Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

59 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

06a91a38ca66a69b771800948da9fed4.jpg

Wife’s phone.

My wife’s phone’s email icon doesn’t show the full amount of emails she has - because it’s in the 6 digits. 150,000 at last look. It’s simply unbelievable how that draws me offsides. 

9 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

My wife’s phone’s email icon doesn’t show the full amount of emails she has - because it’s in the 6 digits. 150,000 at last look. It’s simply unbelievable how that draws me offsides. 

Because either:

1. She's the kind of person who doesn't turn of email notifications for bullshit sites like Pintest, Facebook, etc (which is easy to do)

or 

2. She's the kind of person who doesn't read/answer important emails

Not sure which is worse.

44 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Because either:

1. She's the kind of person who doesn't turn of email notifications for bullshit sites like Pintest, Facebook, etc (which is easy to do)

or 

2. She's the kind of person who doesn't read/answer important emails

Not sure which is worse.

She’s both. But she married me so she had to have some flaws. 

24 minutes ago, ernest_t_bass said:

Yelling at clouds and get off my lawn, here... But I don't understand adults, especially married, using Snapchat.  

I don’t either. Some young hot chick at office got me signed up, and I promptly deleted the app after my 48 yo sis in law kept sending me goofy ass messages. I think I might hate Snapchat. 

Yelling at clouds and get off my lawn, here... But I don't understand adults, especially married, using Snapchat.  

Snapchat is a celebrity gossip/check out the latest Kardashian shit aggregator, so she's probably using it for that. Along with sending nudes to the guy she's fucking.

17 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Metal detectors at courthouses and having to take off my boots, belt, watch, etc.

I felt the same way until the last time I did jury duty, and family of an accused decided to completely lose their shit in the hallway. If he'd been armed, somebody's lunch would have been eaten. Courthouses are prime soil for crazy to grow in.

6 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I felt the same way until the last time I did jury duty, and family of an accused decided to completely lose their shit in the hallway. If he'd been armed, somebody's lunch would have been eaten. Courthouses are prime soil for crazy to grow in.

I am talking about civil courts.  They can still have metal detectors.  But let people keep their shoes and belts on like they did the previous 5 decades before 9-11

• Like 1

Are Italians retarded when it comes to airplanes? Just got back from London. 4 Italians decided to hang out beside the bathroom and drink and talk very loudly for the first 4 hours of the flight. They had to be told to stop blocking the bathroom door by the crew 3 times before they sat down and shut up. I have been on a flight in Rome where the stewardess had to show people where their seats were on the plane. It’s mind bottling.

Yeah, i know, but it would make for an interesting commercial. Exaggerated infomercial style: "Don't you just hate it when you pull up to the wrong side of the pump? (lady tries to pull the pump handle across the trunk and a big "X" marks the screen "Introducing the 2000 SUX with dual tank access and a separate bubble compartment for your kids!" Doh!
If you pull up to the pump on the wrong side of your car more than one time then you shouldn't have a driver's license because of your lack of simple awareness.

I hate other drivers.  It seems 95% of drivers have zero situational awareness.  Everything from using a damn blinker, to accelerating to speed limit when entering an on ramp, to watching patterns around you to adjust in real-time and smooth out the flow.  People are fucktards.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Izhmash said:

I hate other drivers.  It seems 95% of drivers have zero situational awareness.  Everything from using a damn blinker, to accelerating to speed limit when entering an on ramp, to watching patterns around you to adjust in real-time and smooth out the flow.  People are fucktards.

it's more like 99.99%

15 hours ago, Rex Kramer said:

What's even the point of having email at that stage?  Just delete that shit for her and start over.

14 hours ago, kevwun said:

Are Italians retarded when it comes to airplanes? Just got back from London. 4 Italians decided to hang out beside the bathroom and drink and talk very loudly for the first 4 hours of the flight. They had to be told to stop blocking the bathroom door by the crew 3 times before they sat down and shut up. I have been on a flight in Rome where the stewardess had to show people where their seats were on the plane. It’s mind bottling.

Is this a legit gripe or just an excuse for some humblebrag?

"Official" company signatures suck balls. A couple months back we were directed to format all email sigs a certain way that includes the corporate logo. This logo appears on recipients emails to be an attachment, not to mention the sig is supposed to include business #, direct #, fax #, office location etc..etc... w/each on a separate line
Fuck you. 2 years ago we were directed to have sigs that were only one line, that is, name, ph# etc.. all on the same line so as to not take up too much vertical space. I liked that. 
This new shit is so stupid and takes up 6 or more lines vertically. Half of the email space is devoted to my fucking signature. Retards.

We got rid of the image logo for this reason. It’s now just nicer and colored font. Looks great and professional.

When I get my DSLR camera back from service and all my settings have been erased back to the lameass factory defaults. Finding all that stuff in the menu again is bullshit.
When people type "D" in front of "SLR". It's 2018, we all know you're not talking about your K1000.

1 hour ago, elfenix said:
17 hours ago, DougO said:
When I get my DSLR camera back from service and all my settings have been erased back to the lameass factory defaults. Finding all that stuff in the menu again is bullshit.

When people type "D" in front of "SLR". It's 2018, we all know you're not talking about your K1000.

Old Pentax never die, they just wind up in garage sales.

2 hours ago, Felix said:

Mexican bus' in the left lane on I35.  Seriously, a bus should NEVER be in the left lane.  EVER!

FUCK THOSE ASSHOLES!!!

And back to the situational awareness.  EVERY... DAMN... DAY!  Driving home, some asshat is in the left lane and WON'T get over, then get's butthurt when they get passed on the right and cut off.  Especially fun when it's right next to the sign that says "LEFT LANE FOR PASSING ONLY".  95% of those are soccer moms on their damn phones not paying attention doing 55 in a 60.