Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

4 minutes ago, Okie State said:
12 minutes ago, elfenix said:
or just Photos on android.  

Mine doesn't do this. Is there a setting that has to be activated?

it's called "rediscover this day" and it's automatic afaik.  

9 minutes ago, Okie State said:
26 minutes ago, skipperj said:
So, Timehop?

Is Timehop free backup cloud storage? That's what I used Prime Photos for.

The back up cloud storage is why I got it originally. The rediscover app was just an added bonus. I'm sure there are alot of apps that do that also. This is just the one I use

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

This goes for the drive thru as well.

If there is a woman directly in front of you be prepared to wait. It will take them ten minutes to figure out what they want and order it.

And then order it with all condiments "on the side."

the-muppet-show.thumb.gif.5e2ab6fe17afdb

7 hours ago, Llogg said:

Old people should not be driving. No one over 72 (to pick a random age).

But

you're going to be an old decrepit fucker someday, too, best case scenario. You're going to be slow AF doing everything. Have some empathy, dick.

Edited by GringoSalado

The guy in the F350 who decides to back into his parking space at Total Wine on a Saturday afternoon when the place is absolutely packed.  I’m generally ok with this move if it’s not peak hours, you are proficient at backing up, and can nail it on the first attempt.  But when you turn this questionable practice into a complete clusterfuck of inconsideration to your fellow citizens by taking 5 minutes to execute a 13-point turn and make the parking lot look like the opening scene from Armegeddon when the asteroids are coming down, you can go fuck yourself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Okie State said:
1 hour ago, skipperj said:
So, Timehop?

Is Timehop free backup cloud storage? That's what I used Prime Photos for.

No, but he wasn’t touting the free backup cloud storage. Timehope will pull FB, Twitter, and Insta, among others, and present a summary of that day for you in years past.

2 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

The guy in the F350 who decides to back into his parking space at Total Wine on a Saturday afternoon when the place is absolutely packed.  I’m generally ok with this move if it’s not peak hours, you are proficient at backing up, and can nail it on the first attempt.  But when you turn this questionable practice into a complete clusterfuck of inconsideration to your fellow citizens by taking 5 minutes to execute a 13-point turn and make the parking lot look like the opening scene from Armegeddon when the asteroids are coming down, you can go fuck yourself.

What city?

7 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

those jumbo ass rolls of paper towels that are so big they have to get stuffed into the holder and its impossible to pull a sheet off the roll in the holder without tearing it into a bunch of fucking pieces 

should've considered buying the "12 pack of 24 actual rolls" of paper towels, instead of the "24 pack of 36 actual rolls" of paper towels

8 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

People who usually drive F350s are douchebags to begin with so not surprised they'd pull a move like that.

Yeah fuck these mother fuckers. 90% of them cannot park or drive.

A lot of places have parking spaces for compacts so I suggest they create parking spaces for "oversized" vehicles and make them as far from the front door as possible.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Celery Man said:

Or Google photos.  I can type "Kevin" in the search bar and see every picture of my dog I've taken in the past 2 years.

You named your dog after that ass-clown?!

27 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

A lot of places have parking spaces for compacts so I suggest they create parking spaces for "oversized" vehicles and make them as far from the front door as possible.

Should we put them farther out or closer than the obese parking spots?

Edited by PvilleStang

3 minutes ago, PvilleStang said:

You named your dog after that ass-clown?!

Should we put them farther out or closer than the obese parking spots?

Put them all out there.

Also these people that have the disabled vet license plates I see park in the handicap spot that are clearly not disabled in any way at all.

My aunt would painfully walk through parking lots while her feet were covered in burns from the radiation treatment for the cancer that eventually killed her because people were mean to her when she parked in a handicapped spot and got out of the car with no visible disabilities.  If they have a placard, shut the fuck up.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Also these people that have the disabled vet license plates I see park in the handicap spot that are clearly not disabled in any way at all.

On a related note, ever sat for hours in line for the Port Bolivar to Galveston ferry in the 2-3 lines that don't move and notice that last "medical pass" line that always keeps moving?   

Wouldn't matter. The driver would cram the truck in and take up two spaces anyway.

53 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

“Compact car only” and “Fuel efficient and low emitting vehicles only” spots used to make me surly. But I now have enough scratches and door dings on my truck that I can comfortably wedge it right in there barely within the lines by with a smile and no worries. Fuck those parking spot designations. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 4

44 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

My aunt would painfully walk through parking lots while her feet were covered in burns from the radiation treatment for the cancer that eventually killed her because people were mean to her when she parked in a handicapped spot and got out of the car with no visible disabilities.  If they have a placard, shut the fuck up.

Those are the very people that were taking her spot.

48 minutes ago, Chuychanga said:

“Compact car only” and “Fuel efficient and low emitting vehicles only” spots used to make me surly. But I now have enough scratches and door dings on my truck that I can comfortably wedge it right in there barely within the lines by with a smile and no worries. Fuck those parking spot designations. 

They have the "Electric Vehicle" parking out at Walnut Creek / Havins fields in North Austin.  I think of all the times I've been out there since they were installed, I've seen 2, maybe 3 electric cars plugged in, while there are cars having to park in the grass since they are afraid of getting ticketed.  Now, how many time's I've seen non-electric vehicles park there, I definitely lost count.

39 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Those are the very people that were taking her spot.

How are you able to tell?

Also, not sure if it was unclear - she passed up empty handicapped spots because she didn't like it when people were mean to her.  She was a special ed elementary school teacher, very kind lady, absolutely hated people making her feel like she was bad.

Edited by Celery Man

1 hour ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Put them all out there.

Don't get me surly about handicap spaces. Fat does not equal handicapped. Your fatass should be parking FARTHER away from the store. YOU NEED TO WORK OFF THAT FAT.

42 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Don't get me surly about handicap spaces. Fat does not equal handicapped. Your fatass should be parking FARTHER away from the store. YOU NEED TO WORK OFF THAT FAT.

Same with the fatass that is using the electric cart at HEB blocking the whole aisle with the cart and their fat.

Edited by Moby Ric
Surly
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Jameslaw121 said:

Anyone use Amazon Prime Photos? There is an app that will show you what pictures you took on this day in the previous years. I don't take that many pictures, but it is pretty cool to look at pics of my kid from the last couple of years every morning

People that “Dad” too much

5 hours ago, Celery Man said:

Yup - have a friend of mine that took a road side bomb in Iraq. Has a whole lot of metal in his legs from it. Wouldn't be able to tell when he gets out of the car, but after about 100 feet of walking its pretty obvious. 

1 hour ago, Jameslaw121 said:

Yup - have a friend of mine that took a road side bomb in Iraq. Has a whole lot of metal in his legs from it. Wouldn't be able to tell when he gets out of the car, but after about 100 feet of walking its pretty obvious. 

Trust me....I understand this but the people I observed were in no way in any kind of discomfort. They were abusing the situation big time.

We need a thread for shit that makes you very surly and you want to whoop a muthafucka ass. But won't...

Someone's dog is pissing in my yard. Now I'm in the wrong, if I shoot the lil bastard. But, don't piss in my yard. I do not let my dog disrespect other yards. I expect the same. 59f74b294b4b51ffa141302d28b310b3.jpg25268bb3bea1a40820164b705e9142a1.jpg

14 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

OK.  Not afraid to walk. 

23 hours ago, Celery Man said:

This.

RA or other debilitating diseases/ conditions are not always evident.  I’m going to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Some of the HEBs have spots that are not exactly at the front door, but at the next nearest row for veterans.  It is almost always empty, and I’m cool with that.  

Personally, I walk a shit-ton, so I generally park very far out any way.  Leave the better spots for thise who need them.

I do think some of the fatties need to park out there and not in the handicap spots, but screw that because they have to swing those doors open extra wide...

speaking of grocery stores.

i guess everyone is now buying their groceries online.  my local store has about 10 parking places next to the door where you pull up and they load in the groceries you "ordered".  but the surly part is that every fucking isle has a dude with a cart loading up for the lazy fuckers.  traffic jams in the store caused by online grocery shopping...assholes.