Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

2 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I, like most, cant stand texting and driving even tho we're all guilty of it time to time.

But if you're going to text at a red light, dont hold your phone above your steering wheel so the entire world can see what you're illegally doing. Morons

Not illegal to text at a red light in Austin.

My trivial thing for the day is people on the radio (looking at you NPR) who have fucking lisps.  I'm sorry, but we don't have ugly people on TV, for the most part, and we damn well shouldn't have people on the radio who talk with a lisp.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

When the speed limit goes up but people keep driving slow.

Or when the traffic tie-up is passed and people keep driving 25. Suddenly I'm with four other cars sharing three lanes at 65 mph and there's this mass of yutzes fading into the distance in my rear view mirror, holding up the people behind them. 

8 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

that's...that's some of the stupidest fucking unsafe shit i've ever seen. damn. we do need a plague. that has to be 4chan troll crap, right?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Or when the traffic tie-up is passed and people keep driving 25. Suddenly I'm with four other cars sharing three lanes at 65 mph and there's this mass of yutzes fading into the distance in my rear view mirror, holding up the people behind them. 

Or when people in this thread don't realize every possible traffic scenario has been beaten to death 100 times already.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

My trivial thing for the day is people on the radio (looking at you NPR) who have fucking lisps.  I'm sorry, but we don't have ugly people on TV, for the most part, and we damn well shouldn't have people on the radio who talk with a lisp.

Holy shit, this. Some podcasts I listen to occasionally have guests with lisps. I delete that shit the instant I hear it.

On 8/7/2018 at 1:23 PM, Dewey said:

...76032c1ddb232b21c55366d52890897e.jpg

The problem with this law is that means it is illegal to drive in the left lane unless you ARE passing.

They busted a guy last week on IH35 for driving in the left lane while not passing and he turned out to be hauling a shit load of drug cash and got busted for that too.

Of course they look for any reason to pull these "suspicious " people over looking for drug mules but it also means they can pull your ass over too.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

The problem with this law is that means it is illegal to drive in the left lane unless you ARE passing

I treat this law like I do the whole no alcohol in public parks thing. It’s the way to deal with assholes while maintaining credibility that it’s not just cause they are being assholes

You're at a place with a pickup counter (fast food, Starbucks, etc) and the pick up area has six or seven people backed up in line waiting for their shit.

Along comes a dude who literally just placed his order. They call a number or a name. He immediately goes over to the counter and starts rifling through shit to see if that's his order.

Yeah dude, you're such a fuckin VIP superstar that your meal was magically prepared before everyone else's. Get your filthy fucking paws off my shit. I don't understand how people aren't capable of looking around for half a second and thinking.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, TornACL said:

You're at a place with a pickup counter (fast food, Starbucks, etc) and the pick up area has six or seven people backed up in line waiting for their shit.

Along comes a dude who literally just placed his order. They call a number or a name. He immediately goes over to the counter and starts rifling through shit to see if that's his order.

Yeah dude, you're such a fuckin VIP superstar that your meal was magically prepared before everyone else's. Get your filthy fucking paws off my shit. I don't understand how people aren't capable of looking around for half a second and thinking.

Reminds me of loading an airplane.

The procedure hasn't changed in 20 fucking years. If you aren't a "prime" airline member or in first class, you don't need to run to the front. You're just in the fucking way.

On 8/9/2018 at 12:53 PM, Cheeseweasel said:

The procedure hasn't changed in 20 fucking years. If you aren't a "prime" airline member or in first class, you don't need to run to the front. You're just in the fucking way.

When we deplane, the fuckers who stand up first get off first, right?

On 8/9/2018 at 12:53 PM, Cheeseweasel said:

Even when I sit first class, I am usually one of the last ones on the plane.  I don't get the rush.  I prefer to spend as little amount of time as possible on a commercial airplane.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Even when I sit first class, I am usually one of the last ones on the plane.  I don't get the rush.  I prefer to spend as little amount of time as possible on a commercial airplane.

Don't you want to sit there in the plane while all the other passengers walk past and fart?

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

Less of an issue when in first, but securing overhead bin space and arm rest dominance are reasons why I often board asap. Or if there's something work related that's time sensitive - specifically, if I need to fire off an email before facing unreliable WiFi in the air (also a consideration when I intend to unplug but may later need to blame my non-responsiveness on the WiFi...) 

Is everyone in America just too stupid or lazy to do their job?  My homeowner's insurance is up for renewal and I want to switch carriers.  I get a quote for the new carrier and give them my mortgage information so they can send them the new policy information.  My mortgage company tells me that if I want to switch carriers that I need to pay the premium on the new policy up front.  What the fuck have I been paying into my escrow account for then you stupid motherfucker, so you can send me my money back in six months when I'm way over funded.  Fuck you you ignorant lazy piece of shit.

Less of an issue when in first, but securing overhead bin space and arm rest dominance are reasons why I often board asap. Or if there's something work related that's time sensitive - specifically, if I need to fire off an email before facing unreliable WiFi in the air (also a consideration when I intend to unplug but may later need to blame my non-responsiveness on the WiFi...) 

That sounds horrible. This year I have traveled a fuck ton for work. I get the overhead space maybe but being early on the plane sucks. However I am always group 5 or 6 so I don't have a choice.

Getting stuck behind some mom at  the soft drink / tea self-serve station and ma, at the insistence of her 3 year old, 2 foot tall daughter, lets girl try and fill her own 44 oz soft drink cup full of ice and then Coke.  

Through all the “ooh, what a big girl” cheerleading there’s ice on the floor, Fanta strawberry spilled everywhere and an 8 person back up.  

Just get the dang drink for her, woman. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DougO said:

Faulty windows updates that destroy your computer.

Not trivial.

I have been fortunate to be able to recover from every Windows update fuck up, but an iOS update bricked my iPad.  Even the nerds at the Apple store couldn’t get it running again so it sits on a shelf collecting dust.  I’m going to crack that fucker open one of these days just for shits and giggles. 

I have a Vizio smart TV. Happy with the quality to cost ratio. When I use the Netflix or YouTube apps and want to exit to watch cable tv, no problem. But if I am watching amazon prime and try to exit I have to hit the exit button what seems like no less than 37 fucking times to get out of that goddamn app. I feel like I am going through the procedure to launch a thermonuclear warhead from a bunker in Nebraska.

600px-WG_04.jpg

It always seems like if I run into two people doing stupid "I'm confused, everyone else bear with me" shit on the road early on in my commute, it's somehow a bird call for every other confused driver in Austin to pull out somewhere along the road in front of me, slow to 10 mph in the middle lane, and then try and turn left.  Or "I got my front wheels in the turn lane, so I is in the turn lane!".  Or "the guy in the right lane is putting his hazards on to slow down and unload in front of this building, better come to a complete stop next to him.  hey left lane friend, I see you are also frightened and stopping."

I have a Vizio smart TV. Happy with the quality to cost ratio. When I use the Netflix or YouTube apps and want to exit to watch cable tv, no problem. But if I am watching amazon prime and try to exit I have to hit the exit button what seems like no less than 37 fucking times to get out of that goddamn app. I feel like I am going through the procedure to launch a thermonuclear warhead from a bunker in Nebraska.

600px-WG_04.jpg

I have the opposite problem. Have to push the amazon button on the remote like twenty times to get it launched.

11 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I have been fortunate to be able to recover from every Windows update fuck up, but an iOS update bricked my iPad.  Even the nerds at the Apple store couldn’t get it running again so it sits on a shelf collecting dust.  I’m going to crack that fucker open one of these days just for shits and giggles. 

I spent two days working on getting my windows to boot, after many hours of reading, attempting different methods and downloading repair/install discs. Finally got it fixed...knock on wood.

But there's just no excuse for hat kind of bullshit. Now every update request scares the living crap out of me.