Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

14 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

You can’t just casually stroll into a Texas based forum and complain about free breakfast tacos, cold or not. Just not how things work.

could you complain about people in austin thinking they invented breakfast tacos?

what is the alt history?  breakfast taquitos from corpus or something?

either way, that complaint was a grumpy mid first cup of coffee gripe.  I think the actual annoyance is with people from basically unrelated areas of the business using our office as a home base to hold meetings somewhere interesting.  And then the inevitable travel expense squeeze at the end of the year.  The cold breakfast tacos are just the "thanks for letting us spend the travel budget to have what could be a webex meeting in your hipster disneyland".

On 5/30/2018 at 6:24 AM, El Diablo said:

At my work it's cyclical and like an arms race. Some chick will wear  some heels and then more will start to wear taller and spike-ier heels. Then the skirt lengths will start to go up. Next the cleavage starts to pop out. It's a slow burn. It's also seasonal. Fall/winter it generally starts with the boots and leggings competition. Spring/summer it starts with sandals/sleeveless tops. Always ends the same way, some prude gets offended. 

The secretaries pout and preen like cheap tarts on a red light street, but all he thinks to do is watch.

• Like 1

Auto parts stores these days.  You can't walk in and ask where something is without the clerk immediately asking for the make and model.  Fucknuckle, I'll tell you if I need your help more, otherwise just tell me what aisle the shit's on and I'll see if you have it. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
40 minutes ago, ERhine said:
Calling banana pudding “nanner puddin”.

Sounds like lingo from uneducated white southern trash.

I thought maybe he was talking about getting a visit from his kindly, doting, and possibly a little overweight grandmother. 

2 hours ago, Ldogg53 said:

Auto parts stores these days.  You can't walk in and ask where something is without the clerk immediately asking for the make and model.  Fucknuckle, I'll tell you if I need your help more, otherwise just tell me what aisle the shit's on and I'll see if you have it. 

5cEH.gif

• Like 2

employees who are glued to their phones constantly at the office or in the market but cannot return a call/ text on their day off for 8 hours or the next day.

I'm talking one word answers or the ones who say,  "  hey, if you ever need anything for a customer, don't hesitate to call me any time..."

Yeah, well all I need is a thumbs up or some shit confirming you did what the customer needed, because they are calling me, NOT YOU.

Yeah...answer your phones, motherfuckers.  Gotdam adult babysitting sucks.

I don't mind at all that things are printed in Spanish and English.  You should have at least a light handle on Spanish if you're a Texan.  I mean, anywhere in America, but especially Texas.

However, the thing where HEB prints Spanish on one side and English on the other, but also switches from standard to metric, plus there are still English words on the Spanish side, plus when I'm trying to find the right size on the shelf some are facing one way and some the other - it short circuits my brain.

5386_B300_93_E7_4845_8_DEF_FC6_FA9_B8497

It makes me surly when it’s a windy day, I’m  loading groceries in the back of the Yukon, and a couple of teenage girls (18+) are walking by just when I reach up to close the cargo door and a gust of wind lifts my shirt up under my armpits. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

On 5/31/2018 at 3:34 PM, Okie State said:

Quite a bit if we're cooking and it's hot as hell outside. So basically 8 months a year in Houston.

Regardless, theirs is likely filled up with bird shit inside directly above where food is prepared. Obviously it doesn't bother them though so oh well.

There are a lot of people who have range fans that vent directly in to the cabinets above their stove because they weren't installed properly.  Sucks for them.