Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

It makes me surly when it’s a windy day, I’m  loading groceries in the back of the Yukon, and a couple of teenage girls (18+) are walking by just when I reach up to close the cargo door and a gust of wind lifts my shirt up under my armpits. 

Dad bods are in. Should’ve hit that.

On 6/5/2018 at 3:09 PM, kevwun said:

There are a lot of people who have range fans that vent directly in to the cabinets above their stove because they weren't installed properly.  Sucks for them.

Yup - the one at my old house vented right back into my face. Awesome design guys. Thanks

On 6/2/2018 at 3:02 PM, Archer said:

Does not standing up to let people pass at a concert count as trivial?

I was at a hockey game a year ago and a couple with their 2 kids (probably around 12, not infants) Probably got up 15 times in one period. And I had to stand up each time to let me out. The dad looked beaten down, I just said, "Hey you wanna just switch seats?"

On 5/27/2018 at 3:31 PM, BurntOrangeCrush said:

When I finally wash my truck and the next morning I see that a squadron of birds have carpet bombed the hood and windshield. 

Or you get stuck behind a rock truck dripping muddy lime water.

• Like 2

Not sure whether this is lazy or something else. At work the small breakrooms have rolls of paper towels on a vertical bar mounted on a piece of wood. Multiple times I have found the roll on the bar empty but someone opened a new roll and just set it on the counter next to the empty one. Did they save 2 seconds by not throwing away the old one?

• Like 1

Not sure whether this is lazy or something else. At work the small breakrooms have rolls of paper towels on a vertical bar mounted on a piece of wood. Multiple times I have found the roll on the bar empty but someone opened a new roll and just set it on the counter next to the empty one. Did they save 2 seconds by not throwing away the old one?
I see this in people's houses more than I should. It looks trashy and lazy. I shared a bathroom with my sister growing up and she always did this shit. It takes 5 seconds to connect a new roll.

When you’re waiting on a single car to pass before you can turn out of a parking lot and watching them turn into the same exact place you’re leaving, without using a blinker. 

How can anyone justify not moving their finger an inch to show some goddamn courtesy? 

Not trivial, and revisited 1000 times.  Supermarket courtesy and etiquette.  Dare I say there is even such a thing.  Had a woman today mosey past me b/c I was apparently going to slow for her (I ALWAYS) hug the side of the aisle.  She goes up about 10 feet and proceeds to turn her fat fucking ass and cart perpendicular in the aisle so no-one could get through.  At least she bought the G2 Gatorade.  That will help... 

I don't mind at all that things are printed in Spanish and English.  You should have at least a light handle on Spanish if you're a Texan.  I mean, anywhere in America, but especially Texas.
However, the thing where HEB prints Spanish on one side and English on the other, but also switches from standard to metric, plus there are still English words on the Spanish side, plus when I'm trying to find the right size on the shelf some are facing one way and some the other - it short circuits my brain.
5386_B300_93_E7_4845_8_DEF_FC6_FA9_B84973.jpg

What is this EUA shit? The proper abbreviation is EEUU.

6 hours ago, ernest_t_bass said:

Not trivial, and revisited 1000 times.  Supermarket courtesy and etiquette.  Dare I say there is even such a thing.  Had a woman today mosey past me b/c I was apparently going to slow for her (I ALWAYS) hug the side of the aisle.  She goes up about 10 feet and proceeds to turn her fat fucking ass and cart perpendicular in the aisle so no-one could get through.  At least she bought the G2 Gatorade.  That will help... 

You should have told the manager you saw her shove a pack of Oreos in the front of her pants. He would have believed you, took her in the back to search her, and she would no longer be hogging the aisles

Drives me insane when people do this at my house. It’s so bad with me that I ask them to turn their car around.
Some cities will ticket you for this. And for good reason. No reason at all to park the wrong way like that on a street. Go up and turn around and park the right way in that spot.

15 hours ago, ernest_t_bass said:

Not trivial, and revisited 1000 times.  Supermarket courtesy and etiquette.  Dare I say there is even such a thing.  

A not too little girl broke into some kind of interpretive dance in a very crowded aisle at the grocery store the other day. So besides being mindful of other shoppers everyone also had to dodge this spaz and make sure she didn’t impale herself on your cart.

Her mom was too busy comparing bread prices to intervene 

7 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

People who park their jacked up F-250 that's never been off the pavement in the compact car spots

People who fucking OWN these vehicles.

Why?

Oh yeah...compensating.

On 6/8/2018 at 6:05 PM, AUinHsv said:

People in my office do this shit all the time.  We have one regular half bathroom that both genders use.  Here are some of the things that my co-workers do:

1. Use the last of the paper towels and not replace the roll. I constantly replace it, even if I use the second to last paper towel.

2. Same with shit paper.

3. Put a dirty coffee cup in the sink and just leave it there.  I guess that they think some dishwashing fairy is going to take care of it for them.

4. Piss on the toilet seat.  Yeah, grown men that can't bother with putting the seat up before pissing. 

5, Piss on the floor.

6. Get a cup of coffee and put sugar in it.  Their aim is bad, so there's sugar granules all over the coffee area.

Maybe I'm weird, but these things just piss me off.  We are a small office with 10 people in it.  It's not that hard to be considerate of others.

7 minutes ago, You don't know me said:

6. Get a cup of coffee and put sugar in it.  Their aim is bad, so there's sugar granules all over the coffee area.

My wife (and kids... pattern) do this.  My wife holds salt shaker a foot above her plate and sprinkles like crazy.  I'm the asshole, though, for not respecting her method.

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

Cashiers at the grocery store that comment on my items. Just scan and bag, please. 

4 giant cucumbers and a tub of crisco might warrant at least a giggle, no?

People in my office do this shit all the time.  We have one regular half bathroom that both genders use.  Here are some of the things that my co-workers do:
1. Use the last of the paper towels and not replace the roll. I constantly replace it, even if I use the second to last paper towel.
2. Same with shit paper.
3. Put a dirty coffee cup in the sink and just leave it there.  I guess that they think some dishwashing fairy is going to take care of it for them.
4. Piss on the toilet seat.  Yeah, grown men that can't bother with putting the seat up before pissing. 
5, Piss on the floor.
Maybe I'm weird, but these things just piss me off.  We are a small office with 10 people in it.  It's not that hard to be considerate of others.

Do they take the sugar packets from the coffee area into the bathroom to pour into the coffee or are the coffee accessories in the bathroom?

Had to pick up lunch for three kids on the quick so I stopped in James Coney Island - no drive through.  Only one group in front of me but they were the Klumps, but white.  Dad tree fiddy, wife a deuce and a half.  Had a couple of other adult tubs of goo and three kids (two of which were miraculously not tubs of goo).  So I got to listen to ten minutes of discussion and intense decision making concerning various sauces, add ons, how much cheese should be on that, etc.  That surled me.

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 6:41 AM, Hunchback said:
On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 6:38 AM, Cheeseweasel said:
Yeah. Free food is bad. 
wait...wut?

Agreed. Cold breakfast tacos still equals breakfast tacos. Not sure how this makes anybody surly.

Actually, I kinda get this.  It's not the free food that's surlish.  It's the execs acting like posers and trying to be the "cool parents being friends with their kids" that's bothersome.

Edited by Buffsoldier

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

Do they take the sugar packets from the coffee area into the bathroom to pour into the coffee or are the coffee accessories in the bathroom?

Yeah, I guess numbers 3 and 6 probably could have been separated out, but the point still stands - I work with a bunch of inconsiderate people.

2 hours ago, Hanrahan said:

Had to pick up lunch for three kids on the quick so I stopped in James Coney Island - no drive through.  Only one group in front of me but they were the Klumps, but white.  Dad tree fiddy, wife a deuce and a half.  Had a couple of other adult tubs of goo and three kids (two of which were miraculously not tubs of goo).  So I got to listen to ten minutes of discussion and intense decision making concerning various sauces, add ons, how much cheese should be on that, etc.  That surled me.

What are we supposed to infer from "but white?"

I see no problem with it, as long as people are mindful of others.  Just like driving.  If you want to walk slow, walk to the side.
That's the thing. They never walk to the side. They are right in the middle of the walking area and the can't pass them. They are oblivious to anything around them.

8 hours ago, Hanrahan said:

This is everyday on a cruise ship the leaves via New Orleans.