Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

Guest Lobo
32 minutes ago, TornACL said:

People who give their cars a human name, and then refer to them only by their name. 

Cars are not fucking people, it's not fucking cute, and it's really fucking awkward when you start a sentence with "So I was in Sally last night...." 

You're really not going to like how they name open water vessels then...

20 hours ago, skipperj said:

That’s why I love my braided leather belt. I get them bigger than I need so I can loop the excess belt and have it hang down.

I had one of those braided belts, and I really liked it. It looked nice and had lots of closely spaced holes, great for losing weight. But the skinny leather bits were shredded up in about 6 months and it became unusable.

6 hours ago, TornACL said:

People who give their cars a human name, and then refer to them only by their name. 

Cars are not fucking people, it's not fucking cute, and it's really fucking awkward when you start a sentence with "So I was in Sally last night...." 

What's your mom's name? Because I was in her last night. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Underdog said:

When a quick and easy assembly doesn't go as planned because you didn't pay attention to the instructions closely. 

When it doesn't go well because a teeny tiny part is missing and it'll probably be a week before the company will ship you a new one. The surly sets in.

11 hours ago, Lobo said:

One trend  I wouldn't mind seeing come back is the uber-tight black pants trend that 20/30-something  women embraced from about '96-'02.  They weren't yoga pants, more like dress-pant style that they could almost wear to work.  Not sure the material, but it was somewhere between clubwear and pencil-skirt-into-pants kinda thing.  Really sexy if you're an ass man.  And they actually looked somewhat more respectable out at a restaurant or bar...much moreso than high-waisted jeans look.

I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. I graduated HS in 2000 and I remember the classy girls with the nice asses used to wear those a lot.. we had a name for them. Something stupid like "cool pants" or something or other. But we recognized the awesomeness of those things. They went away as quickly as they were introduced. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. I graduated HS in 2000 and I remember the classy girls with the nice asses used to wear those a lot.. we had a name for them. Something stupid like "cool pants" or something or other. But we recognized the awesomeness of those things. They went away as quickly as they were introduced. 

Graduated in 99, and I used to love mid-90's jeans that chicks needed help getting button and zipper up.  Saw lots of camel-toe walking through the hallways as a mid-teen boy.  

Graduated in 99, and I used to love mid-90's jeans that chicks needed help getting button and zipper up.  Saw lots of camel-toe walking through the hallways as a mid-teen boy.  

Rocky Mountains? Girls carried pliers in their purses to get the zippers back up.

SIAP

When it’s 90+ degrees, news anchors who feel the need to REPEATEDLY remind viewers to stay hydrated, wear light fitting clothes + hat, and to seek shade when you’re outside. They say this no less that 5 times during an hour show.

I assume that an average news viewer is 20 or older, and if they’re  too feeble minded to know the simple ways to keep cool on hot days, we’ll then......

Along the same lines, news constantly reminding viewers to wear life jackets when in pools, or out on the lake, and wear seat belts in the car.

I guess it’s just too insulting to say, “look dumbasses, if you can’t swim, stay out of the water.”

Do average citizens really need these elementary level reminders?

Just let Darwinism work itself out

Edited by former alkie

2 hours ago, former alkie said:

SIAP

When it’s 90+ degrees, news anchors who feel the need to REPEATEDLY remind viewers to stay hydrated, wear light fitting clothes + hat, and to seek shade when you’re outside. They say this no less that 5 times during an hour show.

I assume that an average news viewer is 20 or older, and if they’re  too feeble minded to know the simple ways to keep cool on hot days, we’ll then......

Along the same lines, news constantly reminding viewers to wear life jackets when in pools, or out on the lake, and wear seat belts in the car.

I guess it’s just too insulting to say, “look dumbasses, if you can’t swim, stay out of the water.”

Do average citizens really need these elementary level reminders?

Just let Darwinism work itself out

You have not been paying attention to how stupid the typical American has become.

On 5/25/2018 at 2:41 PM, slorch said:

Had some badass grilled shrimp with some sort if stewed tomato/ salsa/ pico stuff on white rice at restaurant for work lunch.  Latina co-worker asked me if it was too spicy...implying gringo had tender Mouth.  I just started laughing. It'd have to be ahellova lot hotter than that to make me not eat it, after she had left half of hers on plate. White boys like hot food too, chica...

yeah but y'all cant handle it like us! 

waiting at a traffic light, and being so far back that by the time you start to move forward, the light has already turned red again. 

again at a light or intersection, but being the pedestrian. if you're driving and there are pedestrians around, use a blinker. especially in nyc when it is idiotic to wait the whole time to cross the street, being able to predict where cars will turn is not only invaluable but safer. hate people who are not self aware for the greater public's benefit.

36 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Might be broken ACs.. look at the cars, normally those are beaters.

That or they are fucking crazy.

Jackets, warn by dudes, in Texas, in August. WTF?

Work in a data center where they keep it cold in there.  Sometimes you gotta warm up after work.

58 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Women walking around the office barefoot. Put your fucking shoes on. 

How about women just being out of dress code at work in general.   There are several who were what amounts to a flip flop or running shoes.  We're business casual but we're not that casual.

19 minutes ago, OrangEngr said:

Office coffee pot etiquette, or lack thereof 

My coworker is a bit of a coffee snob, we have a mini kitchen in front of our offices where he keeps a grinder, whole beans of the week and a French press. We had another coworker who we did not know come down and steal beans while we were in meetings. He found out when he went to make coffee and all of his beans were gone but the bag was still there. Needless to say the beans no longer sit out. 

1 hour ago, Macanudo said:

How about women just being out of dress code at work in general.   There are several who were what amounts to a flip flop or running shoes.  We're business casual but we're not that casual.

Periodically we'll see emails from HR, reminding everyone about some aspect of the dress code. Those emails aren't being sent out because of any men that work in the building. It's because some bitch got pissed at some other bitch.

35 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Periodically we'll see emails from HR, reminding everyone about some aspect of the dress code. Those emails aren't being sent out because of any men that work in the building. It's because some bitch got pissed at some other bitch.

I teach MS/HS, and there are plenty of grown ass men who take "dress down" day, or "jeans day" way too far.  Shirts untucked, looking sloppy, etc.  If I wear jeans and I'm sporting some team/spirit-wear, I don't care how dorky I look, I'm tucking my t-shirt in.