Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

Had one the other day where a lady gets in the 15 item lane, gets some exotic fucking fruits that require 2 separate price checks, then asks for some specialty smokes that aren't in the case on that checkout stand, rather they're up front.  Then the old fuck pulls out the checkbook to pay for it.  Express lane my ass...

3 minutes ago, PvilleStang said:

Had one the other day where a lady gets in the 15 item lane, gets some exotic fucking fruits that require 2 separate price checks, then asks for some specialty smokes that aren't in the case on that checkout stand, rather they're up front.  Then the old fuck pulls out the checkbook to pay for it.  Express lane my ass...

As one who has bought my fair share of cigarettes, it's a total dickhead move to not buy them from a lane where the cigs are stocked. Usually out of 15 lanes at HEB there's only 1 or 2 that are cigarette lanes. It's very easy to spot them. I don't understand why it's so fucking hard for people to pay attention to the world around them.

People who are all woke about Cinco de Mayo not being a real holiday.  Look, fuck off.  Stay in.  Nobody gives a shit.  If people want to drink Dos Equis and do tequila shots and fuck it wear a sombrero, fuck you for being the awareness police.  Replace the stick with a cactus.

A few weeks ago the lady in front of me is putting the stuff in her basket on the conveyor.  Then a friend or relative walks up with another cart and pushes past me like I don't exist to start putting some stuff in her cart.  Then they have a lengthy discussion about who was buying what.  I was so amazed watching it happen that I didn't even get pissed.  That they thought what they were doing was in any way acceptable blew my mind.  We had been in line for awhile, so this wasn't a case of someone running to get something they forgot.  They just decided to re-arrange the contents of their baskets while one of them was in the process of checking out.

Edited by kevwun

22 hours ago, NastyDreams said:

Being in the grocery store isle on the first of the month, surrounded by carts loaded like a midnight stocker's.  

store-depot.jpg

People who recline their seat before the door is closed. Only trivial because it's not my bull getting gored. I'm fucked if we catch fire, though.

Edit: the universe has a sense of humor, apparently my seat was reclined a bit when I got here

Edited by elfenix

On May 4, 2018 at 1:19 PM, TornACL said:

As one who has bought my fair share of cigarettes, it's a total dickhead move to not buy them from a lane where the cigs are stocked. Usually out of 15 lanes at HEB there's only 1 or 2 that are cigarette lanes. It's very easy to spot them. I don't understand why it's so fucking hard for people to pay attention to the world around them.

Why should I have to wait in line behind someone trying to kill themselves?

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper

People that list a car for sale on Facebook or craigslist but they list it by the down payment instead of the full price. So when I'm looking for an old project for under $3000, I get late model cars/trucks on the list for $2500 but that's the down payment. Fuck you assholes.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 4/30/2018 at 9:03 PM, Celery Man said:

Speaking of grocery shopping and trivial shit - when your stuff piles up at the end of the conveyer belt in the bagging area, and the belt keeps running.

Opposite is also true.  When the cashier is yapping with whoever is checking out in front of me and neglecting to advance the belt forward leaving no room for me to start putting my shit on there.  I mean, I’m standing here with my thumb up my ass doing nothing when I could be loading the belt but you’re too busy talking to keep things moving.  I know multi-tasking is probably above your pay grade, but how about moving the belt forward while running your mouth?

10 hours ago, Sandman said:

People that list a car for sale on Facebook or craigslist but they list it by the down payment instead of the full price. So when I'm looking for an old project for under $3000, I get late model cars/trucks on the list for $2500 but that's the down payment. Fuck you assholes.

I agree with your point.

Is it more concerning that people personally finance vehicle purchases done through FB?

18 hours ago, elfenix said:

People who recline their seat before the door is closed. Only trivial because it's not my bull getting gored. I'm fucked if we catch fire, though.

Edit: the universe has a sense of humor, apparently my seat was reclined a bit when I got here

What in the hell are you talking about?

On 4/30/2018 at 7:03 PM, Celery Man said:

Speaking of grocery shopping and trivial shit - when your stuff piles up at the end of the conveyer belt in the bagging area, and the belt keeps running.

Baggers that don’t bag my items in the order I send them down the belt.  Hey dipshit, notice a pattern that all the freezer, refrigerator, can goods, and vegetables are grouped together?  It’s by design.

• Hook 'Em 1

When a restaurant visit is extended by 50%+ for no other reason than waiting for my order to be taken and later the check to be brought/cashed out. Meanwhile my normally well behaved kids start to get restless because we've been sitting at a table for over an hour for a simple lunch.

Baggers that don’t bag my items in the order I send them down the belt.  Hey dipshit, notice a pattern that all the freezer, refrigerator, can goods, and vegetables are grouped together?  It’s by design.

Im not too particular about this, but even I’ve noticed a major decline in recent years.

Deli meat, raw pork, asparagus, jar of pickles - what the hell?
Butter, chips, chicken thighs, deodorant, bleach - oh common! At least try!

3 hours ago, Upgrayedd said:

As a former Courtesy Clerk myself, this also annoys me. 

However, a great majority of the baggers that fuck this up seem to have such limited cognitive abilities that I don't believe they're necessarily capable of detecting a pattern of similar items. It's good for those folks to have jobs, but I wish that it didn't come at the expense of smashed bread/chips/eggs and toxic cleaning products mixed in with the fresh produce....

On 5/5/2018 at 4:25 PM, elfenix said:

People who use my seatback as a pull up bar to get in and out of their seat.... If you can't get into a seat without hanging your entire body off of mine than start working out

Edited by AUinHsv

People who leave a trail, or a trace of their presence.  I'm not talking murder stuff.  But a mess/crumbs at your table setting, food on your plate, your clothes (insert wife joke here... it applies) laying everywhere, towels on the floor, shit on the counters.  I could go on.

When I'm done with something, I feel it is embarrassing to leave a trail.  I wipe up crumbs (if any), I clean any excess food in trash and rinse plate to put in dishwasher (properly).  I take my clothes off every day and either put back away if not dirty, or put in hamper if dirty.  Only clothes I will leave out are my shorts on the pillow for bed.  Done with towel?  Gets hung up.

Untidy people are the lowest of the low.

On 5/4/2018 at 3:08 PM, Celery Man said:

People who are all woke about Cinco de Mayo not being a real holiday.  Look, fuck off.  Stay in.  Nobody gives a shit.  If people want to drink Dos Equis and do tequila shots and fuck it wear a sombrero, fuck you for being the awareness police.  Replace the stick with a cactus.

People who use the term "woke".

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ernest_t_bass said:

People who leave a trail, or a trace of their presence.  I'm not talking murder stuff.  But a mess/crumbs at your table setting, food on your plate, your clothes (insert wife joke here... it applies) laying everywhere, towels on the floor, shit on the counters.  I could go on.

When I'm done with something, I feel it is embarrassing to leave a trail.  I wipe up crumbs (if any), I clean any excess food in trash and rinse plate to put in dishwasher (properly).  I take my clothes off every day and either put back away if not dirty, or put in hamper if dirty.  Only clothes I will leave out are my shorts on the pillow for bed.  Done with towel?  Gets hung up.

Untidy people are the lowest of the low.

How's the laundry going?

• Like 1

On 5/5/2018 at 4:50 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Why should I have to wait in line behind someone trying to kill themselves?

Have you looked at what most people put on the conveyer belt? They're trying to kill themselves, too, only with Cokes and Twinkies instead of cancer sticks. 

When you take a crap in the dark so you won't wake the wife, and you can't find the starting point on a new roll of toilet paper.

Why not just use the flashlight function on your phone? And if you didn’t take your phone in then my next question is, what the fuck is wrong with you?
  • Like 1

Microsoft wireless keyboard... with the separate number pad... ran out of battery.

It takes a CR2430 coincell.  Not the ubiquitous 2320... but 2430.  About the same dimensions and capacity... so why in the fuckity fuck does it use this fucking stupid fuck size and format ? who the fuck has 2430 around

• Like 1

Have you looked at what most people put on the conveyer belt? They're trying to kill themselves, too, only with Cokes and Twinkies instead of cancer sticks. 

Not so trivial but we’re fine taxing the shit out of booze and cigs, but even hint at a soda or sugar tax and people lose their shit, even though that’s the shit that’s killing us and helping our healthcare costs skyrocket.

55 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Not so trivial but we’re fine taxing the shit out of booze and cigs, but even hint at a soda or sugar tax and people lose their shit, even though that’s the shit that’s killing us and helping our healthcare costs skyrocket.

Yeah, you don't want to mess with Big Sugar. Worse yet, you don't want to mess with Big Corn. 

On 5/4/2018 at 3:08 PM, Celery Man said:

I've always kinda chuckled because the celebrations are sort of shallow, just like the Mexican victory. Diez y Seis de Septiembre, on the other hand, is a more "appropriate" holiday, but then, it isn't really the sort of occasion that lends itself to tequila shots for no damned good reason.

It all evens out.

Having lunch all by my lonesome today (bitter...table for one?).  I had to get up and move because the jerk off in the booth behind me was watching youtube videos on his smart phone and had the volume turned up to 11.

I got up and asked him if it was necessary to have the volume up so loud and he just had a slacked jawed look on his mug as if I was from outer space.  He literally just sat there with his mouth agape and half full of semi-chewed food.  

I knew his little thimble sized brain wasn't working to well so I just up and left for another spot.