Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

^^^ Your "reverse light" argument is invalid ever since Chevy thought of their bright fucking idea of turning on the reverse lights when you unlock the car.  Slow the fuck down, put your phone down, and be aware of your surroundings.  Should prevent you from hitting someone in a parking garage.

16 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Assholes who toss their cigarette butts out their car window and onto the ground when they're done smoking.  You smoked it in your car, so keep it in your car until you get somewhere that has a trash can, fuckwad.  I hate litterers in general, but for whatever reason, this particular type of trash-laying makes my blood boil.

Especially when it's fucking hot and dry.  You should get a mandatory year in prison if you're caught doing this in our current conditions.  10 if you cause a fire, and add a year for each repeat offense.

16 hours ago, Jameslaw121 said:

Out of all the times I've flown that has happened to me once. On my way to New Orleans for my first vacation in like five years. Was completely pumped for it, got on the plane, ordered a Jack Daniels, then spent the next 4 hours in complete misery with what felt like ice pick had been stuck between eyes. I got to watch other people having fun and getting drunk.... God I was fucking pissed

Man, this is why I pop a sudafed 24 hour before flying or SCUBA.  Clear out the sinuses and nose, and you'll be able to clear your ears just fine.

16 minutes ago, PvilleStang said:

Man, this is why I pop a sudafed 24 hour before flying or SCUBA.  Clear out the sinuses and nose, and you'll be able to clear your ears just fine.

My GF (now wife) told me to go find a CVS and get some allergy medicine (something anti-something) and pound down like two coffees really quick. Guess it helped thin the blood or something. But it seemed to work after half an hour. 

17 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Assholes who toss their cigarette butts out their car window and onto the ground when they're done smoking.  You smoked it in your car, so keep it in your car until you get somewhere that has a trash can, fuckwad.  I hate litterers in general, but for whatever reason, this particular type of trash-laying makes my blood boil.

We should be allowed to shoot litterers. 

• Like 1

Back in parking is unquestionable safer, mostly for pedestrians and cyclists. It’s less important in parking garages, which are unavoidably chaotic and people who use them daily have figured them out just fine. But most people who back in park don’t give two shits about safety for pedestrians. They think it saves time which is stupid. As was mentioned it takes longer to get it right when parking and the time saved leaving is milliseconds, if anything.

The carriage return automatically gives you a double space in the Surly forum interface. Please stop hitting it twice between paragraphs. The carriage return is also known as the "Enter" or "Return" key. Sometimes it's represented by <CR>. When I hit it once...

This is the spacing. That's double spaced text. When I hit it twice...

This is the spacing. That's a big waste of space. Don't do that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

The carriage return automatically gives you a double space in the Surly forum interface. Please stop hitting it twice between paragraphs. The carriage return is also known as the "Enter" or "Return" key. Sometimes it's represented by <CR>. When I hit it once...

This is the spacing. That's double spaced text. When I hit it twice...

This is the spacing. That's a big waste of space. Don't do that. 

I think we have a new leader in the clubhouse for trivial...

Just now, luke duke said:

Backing in is definitely safer. There’s a reason that most companies with a bunch of fleet vehicles require their employees to back in.

You strike me as the sort of fellow who could back his f350 into a spot on the first try.  This isn’t about you.  It’s about the fucknuts who can’t accomplish that simple act without inconveniencing everyone else trying to run some fucking errands in an efficient manner.

Speaking about parking, people who hold up the line and traffic because they want to wait for a parking space in a lot with shit tons of spots just down the way. They will wait 5min for someone to unload groceries when they could have parked, walked in the store and already began shopping in that time.

22 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Speaking about parking, people who hold up the line and traffic because they want to wait for a parking space in a lot with shit tons of spots just down the way. They will wait 5min for someone to unload groceries when they could have parked, walked in the store and already began shopping in that time.

And they put their signal on like they’re being cordial. 

Backing in is definitely safer. There’s a reason that most companies with a bunch of fleet vehicles require their employees to back in.
This is simple. Pulling in to a lot and you know your surroundings. Cars behind and in front of you. You simply back in. I have a camera on my truck but dont use it, I look at each mirror backing in to make sure I'm in the middle.

Pull in forward, and when you finally strap in, start the vehicle, and put it in reverse the dynamics have completely changed from when you scanned the lot when you open the door and looked.

Women. Lol.

10 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Those are fat people.

You seem to be familiar with them.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2018 at 3:55 AM, Vic Mackey said:

Go around them.  

I walk into the grocery store to pick up a couple of things quick and I get accosted by these guys working for a charity.  The sincere young man made a good pitch and I forked over $30 dollars which is twice what I spent on the items I went in for. I feel like a patsy AND I coulda used that for gas!  Bastards. What ever D.A.R.E. is better fucking help kids and shit.

Edited by burntorangebongos

I walk into the grocery store to pick up a couple of things quick and I get accosted by these guys working for a charity.  The sincere young man made a good pitch and I forked over $30 dollars which is twice what I spent on the items I went in for. I feel like a patsy AND I coulda used that for gas!  Bastards. What ever D.A.R.E. is better fucking help kids and shit.

I’m sure with that $30 they will finally win “the war on drugs.”
  • Like 1

On 7/23/2018 at 7:25 AM, deadshank said:

NBC describing heavy rains or other bad weather and  insisting on adding extra urgency to panic all of the mommies watching by adding the descriptor "24 million people will be AT RISK in these storms."

So stupid and unnecessary 

I think the SOP at weather schools now is to train future meteorologists to incite full panic and hysteria.

Then when they DO predict something crazy like Harvey's rain output; everybody tends to blow them off.   "Yeah, those fuckers just want to get folks to kill Home Depot and Lowes again..."

On 7/28/2018 at 8:10 AM, burntorangebongos said:

They mean well but I tell them to google "Why DARE failed" or "Why DARE doesn't work."  The empirical and objective evidence is everywhere that the program has wasted hundreds of millions of dollars and drug use (admittedly in different forms) is actually higher in the places where DARE resources are concentrated.  It's one of the most shining examples of both government/non-profit ineptitude and also the futility of supply-side prohibition.  I don't think I've ever been to a non-profit conference that didn't use DARE as a beacon of what never to fucking do with your resources.  

Really. He mentioned helping with teen suicide and bullying and I think that is what set the hook for me. My sister was a counselor at an AISD school for 7th graders and the awful stories she told were so sad. He mentioned that they lost their funding but that made them work harder to try to continue what they said their mission was. I guess I should have taken that for a warning not to throw good money after bad. I wish those sincere young men well even though they might be being duped about the organization they are working for.

5 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
8 hours ago, ernest_t_bass said:
You want to see the bottom 75% of society, head to the state fair.  Christ almighty.

I have no idea what the fascination with this yearly carnival is. Besides Texas OU gameday, fuck that place.

Also the weird obsession with eating tons of deep fried foods that should never have been deep fried.

• Like 1