Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

1 hour ago, TornACL said:

She claimed that there "Was not enough for everybody" and they are all "so big" that she'd just go ahead and cut them up since no one would eat a whole one.

Your co-worker might not have taken credit for bringing in treats but odds are she wouldn't correct anyone's mistaken beliefs it was her either.

14 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

I want to kick the shit out of this stupid kid. I don't know where he came from, or why he's on the internet, but I hate his guts. Same goes for his attention whore mother/father/owner/manager. 

One of his parents bestowed upon the young lad a mighty large forehead, it's nearly as big as mine, and I am grown (physically at least)...

When someone says, "It's not personal, it's business."  First of all, you are not the Godfather or in the mafia.  Second, why is taking things personally bad?  If you do something to hurt or offend someone, they aren't supposed to take it personally, even if it is in a business context?  Who made up these rules?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ojo Rojo said:

When someone says, "It's not personal, it's business."  First of all, you are not the Godfather or in the mafia.  Second, why is taking things personally bad?  If you do something to hurt or offend someone, they aren't supposed to take it personally, even if it is in a business context?  Who made up these rules?

The boss that wanted to continue to bork a now fired assistant/ employee without the red tape of providing insurance coverage..?

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:
8 minutes ago, GhostRider said:
People who get bent out of shape when I call a pig-in-a-blanket a sausage Kolache.

Kolache is a pastry though. So it makes no sense to call it that.

If the shop selling it is calling it a Kolache (I'm looking at you Shipley), then so shall I.  I'm not going to get into an argument with the HS kid in the drive-thru about how it really isn't a Kolache.

Most people that "care" didn't even know what a fucking kolache was 15 years ago. 
I'm over 75% Czech so I grew up eating them homemade from my mom's mother. I never had them from stores. I don't care at all if people call a pig and blanket a kolache but it doesn't make sense. If someone was to tell me they have some kolaches for breakfast, I'd be expecting a pastry. Pig and the blankets in Czech are Klobasniky.

9 minutes ago, elfenix said:

it's easier to read the ragged edge than the justified doc.  eye tracks to the next line better.

You're correct, but...it still looks like shit.

Every book, magazine, newspaper article, and technical paper I have ever read has had justified margins. Why is that? It's because the left justified (right ragged) or whatever else you want to call it looks tacky and unprofessional. 

8 hours ago, TornACL said:

As a follow up to this post. This morning I brought some goodies into the office. Donuts, sausage and cheese "kolaches".

I go about my business, and come back a few minutes later to find one of our secretaries cutting them all in half. Everything in the box, pulling them out one by one, cutting them in half, putting the pieces back in the box.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

She claimed that there "Was not enough for everybody" and they are all "so big" that she'd just go ahead and cut them up since no one would eat a whole one.

What in the everliving hell. This is not preschool. If I bring treats I don't have to bring enough for the entire office. 

fuck it new Surly business venture a half donut (and other pastry) food trailer by my calculations if we fuck off paying the taxes and give away a few shitty orange "wine" based daiquiris to the customers waiting hours in line on the days we bother to get up early and crank up the fryers we can all be rich in a year or two....if we don't get audited and refrain from stabbing anyone on a bad day and our dick head business partner does not sue us to take our $350,000 fryers and our trailer does not get stolen and we do not have a falling out with family

• Like 1

Girl scout cookies suck, every year we get the news of how good they are. Dont get me started on their sales team, I'm focused on the person who thinks a good cookie is something that sits in a box, in a warehouse, collecting dust for 6 months. They are stale and flavorless.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

46 minutes ago, Dewey said:

Girl scout cookies suck, every year we get the news of how good they are. Dont get me started on their sales team, I'm focused on the person who thinks a good cookie is something that sits in a box, in a warehouse, collecting dust for 6 months. They are stale and flavorless.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Dewey preaching troof

And every variation has as fresh version with a different name available at 1/2 To 1/3 the price at Wal-Mart. A "friend" buys a whole bunch of them and puts them in the freezer.. no I'm not kidding and no he's not anyone's wife.
What's the name of the purple box at Walmart?

17 hours ago, Okie State said:

Picked up some kolaches from Czech Stop this past weekend so this hits close to home.

CSB

son is at Ft Hood and was making trip back from DFW to post, early one morning.  He knows I work early so he texts me where to stop for breakfast.  Of course I referred him to Czech Stop.

“Dad, I bought 6 so I could bring some to my roommate.  They didn’t make it”

lolz.  For the thread, When you have the generosity in your heart, but not the discipline in your appetite...

On 4/13/2018 at 6:30 PM, ButtFumble said:

fuck it new Surly business venture a half donut (and other pastry) food trailer by my calculations if we fuck off paying the taxes and give away a few shitty orange "wine" based daiquiris to the customers waiting hours in line on the days we bother to get up early and crank up the fryers we can all be rich in a year or two....if we don't get audited and refrain from stabbing anyone on a bad day and our dick head business partner does not sue us to take our $350,000 fryers and our trailer does not get stolen and we do not have a falling out with family

Like any of those things could ever actually happen. Pshaw!

probably just me but in a car its not obvious whether the temperature gauges are measuring water or oil.  

also, there is no universal convention for the fuel symbol to indicate which side of the car its on.  on some cars, they use the L vs R positioning of the hose and lever.  on some cars, they use a little triangle/arrow next to the tank.  on some, its just blind guessing

8 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

probably just me but in a car its not obvious whether the temperature gauges are measuring water or oil.  

also, there is no universal convention for the fuel symbol to indicate which side of the car its on.  on some cars, they use the L vs R positioning of the hose and lever.  on some cars, they use a little triangle/arrow next to the tank.  on some, its just blind guessing

I read recently on American cars the side of the gauge that the E is on is the side the tank fill is on

and the temp gauge should measure the water

8 hours ago, Chuychanga said:

When a hotel places the bath towels beyond arm’s reach from the shower. 

Conversely, when the towels are inside the shower in a location that is sure to be soaked (or at least unsatisfactorily moistened) through the course of a normal shower, forcing you to find a new spot to store them. 

I don't get why they can't make the gas tanks on the same side for every vehicle.

I would guess at least part of it is because not everyone drives on the same side of the road. Which then raises the question...why don't we all drive on the same side of the road?

Also, I'm assuming there are some design/engineering reasons behind some of the gas filler placements.

11 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

I read recently on American cars the side of the gauge that the E is on is the side the tank fill is on

and the temp gauge should measure the water

so in the case of a Dodge Charger, if it didn't have the fuel symbol, it would be on the bottom of the car??

Omhz6ucp o

serious, not serious

Edited by Lone Star Horn

The arrow / triangle is pretty universal now isn’t it?

Regardless: the answer is simple and the auto company who does this will get my money: why hasn’t an auto company put tank access on both sides of the car?

5dbaa5ac00d41a989fcbf09b4a770b3b.jpg

a2ec42db516b4f2a478fef7232b087d2.jpg

But really, there are packaging requirements and mandates as to where the filler can go, and that results in the filler neck typically being on the opposite side of the exhaust.

• Like 1