lights warn other drivers that the car is in gear and ready to roll.

Even if you are going 10 mph you're going to have to brake if someone lurches in front of you when they're only a car or two ahead of you.

Edited by TornACL