Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

Idiot ass neighbor who planted bamboo on our mutual fenceline.  Are you in college still?  Have you any idea how much those things encourage mosquitoes?  Certain trees and grasses in Central Texas, how do people not understand your idiotic fantasy what makes for a cool backyard is not okay for this part of the country.  

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
Maybe remember your login credentials next time?

Meh. Couldn't remember the log in name from my other 8 credit card accounts

If you didn't have the correct login name, how did it know to lock your account?

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Anton Chigurh said:

I have never encountered an auto window that could not be controlled manually.

Ours is tricky to get exactly right. If you press the button all the way, it goes all the way down/up, even if you let up. You have to partially press it to retain control, and it’s easy to go too far.

Also, boneless wings are delicious. I get them way more than regular.

Edited by skipperj

Ours is tricky to get exactly right. If you press the button all the way, it goes all the way down/up, even if you let up. You have to partially press it to retain control, and it’s easy to go too far.

Maybe you’re just not a good enough switch pusher.

Also, team bone-in wings.

2 hours ago, skipperj said:

The next time you eat actual wings, examine the bones after you're done. See all the tiny little bits of meat and cartilage that is still sticking to the bone. The stuff you wouldn't eat. That's the quality of meat they use to make your nuggets. A chicken wing is chicken. A chicken nugget has a bunch of ingredients that aren't chicken...or food. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skipperj said:

But, you do realize that actual wing places (not talking Burger King here) use chicken breast to make their boneless wings. These aren’t “nuggets”.

No, I don't realize that. I've never seen such a place. What's an example of a place that slices up a chicken breast, fries it, covers it in sauce, and sells it as a "boneless wing?" And what do they charge?

13 hours ago, deadshank said:

Take your vehicle in to get washed.  Workers "clean" the inside of the windows.  Drive into the morning or afternoon sun and the film that is left on the glass from the cleaning product is rage inducing.  

doesn't matter what i've used to clean my windshield, be it windex, invisible glass, vinegar, 90% rubbing alcohol, whatever, there's still some residue on it that only smears around.  annoys the fuck out of me

Edited by elfenix

19 hours ago, Upgrayedd said:

I hate to tell you this, but if your neighbor has bamboo, you have bamboo.

This. 

Neighbor cata-corner from my backyard planted bamboo and it started sprouting up in my yard. Sumbeech Wouldn’t do anything about it until one time I accidentally disconnected his wires from the Internet pedestal in the same corner of my backyard. Weird as hell though, those bamboo plants disappeared real quick like

Musta brushed up against them wires with the choppin hoe on the bamboo...

Edited by slorch

I don't get the chicken wing love anyway.

You get the piece of chicken with the absolute least meat on it.....slathered in some kind of sauce that gets all over your hands and face. Fuck that give me a leg a breast or a thigh any day over a fucking wing.

Edited by Steamboat1874

On 7/25/2018 at 11:25 PM, Jersey Man10 said:

People that don't let their cars warm up. As soon as they turn it on they're already in reverse backing up. Makes me cringe.

Hate to tell you but with modern cars it is completely unnecessary unless you're going to be jumping to highway speeds in the first minute or two.

LHN showing goddamn little league. I don’t want to see that shit. Ever. Who gives a rat’s ass. Show reruns of Texas football games, show the damn press conference, hell, show Ricky smoking weed for a couple hours straight. Just don’t show little league that has nothing to with the University of Texas.

On 7/25/2018 at 10:25 PM, Jersey Man10 said:

People that don't let their cars warm up. As soon as they turn it on they're already in reverse backing up. Makes me cringe.

You are absolutely correct. And the proper way to warm up a car is to drive slowly through the neighborhood because you need to warm up the transmission fluid, too. I had to teach my wife to take the parkway along the river to warm things up before getting on the freeway because she is a southern girl.

In fact, for winter driving, you should change your motor oil to a lighter weight. And change the battery every three years. And in rural areas, snow tires instead of all-season.

Also, if you live in an urban area or take the highways, there is salt on the roads. Salt corrodes metal. Which is why I have three cars: My summer roadster. My practical car. And my winter beater.

9 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

TV show or movie.  Car pulls up spewing steam out of the tailpipe. It's obvious that the car is ice cold, but was supposedly driven a long distance. 

Steam? Immediately check the head gasket. Unless you are driving a Stanley Steamer, there is no steam. 

There may be drops of water dripping from the tailpipe but that is the exhaust forcing out the condensation caused by cold headers and muffler and cat with the warm exhaust. That is why modern exhaust systems are stainless steel. I remember replacing exhaust systems on almost every car I owned. 

That is exhaust - which does have some water vapor. When it is cold enough, it won't matter how far you drive. You can see the exhaust.

iW03OeXC_o.jpg

Edited by Stoogey
Forgot the damn exhaust picture.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

These morning TV programs that invite restaurants in to set up elaborate cooking stations. One minute into the bit, the news bunnies start nervously looking at producers off camera because they’re already RUNNING OUT OF TIME!!!! They start cutting the guest off, try to finish his sentences, etc.  Why spend hours setting up these cooking sets for a two minute piece?  It’s trivial and it’s irritaing as shit. 

LHN showing goddamn little league. I don’t want to see that shit. Ever. Who gives a rat’s ass. Show reruns of Texas football games, show the damn press conference, hell, show Ricky smoking weed for a couple hours straight. Just don’t show little league that has nothing to with the University of Texas.

Why the fuck is Little League broadcasted on tv in the first place? We never see pee wee football or basketball championships on tv. Grown men watching little league baseball on tv is fucking weird.
  • Like 1