Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

2 hours ago, Celery Man said:

Microsoft picking "Azure" as the name of their fucking cloud.  So I have to sit in meetings and listen to absolutely nobody knowing or at least agreeing how to pronounce the word "azure".  It's like "measure", but starting with an a.

They should have named it Dave.

Parents with babies and/or toddlers who insist on bringing their children to: movies, plays, anything where you have to listen to something... fuck, just public places in general.  

To these parents - Understand, if you do this, please understand that this might mean you will be required to miss part of the performance... that is, if you are being a courteous human being who doesn't want to subject the rest of the general public with your screaming child.  If your child starts crying, politely take the fucker out of the venue.  "But I don't want to miss it!"  Well, neither does the rest of the audience, so find a fucking sitter next time.

7 hours ago, Celery Man said:

Microsoft picking "Azure" as the name of their fucking cloud.  So I have to sit in meetings and listen to absolutely nobody knowing or at least agreeing how to pronounce the word "azure".  It's like "measure", but starting with an a.

The Curse of the Azure Product Name. 

5 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

watermelons are for the poors

Not at $6 a pop they ain't...

That brings me to something else that blows my mind in the grocery store:  ears of corn are 5 or 6 for $1.  On the same display they will have 4 shucked ears of corn on a styro tray and cellophane for $3.99.  Who buys that shit at such a huge markup?  It takes less than a minute to shuck an ear of corn.  Your kids might even LIKE doing it... That price on the trays always makes me SMDH.

Edited by slorch

Here's a twofer...

Went with the wife to the fucking Apple Store on Saturday. Wait, this is a threefer.  The Apple Store makes me surly.

We parked in the parking garage.  On the way out, as soon as I step outside of the door, I step in freshly chewed/spit out gum.  Not just normal gum.  Like Bubble Yum or something like that.  So, people that spit their gum out on the ground anywhere, let alone in a doorway.

When pulling out of our parking spot, I had two people jockeying for position to get my spot.  Neither wanted to give an inch and wouldn't back up so that I could leave. 

People are stupid.  So, maybe a fourfer.  Stupid people make me surly.

1 hour ago, You don't know me said:

Here's a twofer...

Went with the wife to the fucking Apple Store on Saturday. Wait, this is a threefer.  The Apple Store makes me surly.

We parked in the parking garage.  On the way out, as soon as I step outside of the door, I step in freshly chewed/spit out gum.  Not just normal gum.  Like Bubble Yum or something like that.  So, people that spit their gum out on the ground anywhere, let alone in a doorway.

When pulling out of our parking spot, I had two people jockeying for position to get my spot.  Neither wanted to give an inch and wouldn't back up so that I could leave. 

People are stupid.  So, maybe a fourfer.  Stupid people make me surly.

You have two-way traffic in your parking garage?

5 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
9 minutes ago, Sandman said:
When someone puts the leftover pizza in the fridge while it's still in the box. It gets dried out and rock hard almost immediately. Bag that shit up, dammit.

Never done this... just had cold pizza from box for lunch. Is there a major difference to what i'm doing wrong here?

It's subjective, of course, but I hate dried out pizza. If I wanted flavored jerky, I'd go to 7-11.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I can't believe how many of you weirdos ruin perfectly good melon by putting salt on it. I grew up on Llano homegrown Black Diamond melons of perfect sweetness, and only once did I ever try it with salt. That shit is nasty.

Are you not familiar with the concept of combining savory with sweet? It's simple food math.

9 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I can't believe how many of you weirdos ruin perfectly good melon by putting salt on it. I grew up on Llano homegrown Black Diamond melons of perfect sweetness, and only once did I ever try it with salt. That shit is nasty.

Actually, growing up I was taught to put salt on fruit (watermelon, pineapple, others that slip my mind at the moment) supposedly only when said fruit is of lower quality, usually not sweet enough.