Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

18 minutes ago, The Golden Hat said:

People who watch sports with the captions on.

I'll one up you.  People who come over to your house to watch a game and, through their own unique dumbfuckery, manage to turn the captions on while fiddling with the remote while you are outside cooking food for them.

12 hours ago, The Golden Hat said:

People who watch sports with the captions on.

I get where you're coming from, because the captions cover up stats and play-by-play info; HOWEVER...

sports with no sound is better than no sports at all.

In-laws when I first got married, I am looking at you.

18 hours ago, theCruiser said:

Other than the midwest chain "Meat & Stuff", there is most certainly a difference in quality of meats within grades and cuts.  

back to trivial:  people who host 50 people inside their living room in July with "business attire" on the invite and just keep the A/C at whatever  it was set to before the event started. Humans give off heat.  If you don't understand how that works, you shouldn't be hosting events or allowed out into society at large. 

You should get your AC checked out. As all the fancy business people arrive at your party the room will indeed tend  heat up, but your thermostat should reflect that and keep the AC on longer to still keep the room at 72 or whatever. 72 in an empty room is the same as 72 in a room full of people. If the AC is set to 72 and it heats up the 75 the unit is running and trying to cool it already, setting it to 68 doesn’t help that happen any sooner. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chuychanga said:

You should get your AC checked out. As all the fancy business people arrive at your party the room will indeed tend  heat up, but your thermostat should reflect that and keep the AC on longer to still keep the room at 72 or whatever. 72 in an empty room is the same as 72 in a room full of people. If the AC is set to 72 and it heats up the 75 the unit is running and trying to cool it already, setting it to 68 doesn’t help that happen any sooner. 

Are you really this dense?

On 7/15/2018 at 9:02 AM, Chuychanga said:

Which is why you turn it down hours beforehand.  Hotel meeting rooms wouldn't be held at 65-68F if they didn't need to counter heat introduction from people as hotels try to limit utility bills. Home A/C is quite likely inadequate to remove the heat of 50 added people in 30 minutes to a space to maintain 72F.  Add in all the open door time for that many people coming in too. It would take hours.  Turn your A/C down to 65F the night before, then the walls, floors, furniture,  counters,  cabinets, etc. will be 65F by the time your event starts to help you keep 72F.

The turning it colder doesn't cool anything faster has been covered multiple times on the stupid shit wives do thread.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

On 7/15/2018 at 6:16 AM, slorch said:

I get where you're coming from, because the captions cover up stats and play-by-play info; HOWEVER...

sports with no sound is better than no sports at all.

In-laws when I first got married, I am looking at you.

People that watch sports with no sound but instead insist on listening to the radio broadcast. There’s like a 7 second delay assholes!

7 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

The radio broadcast is a million times better than those boneheads on TV, especially UT games.

If you cannot figure out how to delay the TV broadcast to match the radio (DVR) you are an idiot.

The TV broadcast is already in a delay. There are special radios you can buy to delay the radio broadcast to match the TV. 

People that plan meals all day.

(Wakes up)
What do you want for breakfast?
(spends 20 minutes talking about what to eat for breakfast from eggs and bacon to French toast, to breakfast tacos and eventually decides on bacon and eggs)

30 minutes to make breakfast.
10 minutes eating breakfast.

5 minute break.

What’s for lunch?

1 hour ago, Greg Davis Apologist said:

The TV broadcast is already in a delay. There are special radios you can buy to delay the radio broadcast to match the TV. 

I listen to Craig's call on my Sirius XM.....it is about 2 to 2-1/2 minutes behind the TV.

I just pause the game as the kicker's foot hits the ball and wait for the radio to catch up.

Simple.

58 minutes ago, GottaB said:

People that plan meals all day.

(Wakes up)
What do you want for breakfast?
(spends 20 minutes talking about what to eat for breakfast from eggs and bacon to French toast, to breakfast tacos and eventually decides on bacon and eggs)

30 minutes to make breakfast.
10 minutes eating breakfast.

5 minute break.

What’s for lunch?

It takes 30 minutes to make breakfast?

Well perhaps the laws of physics cease to exist on your stove! Were these magic grits? I mean, did you buy them from the same guy who sold Jack his beanstalk beans?!

Everyone knows no self respecting southerner uses instant grits.

People who follow up their question with all of the possible things that you might say or offer an opinion on.

"So, what is your opinion on the plan to blarg?  Do you think it's a good idea, bad idea, ok but could use improvement, or should we go ahead with it or even maybe wait, because if we can come to a consensus on that then I think it would good to begin to move things into place to begin with the plan if you think it's a good one, which is what I'm trying to determine from this line of conversation, or if you think we should bring anyone else in on it, because we might get a head start on this thing unless you have a different view or sooooo yeah?  Do you have any thoughts?"

Yeah if you'd quit having words tumble out of your mouth I would've started speaking 5 minutes ago.  If you want a conversation you're going to need to risk silence.

7 hours ago, Celery Man said:

People who follow up their question with all of the possible things that you might say or offer an opinion on.

"So, what is your opinion on the plan to blarg?  Do you think it's a good idea, bad idea, ok but could use improvement, or should we go ahead with it or even maybe wait, because if we can come to a consensus on that then I think it would good to begin to move things into place to begin with the plan if you think it's a good one, which is what I'm trying to determine from this line of conversation, or if you think we should bring anyone else in on it, because we might get a head start on this thing unless you have a different view or sooooo yeah?  Do you have any thoughts?"

Yeah if you'd quit having words tumble out of your mouth I would've started speaking 5 minutes ago.  If you want a conversation you're going to need to risk silence.

Aka the Kirk Herbstreit interview. 

8 hours ago, Celery Man said:

Incompetent people at work that make statements and their voice goes up like they are asking a question.  It's a constant thing with incompetent people that are trying to talk about things which they have no knowledge.  I'm sure our clients just love it.

Neighbor has a cardboard sign in front of their house with name of prep school their kid is attending.  “Home of prep school student” 

But their kid must be a dumbfuck as their car doesn’t have a bumper sticker saying their kid is an honor student at the school. 

Edited by tfoolry

29 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

Not trivial, but fuck HWY 290 in Houston right now.  That place is insane.  I had to venture over there for a meeting yesterday and it was a total shitshow with all the construction.

290 has been the worst of the freeways for a long ass time.  

People on the outside not going far enough into the turn so they're in the middle, people on the inside not hugging the post so they're in the middle, and add in all the F350s with their tow hitches in that should be assigned spaces not in the turns and it's a recipe for a cluster fuck.

• Like 1