Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

1 hour ago, slorch said:

I am very big on taking my time and giving pedestrians a wide berth when they are crossing.  

But fuck if I don’t want to mash on the gas when they lollygag around or text while walking or whatever the hell they are doing besides walking.  I respected your safety, now move your ass!

Or when they're walking down the center of the parking lot aisle.. Pick a fucking side and I can drive around you

3 minutes ago, You don't know me said:

Coming up to a traffic circle (round about for you non-Mericans) this morning and this lady, who was in the circle, stops in the circle because...  I don't know.  Keep going, genius.  You're fucking it up for everyone because you're a moran.

Simple explanation:

Woman.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mack Tripper said:

At the Taco Cabana drive thru last night, and the soccer mom in front of me proceeds to order $42 worth of Taco Cabana. Of course, by the time I got my order and left the line was wrapped around the building. Anything more than $20, take that shit inside. 

Further, if you're the lunch mule CALL THAT SHIT IN!! 

When concierges/front desk folks/valets with a straight face tell grown adults visiting Austin, are asked to make recommendations for things to do at night after business/conference...and they still say with a straight face, "Well, Sixth Street is the hub of our nightlife scene."  I probably overhear this a few times a month and I can't believe they're sending 50 year old people from the Midwest to Sixth Street on a Thursday night.  Why?  Are the hotel employees getting a kickback of two free Fireball shots at the Thirsty Nickel or something?  How is this still a thing?  

On 6/26/2018 at 2:59 PM, Sandman said:

Why does every local news station have a piece of shit website? All 3 of my local affiliate's websites fucking suck. It's like they're having a contest to see which one can be the worst. 

These news bloopers make me un-surly:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lobo said:

When concierges/front desk folks/valets with a straight face tell grown adults visiting Austin, are asked to make recommendations for things to do at night after business/conference...and they still say with a straight face, "Well, Sixth Street is the hub of our nightlife scene."  I probably overhear this a few times a month and I can't believe they're sending 50 year old people from the Midwest to Sixth Street on a Thursday night.  Why?  Are the hotel employees getting a kickback of two free Fireball shots at the Thirsty Nickel or something?  How is this still a thing?  

No shit.  I've only ever met about 2 concierges in all of my travels that I didn't strongly question what the hell they were doing being a concierge because their recommendations sucked and I figure they had to be getting some kind of kick back for sending people to shitty places.  When I travel to a new city, I generally do at least enough research to know generally what's good and what sucks.  And sure as shit, almost without fail, we'll ask a concierge for a recommendation and they send us to the area or place we know for a fact is the suck.  I've lost faith in pretty much all concierges and quit using them almost exclusively.

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:
2 hours ago, Celery Man said:
Not everyone's dick has been where your dick has been.

You're missing out...

Hef had the Mansion.  Yours is an ark. Nttaiwt. 

At the Taco Cabana drive thru last night, and the soccer mom in front of me proceeds to order $42 worth of Taco Cabana. Of course, by the time I got my order and left the line was wrapped around the building. Anything more than $20, take that shit inside. 

I didn’t know Taco Cabana still existed. And to be fair that’s the restaurants fault too. Most places will say to pull up next to the building and they’ll deliver to the car.

Speaking of Taco Cabanas, and this is off-topic admittedly...what's going in where the Taco Cabana used to be on MLK and San Antonio in West Campus?  

two folks with PhDs (not MD's) referring to each other as Doctor..."Well Doctor Pontificator I see you have new burrito from Senior Upscale taco joint.  How is the texture?"  You are right Doctor Flock of Seagulls, this is one tasty burrito that has just the right amount of al dente texture in the shell".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Litig8r said:

two folks with PhDs (not MD's) referring to each other as Doctor..."Well Doctor Pontificator I see you have new burrito from Senior Upscale taco joint.  How is the texture?"  You are right Doctor Flock of Seagulls, this is one tasty burrito that has just the right amount of al dente texture in the shell".

Every idiot who has an MBA puts those letters next to their name on every correspondence.

I give ZERO fucks that you paid 10 grand to Strayer University to get your MBA online. 

• Like 1

Y'all know that I own a music company. I handle sales, business partner handles finance. Another guy does operations. Probably because my name and number are the most prominent , I get 4-5 calls a week for people wanting to sell stuff (vendors, roofers, electric, cable, banks...  crap like that). I'll forward them on to the proper person, but at least once a week I get this

"Oh, you know what, that's not me, you need to talk to Mr. XXXX - he's out right now, just call him back in about 45 minutes"

salesperson "Okay, can I leave my name and number?"

In my head I'm just thinking - are you fucking serious? You're trying to sell something, I tell you who to talk to, and you're too lazy to call back? Yeah, I'll take your name and number then I'll throw it in the trash. 

Edited by Jameslaw121
  • Like 2

People throwing away things other than paper towels in the bin for the paper towels that is combined with the paper towel dispenser.  
2014052110462152720.jpg
Ah, here is where I will dispose of my cardboard box.
This is a great one. We have charter buses with bathrooms that have the small bin made for moist towelettes and tp wrappers...not McDonalds bags and your large cup that take up 80% of the space. Fuckheads

4 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Every idiot who has an MBA puts those letters next to their name on every correspondence.

I give ZERO fucks that you paid 10 grand to Strayer University to get your MBA online. 

Hospital employees are the worst.  The will put about ten different abbreviations on their email signature.  RN, CRNA, CPR Certified, etc.

Speaking of bathrooms, I don't understand people that keep their toothbrush out on the counter (or in a cup on the counter) right by their toilet.  

Physics, how do they work?