Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

Put me down as fuck etiquette. Who decided the hierarchy of pants? And why did they decide jeans go at the bottom? That's some arbitrary stupid ass shit. Wear what you want. Don't show up naked or dirty and don't draw attention to yourself at someone else's wedding. That's the only shit that matters.

Edited by Llogg
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Llogg said:

Put me down as fuck etiquette. Who decided the hierarchy of pants? And why did they decide jeans go at the bottom? That's some arbitrary stupid ass shit. Wear what you want. Don't show up naked or dirty and don't draw attention to yourself at someone else's wedding. That's the only shit that matters.

Or, when it comes to things like weddings, either dress according to how the bride apparently wants people to dress, or just send them $100 and move on with your life.

I don't think I've ever been to a wedding where anyone but the wedding party and a handful of older guys in tuxes they've had for 30 years were wearing one.

One cousin's wedding had "black tie optional" on the invite and our grandmother complained that it was at 3 in the afternoon so no one but the wedding party should be in a tux.

I don't think I've ever been to a wedding where anyone but the wedding party and a handful of older guys in tuxes they've had for 30 years were wearing one.

One cousin's wedding had "black tie optional" on the invite and our grandmother complained that it was at 3 in the afternoon so no one but the wedding party should be in a tux.

She is correct.
  • Like 2

What about at 5 for an outdoor wedding where temperature is 90? And, imo, a nice 3 piece suit>>>> tuxedo, therefore I do not own a tuxedo. I will be going in a grey 3 piece with a black neck tie and sweating my balls off.

I would be going in a black 3 piece but my cleaning lady washed my black one recently and ruined it.

Edited by FriendofaFriend

6 hours ago, Celery Man said:

Or, when it comes to things like weddings, either dress according to how the bride apparently wants people to dress, or just send them $100 and move on with your life.

People that really care about that shit don't invite me to their wedding.

On 5/17/2018 at 1:00 PM, Lat22 said:

It’s 95 degrees, you’ve just teed off on #6 and the beverage cart appears on the horizon.

And it’s a dude.

Or when you step into the tee box on 17 and the beverage cart appears for the first time that day. Too fucking late, ho.

Women need to be taught how to take a group photo. Tallest in the back row, shortest in the front. Instead, they jump in a big scrum with taller people in the front and then they start semi-squatting like they're trying to shit while standing up. And when one person does it, they all have to follow suit. So the whole group looks like fucking morons.

On 5/19/2018 at 8:34 PM, Okie State said:

Why do people give a shit about any celebrities at all? Let me know when you find out.

I know. People are in such a state of ignorance and low level intelligence. They see someone that has money and luxuries they don't have and therefore want to see what is it like to have those luxuries. Even though they have no personal attachment to said "celebrity" they are at such a low level of intelligence and want to see how people with greater status live. It's really simple.

On 5/19/2018 at 12:40 PM, elfenix said:

I have been to plenty of black tie weddings.  I like owning a tux, so I do not have to mess with renting one.

On 5/18/2018 at 10:13 PM, FriendofaFriend said:

My surleyness comes from using the phrase itself for a wedding as it says either 1) go rent a tux or 2) dress formal. Both of these seem dumb to me. First, does anyone besides Jack Donaghy actually own a tux? I would not expect anyone to show up in a tux to a wedding unless they were part of the wedding party themselves. Don't suggest to your guests to go rent a tux. Second, I thought etiquette was to dress formal (meaning at least slacks and tie) to a wedding anyway. Do people really wear jeans? Maybe I'm the dumb one thinking people actually know how to dress.

I own a tux.

I've thought about buying a tux- probably average renting one 1x a year. The only reason I'm glad I haven't bought is my weight/size has fluctuated in the last 5 years from guardrail to guardrail.

55 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Seriously, how often do you use it? 

Less now than 10 years ago.  So maybe once a year.  When I was in late 20s and early 30s it was 5-6 times a year for weddings.  A lot of my friends, most fellow Texas alums, had black tie weddings.

Black tie things are not something I love.  My wedding was a lot less formal.  But the tux I bought in my late 20s has held up for 10+ years and saved me money and hassle of rentals.

10 minutes ago, Okie State said:

My Aunt, who I maybe see twice a year, texting me out of the blue to let me know I must vote Republican in the primaries if I care about unborn children being murdered.

Tell her you are offended that she hates the constitution because the right to murder babies was right from Jefferson himself.

Then skip next Thanksgiving. 

• Like 2

Guest Lobo

Italians who think all Italians are from some sort of pure, untainted bloodline directly to the peak of the Roman Empire ~200AD.

"And where are the Romans now?"

"They are dust." 

32 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

The half-moon shaped ice that most refrigerators dispense from the ice maker.  Damned near impossible to get it arranged in your cup in a drink without one piece going rogue upright and poking you in the nose.  

Do any of them make the pure cube shaped pieces of ice? I have yet to own one or use anyone else's that make this shape. Just the half moon pieces as you mentioned.

1 minute ago, Celery Man said:

Real ice makers are expensive and break all the time, but are awesome.

I have one that makes about 200lbs. My dad found it for cheap on Craigslist years ago. But I just use that ice to ice beer down and other items. I never use it for drinks. The pieces are a little too big.

Fan apparel that come in non-team colors. Who the fuck wants a blue Ohio St shirt? Or a yellow Yankees hat? I'm a San Francisco Giants fan and I saw a guy today wearing a red Giants hat. Is he a fan or just some fashonista that wanted to be different? I was in OKC and he looked hispanic, if that makes a difference.