Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

Guest Lobo

Yeah, I do see/hear that happening with folks from Central America.  Typically Mexico folks have the ear for the difference as do most South Americans (save for the crazy Patagonia folks). 

11 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

When someone hears my wife and I talking or one of us talking to our kids in Portuguese and they say “oh you speak Spanish?”

Or when it comes up that my wife is from Brazil and the other person says “oh, so she speaks Spanish?”

Maybe she speaks Messican?

When someone derails the griddle thread to go on a rant about how "chicken fajitas" is a nonsensical term similar to saying something like "chicken brisket."

Fuck you, although "fajita" refers to a specific cut of beef prepared a specific way, adding the modifier "chicken" to it makes the intent very clear: preparing chicken in the same manner that fajitas would normally be prepared. It's not destroying anyone's culture.

• Like 1

Guest Lobo

You are right about people filming them.  They'll never watch them.  Same people that think the Star Spangled Banner is a wonderful song.  It's not, it reminds you of days at the ballpark as a child, or watching your veteran father swell with pride and salute the flag, it's a memory trigger that brings along smiles and pride.  But the song itself blows.  I can prove it---not one person on this board has that song on their phones.  If it's such a great song, why don't you listen to it more often?  

I do love fireworks though.  But not doing them myself.  Complete waste of money, but this morning the munchkin helped me hang our American flag outside the house properly.  Then I showed her my father's folded flag from the U.S. Navy.  Then we went to a small town parade and she waved little handheld flags.  And later, we're gonna watch professional fireworks show.    

Trivial thing that makes me surly.  Our country is not called "America." God Blesses America, and I thank him for it.  But it ain't on any fucking map I've ever seen.  And I used to make maps.  

On 6/30/2018 at 9:10 PM, tx ind said:

Hate when I’m walking through H-E-B or Home Depot and someone is trying to sell me some new windows or get me to change electric companies or some other shit. Fuck y’all, I want to be able to grab my beer or fertilizer or whatever without being bothered by your solicitation.

In store solicitation is bullshit. I've experienced this at Lowe's, Home Depot and Best Buy. If someone comes up to you and asks if you are a homeowner, just say no. 

You are right about people filming them.  They'll never watch them.  Same people that think the Star Spangled Banner is a wonderful song.  It's not, it reminds you of days at the ballpark as a child, or watching your veteran father swell with pride and salute the flag, it's a memory trigger that brings along smiles and pride.  But the song itself blows.  I can prove it---not one person on this board has that song on their phones.  If it's such a great song, why don't you listen to it more often?  
I do love fireworks though.  But not doing them myself.  Complete waste of money, but this morning the munchkin helped me hang our American flag outside the house properly.  Then I showed her my father's folded flag from the U.S. Navy.  Then we went to a small town parade and she waved little handheld flags.  And later, we're gonna watch professional fireworks show.    
Trivial thing that makes me surly.  Our country is not called "America." God Blesses America, and I thank him for it.  But it ain't on any fucking map I've ever seen.  And I used to make maps.  

I have the Jimi version on my phone.
  • Like 1

Guest Lobo
Just now, shakahorn said:

I have the Jimi version on my phone.

Well, that's just good taste in guitar right there.  That's all that is...

Guest Lobo
3 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

cee7d9fc6dd0ae25de51e60255d61da5.jpg

even back then, evil Germans overestimated Brazil and how much fun it'd be to move there if they ever got into trouble back in Europe...

9 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

shredded lettuce served with/under guacamole 

What if it's on the side with a burrito? I could see that. I'd rather have guacamole than pico de gallo.

This reminds me. There are plenty of foods that are appropriately served on a bed of lettuce. A crispy, lightly breaded pan-fried fish filet is not one of them. 

9 hours ago, Lobo said:

You sound like an ordeal to deal with on a regular basis. 

Guest Lobo

Sorry for posting trivial shit on a trivial thread.  Maybe I shouldn't run for office after all.  

Edited by Lobo

On 7/3/2018 at 5:23 PM, Patricio Swayze said:

When someone hears my wife and I talking or one of us talking to our kids in Portuguese and they say “oh you speak Spanish?”

Or when it comes up that my wife is from Brazil and the other person says “oh, so she speaks Spanish?”

Shut up and make me cheese bread.

11 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

What if it's on the side with a burrito? I could see that. I'd rather have guacamole than pico de gallo.

no.  really the only appropriate application I can see for shredded lettuce is a crispy taco.  other than that, just keep the lettuce in one fucking piece (like on a sandwich or salad) or leave it off altogether

• Like 1

Shut up and make me cheese bread.

Shit, drive your ass down to Fiesta and get a box of Yoki brand pão de queijo and do it yourself. Or change your name.

Wait, man says he wife is Brazilian and cheese bread is what pops into your head?
Know how I know you're gay? nttiawwt

You know I am not going to post pics of my wife. But I post plenty of other pics of crazy chicks before the migration.

On 7/4/2018 at 1:40 PM, immortal13 said:

In store solicitation is bullshit. I've experienced this at Lowe's, Home Depot and Best Buy. If someone comes up to you and asks if you are a homeowner, just say no. 

And when you are at Costco or Sam's and are asked who your cable provider is, always say "DirectTV".