Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

11 hours ago, Okie State said:

Trivial traffic tickets that require court dates that are utilized for no other action than to schedule another court date.

HPD occasionally sets up on the northbound I-45 entrance ramp from Allen Parkway and gets people for expired registration.  And they do this a 5:00 in the afternoon when the ramp already back ups almost all the way to Taft.  I'm curious how many wrecks they have caused.  Oh, that's another ticket they can write!

• Like 2

What kind of traffic ticket doesn’t let you just mail in a check and plead nolo?

Not sure. This was for no front license plate. I've never had a ticket in my life so I did what I was told and what the ticket said. Showed up and wasted my time.

I'm not paying $200 for a dismissable ticket.

Speaking of baggers at the grocery store being sometimes a little mentally handicapped and stuff.

Found a fast food place that hires several Down Syndrome kids to help out by walking around and asking people if they need more napkins or ketchup and stuff. Kinda cool concept. Thought, man I should stop there since its near where I normally eat lunch on Friday's anyway. Get lunch and sit down. And I swear to god these little fuckers we're coming up to me every god damn 30 seconds. I was trying really hard to be nice and polite, but good god I couldn't even chew my food. I ate real quick and left and felt like an ass

Edited by Jameslaw121
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jameslaw121 said:

Speaking of baggers at the grocery store being sometimes a little mentally handicapped and stuff.

Found a fast food place that hires several Down Syndrome kids to help out by walking around and asking people if they need more napkins or ketchup and stuff. Kinda cool concept. Thought, man I should stop there since its near where I normally eat lunch on Friday's anyway. Get lunch and sit down. And I swear to god these little fuckers we're coming up to me every god damn 30 seconds. I was trying really hard to be nice and polite, but good god I couldn't even chew my food. I ate real quick and left and felt like an ass

So you discovered culvers?

14 hours ago, Jameslaw121 said:

Lol, like that wasn't at all predictable. 

Not so trivial but we’re fine taxing the shit out of booze and cigs, but even hint at a soda or sugar tax and people lose their shit, even though that’s the shit that’s killing us and helping our healthcare costs skyrocket.

Its a tax on the poor.
  • Like 1

On 5/4/2018 at 1:19 PM, TornACL said:

As one who has bought my fair share of cigarettes, it's a total dickhead move to not buy them from a lane where the cigs are stocked. Usually out of 15 lanes at HEB there's only 1 or 2 that are cigarette lanes. It's very easy to spot them. I don't understand why it's so fucking hard for people to pay attention to the world around them.

What has really surprised me is that at the local Walmart, the two cigarette lanes are nearly abandoned. Maybe 1-2 customers at most.  I guess non-smokers don't even want to stand in line with nasty ass, smelly cigarette smokers.  BTW, the are both 20 item limit lines, easy in, easy out.

2 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

What has really surprised me is that at the local Walmart, the two cigarette lanes are nearly abandoned. Maybe 1-2 customers at most.  I guess non-smokers don't even want to stand in line with nasty ass, smelly cigarette smokers.  BTW, the are both 20 item limit lines, easy in, easy out.

speaking of WalMart check out lanes.  

What is the mosts lanes anyone can report ever seeing  open at a WalMart?

6-8 maybe.

4 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

speaking of WalMart check out lanes.  

What is the mosts lanes anyone can report ever seeing  open at a WalMart?

6-8 maybe.

To be fair, that's primarily because it's a rare Wal-Mart shopper that can count higher than 8.

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
  • Like 1

On 5/7/2018 at 9:28 PM, DaysOff said:

There's a reoccurring theme on this thread that makes me think some of you aren't using HEB curbside pickup.

On 5/7/2018 at 9:28 PM, DaysOff said:

There's a reoccurring theme on this thread that makes me think some of you aren't using HEB curbside pickup.

There's also a recurring theme on this thread that makes me think some people think HEB is open.

• Like 1

I chortled.

Just bought a tractor and implement (tiller).  Dealing with salesmen who don't know what TF they are talking about.  I got this from so many different people over the last month:

"I think. I'd have to check.  Not sure off the top of my head. Let me get back with you."

Know what you're selling!  Know enough to ballpark something within $100.  Rage.

Verizon. Shitheads.

Went in to upgrade some mobile hot spot jetpacks and were greeted with a "i see you've been a customer for 17 years...thanks for your service! Wow!" As she looks up our info on the tablet they carry.

After talking for 30 min and getting everything squared away, we were going to use 2 lines on our account that were eligible for upgrade to buy 2 jetpacks and pay the upgrade fee of $100.

She then sneaks in this "oh it's 20 dollars per unit per month for 2 years before it goes back down" quote because they're not phones..They're hot spot units, even tho both are unlimited data. So after doing quick math...40 a month×24 months after signing the 2 yr contract-$200 you'd spend more for just buying it outright and not using an upgrade line=760 dollar profit for verizon. You're welcome for being loyal 17 year customers. Assholes.

• Like 1

Hypothetical:

Imagine having an acquaintance who does not like ground beef.  

However, he/she loves filet mignon.  

You, on the other hand, enjoy and will eat both.  

Every time beef is served, there is one serving of succulent filet, and one serving of ground beef.

You NEVER get the succulent filet because you will eat the ground beef.  Maybe not so bad, but your friend 100% expects to always get the filet, 100% of the time, b/c he/she won't eat the lesser meat.  You are penalized for NOT being a picky person.

Fuck those people hard.  

15 minutes ago, ernest_t_bass said:

Hypothetical:

Imagine having an acquaintance who does not like ground beef.  

However, he/she loves filet mignon.  

You, on the other hand, enjoy and will eat both.  

Every time beef is served, there is one serving of succulent filet, and one serving of ground beef.

You NEVER get the succulent filet because you will eat the ground beef.  Maybe not so bad, but your friend 100% expects to always get the filet, 100% of the time, b/c he/she won't eat the lesser meat.  You are penalized for NOT being a picky person.

Fuck those people hard.  

Who the fuck serves filet and ground beef at the same time?

Nobody. False premise.

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

You’re on a news website and after clicking to watch a 1 minute video, there’s a 30 second commercial.   

Or even worse, the 30 second commercial plays just fine, but then the ACTUAL video fails to load.  Sucks to be you.

16 hours ago, skipperj said:

Who the fuck serves filet and ground beef at the same time?

Nobody. False premise.

Growing up my parents would have bacon wrapped filet's for special occasions and they would serve us kids bacon wrapped hamburgers.  When we finally got old enough to ask "Why mine not look like yours?"   they held out for another couple of years before we got the upgrade.  

youtube has done some new shit to their page where all the suggested side videos load slow as fuck now

so you click on the video and of course it starts playing and you hit the button to max size the video screen and then a second later it goes back down to the smaller size because the rest of the shit finally finished loading......it is worse than webpages that move the shit on the screen around as more things load and you end up clicking on the wrong thing because right as you click more shit loads above and moves the page

also sitting in line to get an inspection and watching some dolt park their little econobox right in the way of a busy ass crammed gas station and oil change place while they wait for some other idiot to drive up in their pile of shit K car and park in the way and then they proceed to take forever to move a bunch of throwaway walmart looking bullshit from one shit box to the other while everyone else doing business there is all backed up and having to go around each other

On 5/10/2018 at 3:02 PM, Incredulity said:

Getting asked to donate money to charity everywhere I conduct a retail transaction.

No, but gimme a $30 scratchoff and 2 packs of Marlboro Reds.

20 hours ago, ABSR said:

Growing up my parents would have bacon wrapped filet's for special occasions and they would serve us kids bacon wrapped hamburgers.  When we finally got old enough to ask "Why mine not look like yours?"   they held out for another couple of years before we got the upgrade.  

That’s fucking funny, we got the same.  Faux mignon was what my dad called it.   What’s even funnier is I still make them occasionally and it’s actually pretty good if done right.  IE not cooked to a crisp.  

Wanted to get my eyecare coverage emailed to me from Humana's phone system. The robot says to say your email address and gives the example msmith@mail.com: "em smith at mail dot com." My main email is first initial lastname at gmail, as I suspect a lot of other people's email is. So I say it. The computer, though, is too dumb to realize that I just gave it my first initial and last name. So it asks me to spell the first part of the email. I have an E, a B, and a D, and no way did the computer figure that out. I tried phonetic and it thought my email contained echo, bravo, and delta. Fucking delta bravos programmed the thing.

youtube has done some new shit to their page where all the suggested side videos load slow as fuck now
so you click on the video and of course it starts playing and you hit the button to max size the video screen and then a second later it goes back down to the smaller size because the rest of the shit finally finished loading......it is worse than webpages that move the shit on the screen around as more things load and you end up clicking on the wrong thing because right as you click more shit loads above and moves the page

Not a problem ever with this. TMobile or cricket cell service maybe?

On 5/11/2018 at 12:40 PM, ABSR said:

I thought that was normal. Anything I did as a kid (and now do as an adult) You're a kid - you get hot dogs or hamburgers. Sometimes you got to choose which one. If you're an adult, you get the good stuff and alcohol. "Sucks being a kid. Make some money then come back to the adults table" Quoting my uncle

On 5/8/2018 at 12:41 PM, Walden Ponderer said:

I've always kinda chuckled because the celebrations are sort of shallow, just like the Mexican victory. Diez y Seis de Septiembre, on the other hand, is a more "appropriate" holiday, but then, it isn't really the sort of occasion that lends itself to tequila shots for no damned good reason.

It all evens out.

The sun coming up in the morning justifies tequila shots. Try this: walk into your breakfast place, and yell "Tenemos otro dia en este mundo, dame un tequilazo!". They say, "Sir, this is McDonalds," but you just keep on yelling what i told you to. Something will happen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/11/2018 at 12:40 PM, ABSR said:

Ha. In their late 40’s, my ma and her twin sister were told by their ma that all those times they were eating liver “because it’s good for you,” their mom was having a nice ribeye because she hated liver.   Parents can be crafty. 

I realize that it makes me sound old and out of touch, but the current generation's music is garbage. Fucking mumble rap with absolutely zero meaning or talent behind it. How anyone can listen to that shit is beyond me.

Also, why the fuck is Lil Tay or any of her ilk a thing? My niece actually told me that she was her idol tonight. I hope to God she was just fucking with me.

• Like 2

You do realize that the current generation listens to all sorts of different music, right? Just like my generation and your generation. It’s not all mumble rap and lil tay.

Vanilla Ice was huge when I was in high school. He was also garbage.

You do realize that the current generation listens to all sorts of different music, right? Just like my generation and your generation. It’s not all mumble rap and lil tay.
Vanilla Ice was huge when I was in high school. He was also garbage.
I don't because I'm not around many of the younger generation. Just conveying what I've experienced.

4 hours ago, elfenix said:

The term "younger generation"

Why don't you all f-fade away (talkin' 'bout my generation) 
Don't try to dig what we all s-s-s-say (talkin' 'bout my generation) 
I'm not trying to 'cause a big s-s-sensation (talkin' 'bout my generation) 
I'm just talkin' 'bout my g-g-g-generation (talkin' 'bout my generation)

Using the phrase “piece of shit” to describe someone; especially a person with whom you dislike or disagree.  This is rampant in the CR.  

Nothing screams internet tough guy / anonymous coward more than using POS. It is really repugnant.