Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

On 6/12/2018 at 10:39 AM, HouTex said:

The Bellaire and Pearland teams are/were competitive and have gone to the LLWS. I recall Bellaire won it one year.

Post Oak LL is important for many of the dads from a social perspective. Friendships have been lost over the all-star selection process.

POLL is pretty laid back and a lot of fun.  It's a small community feel where you know everyone -- which makes sense because geographically the boundaries are pretty small.  There are a lot of people who have cocktails in the stands.  Friends will come and watch a game even if their kids aren't playing.  I have never seen anyone make an ass out of themselves by yelling at the umps or acting up.

Caveat -- we are in Pee Wee.  Not sure if things change in minors or majors.  Seems like a lot of social pressure to behave and stay laid back.

We did WULL for a couple years before Pee Wee.  It was pretty laid back.

It is a lot of work for the coaches.  3-4 practices/games a week during the season.

4 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

POLL is pretty laid back and a lot of fun.  It's a small community feel where you know everyone -- which makes sense because geographically the boundaries are pretty small.  There are a lot of people who have cocktails in the stands.  Friends will come and watch a game even if their kids aren't playing.  I have never seen anyone make an ass out of themselves by yelling at the umps or acting up.

Caveat -- we are in Pee Wee.  Not sure if things change in minors or majors.  Seems like a lot of social pressure to behave and stay laid back.

It is a lot of work for the coaches.  3-4 practices/games a week during the season.

Morgan Freeman I don't give a shit.gif

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Yes, I agree with you about POLL for the most part.  Most of my friends with boys were involved in it as was my nephew.  My comment was focused on the social aspect of it.  I went to many games there to see my Godsons and nephew play and I never saw a dad get out of line.  Like a lot of kid activities, and while the kids usually love it, it's often used by the dads to keep/make social (and maybe some business) contacts to help climb the social ladder, get in the desired club, etc.  As a result, the team selection process was high drama for a lot of guys.

World Cup is fun, but I also like the olympics and any other harmless/fun shit like that.

I’m mildly confused/have an unsettling feeling like a whole bunch of people are making stupid decisions together as it relates to the Austin bid for an MLS team. Even among soccer fans, does anyone give a shit about mls?

The only benefit it seems of being an international soccer fan is morning drinking at soccer theme pubs. I’ve thought about checking the scene out sometime just to drink early. I like going to local minor league soccer games. Fun family atmosphere with good beer and stadium food. I’ll get into the World Cup if USA is playing. I didn’t realize til this week we didn’t even make the field. How sad is that?

5 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Trying to eat my goddamn cheesesteak and the restaurant had contemporary Christian music on. I don’t need to hear this horseshit, unless Jesus himself got himself down off the cross and made the cheesesteak himself.

yeah, I can't stand most places that have overt Religious or Political stuff going on. Even when it's stuff I agree with

yeah, I can't stand most places that have overt Religious or Political stuff going on. Even when it's stuff I agree with

When I first moved back to Okla. I went to a local popular burger joint and saw they still had “freedom fries” on their menu. Still never been back. Too many good burgers to support that stupid shit. Maybe they did it to be funny and not political but even in that context it’s stupid as shit.

Fuckwads who do their monthly banking at the drive through ATM.   If it takes more than 3 minutes, drag your ass inside.  I don’t want to wait behind you while you operate a small business account.   I just want to get some cash.  
I've honestly never went to the drive thru at a bank in my life. I always go inside.

5 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
43 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:
Fuckwads who do their monthly banking at the drive through ATM.   If it takes more than 3 minutes, drag your ass inside.  I don’t want to wait behind you while you operate a small business account.   I just want to get some cash.  

I've honestly never went to the drive thru at a bank in my life. I always go inside.

Well I’m a cheap bastard, and I drive by my credit union every day on my way home from work so when I need some more cash I whip in there to the ATM lane because they don’t charge fees.   Yesterday some fat chick in a car with paper plates took forever.  She was depositing stuff, etc.  Use the goddamned mobile app for that.   I just wanted a couple hundred bucks.  Takes one minute. 

Trying to eat my goddamn cheesesteak and the restaurant had contemporary Christian music on. I don’t need to hear this horseshit, unless Jesus himself got himself down off the cross and made the cheesesteak himself.
You're in Veritas. Jake's Philly Steaks is next door.

1 minute ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Well I’m a cheap bastard, and I drive by my credit union every day on my way home from work so when I need some more cash I whip in there to the ATM lane because they don’t charge fees.   Yesterday some fat chick in a car with paper plates took forever.  She was depositing stuff, etc.  Use the goddamned mobile app for that.   I just wanted a couple hundred bucks.  Takes one minute. 

Oh I have went to the drive thru ATM many times. I was talking more of the drive thru tellers. 

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

Oh I have went to the drive thru ATM many times. I was talking more of the drive thru tellers. 

Oh, yeah.  I don’t harass the ones at my bank, but if I have to go to Bank of America for my dad, it is common practice to fart in the vacuum tube before I send it in.   The look on their face through that bulletproof window when they open it is priceless. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Back in the 80s before the internet and constant surveillance cams, my roommate had a friend who was a teller at a bank here in Austin. We went in the drive through and shotgunned a huge amount of doobie smoke in the container along with a check and deposit slip.  That was one of the all time funniest things I have ever seen, when John opened the tube, that smoke wafted out and he was frantically waving his arms trying to get it away.  And nothing happened. Except a “Fuck You Assholes” on the deposit slip.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

You should have rear ended her and then got out and gave her Vics' contact info.

On 6/14/2018 at 11:10 AM, Patricio Swayze said:

What place was it?

18 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Cyclists who think the laws of the road don't apply to them. I go to White Rock Lake in Dallas often and they blow through every stop sign.

You should check to see if the laws of physics apply... 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Yesterday some fat chick in a car with paper plates took forever.  She was depositing stuff, etc.  

I’m usually behind the car with 3-4 people in it who swipe 5-6 cards before one works.

Also, since our city owned utilities can even fuck up an online payment, the easiest way to pay that bill is usually through their drive thru. Where you can get behind carloads of kids so the teller can talk to each and every one of them while mama digs in her purse 

8 minutes ago, mr. sunshine said:

I’m usually behind the car with 3-4 people in it who swipe 5-6 cards before one works.

Also, since our city owned utilities can even fuck up an online payment, the easiest way to pay that bill is usually through their drive thru. Where you can get behind carloads of kids so the teller can talk to each and every one of them while mama digs in her purse 

Thank god for mobile deposit apps.  My dad is 84 and gets random $3.87 cent checks back from whatever insurance company now and then.  Used to I was like “fuck that, dad, I’m not spending my time driving to BOA and depositing that stuff!”  Now I just take a picture of it,   Just a tip, don’t try to deposit things with dick pics.  They frown upon that.  

23 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

The problem lies with the bank side. They don’t charge me monthly fees on my business account if I use the atm for my cash and or check deposits. They want people to use the atm for that sort of thing. That being said I use the mobile app for check deposits but I haven’t figured out how to use the mobile app for cash deposits yet.