Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

6 hours ago, Celery Man said:

Elaborate solution to a problem that doesn’t exist

Yeah, i know, but it would make for an interesting commercial. Exaggerated infomercial style: "Don't you just hate it when you pull up to the wrong side of the pump? (lady tries to pull the pump handle across the trunk and a big "X" marks the screen "Introducing the 2000 SUX with dual tank access and a separate bubble compartment for your kids!" Doh!

2 hours ago, GottaB said:

Yeah, i know, but it would make for an interesting commercial. Exaggerated infomercial style: "Don't you just hate it when you pull up to the wrong side of the pump? (lady tries to pull the pump handle across the trunk and a big "X" marks the screen "Introducing the 2000 SUX with dual tank access and a separate bubble compartment for your kids!" Doh!

You have to be a complete idiot to not remember which side the gas goes in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbaround said:

Ooof, yes on life hacks.  I'm tired of the term and 90% of that shit is common sense.

the worst part is they are completely misusing the term "hack" especially as it relates to programming

the "hacks" those stupid articles talk about are generally better or easier ways to do something that are actually clean and simple

while a hack in programming might be an easier way to program something, but it is generally a much shittier overall way to do it because it will have some issue like hogging the CPU or having memory leaks or a security issue and it is a lazy shitty way to program something meaningful for the long term

What fresh hell is this? I come to work today to discover that our organization is honoring "National Unicorn Day" and everyone is wearing horned tiaras and eating cotton candy, and everybody is entered in a raffle for a unicorn t-shirt, whether we want to be or not.
I should have called in sick.

Aggy going all in on generic zany shit because you can’t understand from the outside

When I have to buy birthday presents for friends and family with 1-2 year old kids. And attend a party. Last weekend, I had to watch a 1 year old try to grab the gift out of a bag for about 5 minutes while everyone was commenting on how cute she was. She was not interested in the toy at all, but did try to eat the gift bag.

12 hours ago, GottaB said:

The arrow / triangle is pretty universal now isn’t it?

Regardless: the answer is simple and the auto company who does this will get my money: why hasn’t an auto company put tank access on both sides of the car?

It should always be on the drivers side. Makes it much easier to maneuver to the pumps and eliminates the cocksucker that snipes your spot from the opposite side.

Just now, DougO said:

It should always be on the drivers side. Makes it much easier to maneuver to the pumps and eliminates the cocksucker that snipes your spot from the opposite side.

everywhere should be like costco, enter 1 side only, long hoses on the pumps to reach the other side.

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

What fresh hell is this? I come to work today to discover that our organization is honoring "National Unicorn Day" and everyone is wearing horned tiaras and eating cotton candy, and everybody is entered in a raffle for a unicorn t-shirt, whether we want to be or not.

Getting into the mescaline before lunch is generally not advised.  

On 4/16/2018 at 5:14 PM, 52-80 said:

probably just me but in a car its not obvious whether the temperature gauges are measuring water or oil.  

also, there is no universal convention for the fuel symbol to indicate which side of the car its on.  on some cars, they use the L vs R positioning of the hose and lever.  on some cars, they use a little triangle/arrow next to the tank.  on some, its just blind guessing

I guess it’s a form of OCD, but one of the first things I do when driving a different car is look to see which side the gas tank is on.  Basically I don’t want to get to a gas station and look like a dumbass.

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Christ Almighty, where in the hell do you work?

The fact that pretty much every day of the week is National something day is idiotic.

Latinos incessant need to call me “boss” when clearly I never am; I just want some brisket tacos and want you to mix it up with a “man” or “dude” every now and then. Mexican crutch word. 

22 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Latinos incessant need to call me “boss” when clearly I never am; I just want some brisket tacos and want you to mix it up with a “man” or “dude” every now and then. Mexican crutch word. 

The corollary to that is the incessant use of "Mr." and your first name, especially when done by call center employees that are not all the way comfortable with the English language.  

Very awkward and annoying.

Meester Larry.  OK, Meester Larry? Can I get the last four of your social, Meester Larry? So I can  re-verify your account information, Meester Larry?

2 minutes ago, deadshank said:

The corollary to that is the incessant use of "Mr." and your first name, especially when done by call center employees that are not all the way comfortable with the English language.  

Meester Larry.  OK, Meester Larry? Can I get the last four of your social, Meester Larry? So I can  re-verify your account information, Meester Larry?

Yes. I hate that. What are you a 3-year old?

And it’s not limited to call center types that struggle with English. It’s women. And I don’t know why.  My last name isn’t that hard. You don’t need to say “Mr. Brian” like a child. 

1 hour ago, deadshank said:

larry-fine-0.51.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/17/2018 at 10:33 AM, BurntOrangeCrush said:

When I have to buy birthday presents for friends and family with 1-2 year old kids. And attend a party. Last weekend, I had to watch a 1 year old try to grab the gift out of a bag for about 5 minutes while everyone was commenting on how cute she was. She was not interested in the toy at all, but did try to eat the gift bag.

This is why flasks were invented.

Travis County tax assessments.  Doubled our land value since last year, but I have this odd feeling if we get them to adjust the land value, the structure value is going to jump to make up for the difference.

Oh, and our fuckwad neighbors that rent their house out, but have a homestead and other exemption on the property, cutting their tax bill in half.

11 hours ago, Rex Kramer said:

Just respond with "sport"...but be prepared to fight. 

People that bring their kid(s) to work. I get it, we had a teacher strike, and sometimes school is out due to the weather. But either find a daycare or a babysitter or stay home. We work for the state, I know you have annual leave!

Instead, I have to dodge 7 year olds as I walk to the copier.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sandman said:

People that bring their kid(s) to work. I get it, we had a teacher strike, and sometimes school is out due to the weather. But either find a daycare or a babysitter or stay home. We work for the state, I know you have annual leave!

Instead, I have to dodge 7 year olds as I walk to the copier.

Making copies...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1