Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

After watching the US Open last weekend, I realize I get pissed off when douche bags scream "get in the hole" after every single drive....even if it's on a par 4 or 5. Seemed to be happening more often at this tournament. I chalk it up to dumb ass new yorkers. They should throw these dumb fucks out of the tournament. 

4 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

After watching the US Open last weekend, I realize I get pissed off when douche bags scream "get in the hole" after every single drive....even if it's on a par 4 or 5. Seemed to be happening more often at this tournament. I chalk it up to dumb ass new yorkers. They should throw these dumb fucks out of the tournament. 

Serious question, does this occur at the Masters as well? I haven't watched in the last 3-4 years, but it seems like Augusta National is the one place that wouldn't tolerate that asshattery.

I was 9 the first time visiting Florida and we were at Daytona beach on like the 12th floor of our hotel and I had a bag of cheetos or something similar

I got one seagulls attention by tossing him a cheeto which got his buddies attention immediately so he got one....within seconds I had probably 10-15 flying up to the balcony getting tossed a cheeto then flying off. I thought it was the coolest thing ever and that's all I wanted to do was to feed more gulls that trip. 

So if you were staying at  a hotel in DB back in 1995 and got shat on by a gull... my bad.

Edited by MNLonghornFUKM
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Buffsoldier said:

Serious question, does this occur at the Masters as well? I haven't watched in the last 3-4 years, but it seems like Augusta National is the one place that wouldn't tolerate that asshattery.

Exactly - the penalty of getting tossed and losing future tickets forever has a great effect on behavior.  I have posted this before but they could end the yelling crap by starting to enforce any existing laws on public intox.  Yep it's  low priority but a few hours in the drunk tank and having to explain in job interviews - might make people think twice.

On 6/22/2018 at 9:47 AM, PvilleStang said:

Last time the wife and I flew, the larger couple two or three rows back grabbed their shit when we landed and got on their starting blocks.  They pushed their way right past us when our turn to grab and go came up.  Every fucking person up to that point waited for those in front of them to get up and go, and it was moving quite nicely, until the Klumps turn, to which they said, fuck your social contract, we've got a Golden Corral to put out of business.

Good for them.  If someone behind has their shit and is ready to go, why are you jumping in the aisle to get in the way?  People that can't fly without carrying on so much shit that it takes 5 minutes to get it all down are the ones being inconsiderate.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

On 6/23/2018 at 11:02 AM, Knoxtnhorn said:

Fucking fatass sister-in-law has been tagging along with us this week at Disney.  Started to lecture me yesterday about how unhealthy cooking on a grill is (carcinogens).  This from the 300-pounder who has had dessert after every effing meal this week.  We had to drive to another hotel this morning so she could get Mickey shaped waffles with chocolate chips.  The spandex she has worn every day has been an added bonus.

Does her ass in the spandex look like a sack full of golf balls?

On 6/21/2018 at 3:51 PM, Lobo said:

I'm a time in my life where I can much more easily listen to a man talk about his kids as opposed to listening to a grown man talk about his fantasy football team or what he thinks of the Cowboys.  Because as annoying as his children are, they are real.  His online and video-game based delusions aren't real, nor does he play for the Cowboys despite his jersey.  

Related...but any man over the age of 12 wearing a jersey makes me embarrassed for him. 

• Fuck You 1

On 6/23/2018 at 11:02 AM, Knoxtnhorn said:

Fucking fatass sister-in-law has been tagging along with us this week at Disney.  Started to lecture me yesterday about how unhealthy cooking on a grill is (carcinogens).  This from the 300-pounder who has had dessert after every effing meal this week.  We had to drive to another hotel this morning so she could get Mickey shaped waffles with chocolate chips.  The spandex she has worn every day has been an added bonus.

I bet she's got some big ol' titties, don't she? - Vic

• Like 1

On 6/22/2018 at 8:48 AM, Lobo said:

We're obviously going to teeter on racial sensitivity here, but why is that a culture so entrenched in tradition and etiquette treats personal space in public places like a joke meant to be shit on?  And in particular, Chinese/SE Asian women?  It's not a stereotype when I get hip-checked 6 times a day whilst traveling.  And it's always them.

because that *is* the culture and tradition

6 minutes ago, elfenix said:
3 hours ago, BurntEyes said:
Pigeons and squirrels same fucking thing. 

When a squirrel steals your Littlefield Fountain roach coach eggroll

Man, I ate a lot  of those in college. Sometimes the “Stromboli”.

Edited by skipperj

On 5/18/2018 at 7:30 PM, Rimbo said:

No point. Records are obsolete technology. The problem vanishes with one more byte per sample per channel. But you will see people barf out endless nonsense decrying the possibility that anyone might be able to hear a difference.

The recent "laurel/yanny" thing that popped up onto the internet has made me happy, because suddenly, everything I've been talking about has come to the forefront. That said, I have exactly 0 hope that anything will come of this.

14% of album sales in 2017 were on vinyl. 

Steve Jobs saw/heard the light on digital audio compression and was working on better lossless digital format when he passed. Fuck cancer. 

3 hours ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

14% of album sales in 2017 were on vinyl. 

Steve Jobs saw/heard the light on digital audio compression and was working on better lossless digital format when he passed. Fuck cancer. 

Commercial statistics are meaningless in terms of mathematics and science. People aren't buying vinyl because they hear a difference, even though they can.

Compression doesn't matter if it's 1. lossy or 2. coming from a source that is lower quality than the ear needs.

On 6/8/2018 at 4:05 PM, Biff Tannen said:

When the trash men leave the top of my can open after they pick it up and assholes walking their dogs drop their poo bags in there.  I know it's trash, but god dammit, now I have dog shit in the bottom of my can for a week.

0be01c4c3dd577a67c61795e5cede1f3--my-nam

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sandman said:

Why does every local news station have a piece of shit website? All 3 of my local affiliate's websites fucking suck. It's like they're having a contest to see which one can be the worst. 

If the website is too useful, then you'll stop watching the local news. Or at least that's my assumption for how they justify this otherwise inexplicable phenomenon. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom

5 hours ago, elfenix said:

Apps that spawn a bunch of notifications. I'm uninstalling your shit.

Oh yes... or the “please click here if you’d like every possible notification known to man, ranging from smoke signal to an lectric shock in your spine when someone sends you a reply”

who the fuck lives that way?

What I like to do after shopping at a busy HEB with a busy HEB parking lot is to walk out the front and up to (but not into) the drive in front of the store and stop and look.  I might turn around, and then turn back around and take a single step and stop, and then walk a few steps in a different direction, and then stop again, and look into my purse for a few seconds.  And then lean as if I'm going to step into the street, but then change my mind at the last second.  Oh sorry are there other humans trying to go about their lives without running down someone in front of a grocery store?  Maybe I should look at my phone for a minute as I stand here and appear as if I may begin to walk.

11 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I know. And you can't turn notifications off. You can choose the setting to turn them off. But it doesn't turn them off. 

But when you aren't on surly then you don't get notifications.  I guess if you spend all your time here that's a problem, but to me it's NBD.

5 minutes ago, You don't know me said:

When you are in a parking lot and you stop your vehicle to let some pedestrian cross in front of you - and then instead of walking in a 90 degree angle across the lanes of traffic, they go across at a 45 degree angle.

I am very big on taking my time and giving pedestrians a wide berth when they are crossing.  

But fuck if I don’t want to mash on the gas when they lollygag around or text while walking or whatever the hell they are doing besides walking.  I respected your safety, now move your ass!

Edited by slorch

5 minutes ago, You don't know me said:

When you are in a parking lot and you stop your vehicle to let some pedestrian cross in front of you - and then instead of walking in a 90 degree angle across the lanes of traffic, they go across at a 45 degree angle.

Slowly too. This makes me ragey.