Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

I teach MS/HS, and there are plenty of grown ass men who take "dress down" day, or "jeans day" way too far.  Shirts untucked, looking sloppy, etc.  If I wear jeans and I'm sporting some team/spirit-wear, I don't care how dorky I look, I'm tucking my t-shirt in.  

They make button up and polo team wear. I have plenty for exactly this situation. “Jeans day” does not mean t-shirts. Period.

4 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Periodically we'll see emails from HR, reminding everyone about some aspect of the dress code. Those emails aren't being sent out because of any men that work in the building. It's because some bitch gwht ot pissed at some other bitch.

One of those went out today from a manager in the only dept that gives a shit about such things... was wondering what might've been the root cause until I was leaving for the day and by far the hottest chick in the building walks by in the tightest little short skirt. She just happens to be in that dept. The manager who sent that out just happens to be an ugly middle aged crotchety cunt. 

6 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

One of those went out today from a manager in the only dept that gives a shit about such things... was wondering what might've been the root cause until I was leaving for the day and by far the hottest chick in the building walks by in the tightest little short skirt. She just happens to be in that dept. The manager who sent that out just happens to be an ugly middle aged crotchety cunt. 

At my work it's cyclical and like an arms race. Some chick will wear  some heels and then more will start to wear taller and spike-ier heels. Then the skirt lengths will start to go up. Next the cleavage starts to pop out. It's a slow burn. It's also seasonal. Fall/winter it generally starts with the boots and leggings competition. Spring/summer it starts with sandals/sleeveless tops. Always ends the same way, some prude gets offended. 

The most impressive abuses of office dress code I have ever seen were in my company's Moscow office (not a troll farm, promise).  Holy shit, it looked like these ho's came straight from the street corner half the time and it was magnificent.

Still, even the Rooskies have limits.  The receptionist got sent home one day to change when she came in wearing some 6 inch stilettos and a mini-skirt with slits on both sides and so short that it barely covered the essentials.  Before she got sent home I told one of my co-workers that I would be doing good if I didn't get fired or arrested that day.

Not to further derail the thread with dress code talk, but several years ago I was on a project with Chevron and HHI. Several Koreans worked out of our office. One had a fantastic work casual outfit. Black graphic print Metallica shirt, tucked into jeans with a blazer. I bet that dude could easily play video games for 20 hours straight.

On 3/25/2018 at 7:31 PM, PilotsError said:

Background music on YouTube videos when people are talking.  Enough with this shit, we can't fucking hear you.  Did you listen to the video before you uploaded?  That seemed OK to you?

Sports highlights videos on YouTube where the creator overlays some stupid ass music track instead of the in-game commentary / crowd noise.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Periodically we'll see emails from HR, reminding everyone about some aspect of the dress code. Those emails aren't being sent out because of any men that work in the building. It's because some bitch got pissed at some other bitch.

This makes me surly. Managers who don't address specific problems with specific employees but rather send out a group email addressing the issue. 

WE ALL KNOW JANET IS THE PROBLEM, STAN. JUST TALK TO JANET!

At my work it's cyclical and like an arms race. Some chick will wear  some heels and then more will start to wear taller and spike-ier heels. Then the skirt lengths will start to go up. Next the cleavage starts to pop out. It's a slow burn. It's also seasonal. Fall/winter it generally starts with the boots and leggings competition. Spring/summer it starts with sandals/sleeveless tops. Always ends the same way, some prude gets offended. 

You guys hiring?

The most impressive abuses of office dress code I have ever seen were in my company's Moscow office (not a troll farm, promise).  Holy shit, it looked like these ho's came straight from the street corner half the time and it was magnificent.
Still, even the Rooskies have limits.  The receptionist got sent home one day to change when she came in wearing some 6 inch stilettos and a mini-skirt with slits on both sides and so short that it barely covered the essentials.  Before she got sent home I told one of my co-workers that I would be doing good if I didn't get fired or arrested that day.
Did they put out?

6 minutes ago, Parliament said:
3 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Did they put out?

Damn right they did.

Ahole next to me eating at bar going Neil Peart on bar countertop as he peruses the menu and repeatedly slams his drink can down.   Nervous little pestilence.  

Of course, I asked him to refrain and he gave me the “just arrived to planet Earth” look.   Friggin’ dummy. 

People that put the lower score first when asked about the score to a game.
Example.
Hey what's the score to the Red Sox/Yankees game?
Red Sox are down 1-6.

That’s trivial. Bravo.

I cannot stand any live feed to a sporting event that doesn’t include a score/essential info every second of the feed. I hate walking by the screen and waiting minutes to know time/inning/score.

One of the flip sides of working in a "fun" city - every time there's some gaggle of executive jabronis meeting in town, it's very "we're in Austin!" and sacks of cold breakfast tacos arrive in the breakroom at 10:30, nanner pudding and maybe some sides at 2.  I haven't quite identified why this is mildly irksome.

4 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

One of the flip sides of working in a "fun" city - every time there's some gaggle of executive jabronis meeting in town, it's very "we're in Austin!" and sacks of cold breakfast tacos arrive in the breakroom at 10:30, nanner pudding and maybe some sides at 2.  I haven't quite identified why this is mildly irksome.

Yeah. Free food is bad. 

wait...wut?

• Like 1

On 5/26/2018 at 8:50 PM, dingleberryswitzer said:

Anyone else ever walk into a public bathroom, see a dude with long hair, facing away from you, and you have to double check to make sure you didn't accidentally walk into the ladies room.  Damn hippies.

Ha ha, had that happen on account of me.  Nope, no haircut coming any time soon either.

37 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

When people wear beanies/woolies purely as a fashion accessory and the temperature is above 60 degrees. Go fuck yourself.

My 14yo son:  In the winter, if it's above 30, he's wearing shorts.

My 14yo son:  It was 90 degrees out the other day and we were going to our town's Memorial Day parade.  He tried to leave the house with a hoodie. 

6 hours ago, Okie State said:

The fact that my neighbor seems perfectly content to let a family of birds live in his range exhaust vent. This has little impact on me other than the constant noise of chirping birds, but it just bothers me for some reason.

How often does anyone use a range exhaust fan? Mine probably gets turned on 3-4 times a year. And definitely not during bird nesting season.

Edited by El Diablo

How often does anyone use a range exhaust fan? Mine probably gets turned on 3-4 times a year. And definitely not during bird nesting season.

Quite a bit if we're cooking and it's hot as hell outside. So basically 8 months a year in Houston.

Regardless, theirs is likely filled up with bird shit inside directly above where food is prepared. Obviously it doesn't bother them though so oh well.