Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

19 hours ago, Lat22 said:

Let’s find a ditch to broadcast from.
63167c3fe431f501de19d75e9045de2a.jpg

Or let's find a high spot to shoot from. I'd need to know more about the shot to pass judgment but the flooding in the Carolinas is serious and real. The last I heard, the death toll was up to 14. 

I'm bothered less by how the media covers storms than I am by the endless bitching about how the media covers storms. It is what it is and it won't change because it's what gets ratings. Don't like it? Then don't watch and don't obsess over it. 

Suppose-ebly, this is a shot not from this hurricane, but an earlier one. Not sure if that makes a bit of difference, but the media does seem to get it's shit pushed in on these quite as bit.  The downcast faces of all the media types when this thing went from a KIIIIIIIIIILLLER CAT 4, worst storm of the millennia !!!!!! to a rainy cat 1 must have been amusing to see.

31 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Sign in the hotel lobby:

"You have NFL Sunday Ticket in your room!  Official hotel of the NFL."

Turn on the tv:

Channel 704 NFL Red Zone.  Order for $49.99.

Channel 7xx Buffalo Bills-L.A. Chargers.  4 hours.  Order for $49.99.

Etc.

That would definitely piss me off.

Those 10’s sitting in the hotel bar were available too...

On 9/16/2018 at 9:46 AM, ernest_t_bass said:

High fivers during CFB games.  You didn't do anything on that play.  You're watching on a TV.  

Well geez, are you a fan of any team?  Or do you just watch sports and whenever something good happens you sit silently and say to yourself "good for them."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Or let's find a high spot to shoot from. I'd need to know more about the shot to pass judgment but the flooding in the Carolinas is serious and real. The last I heard, the death toll was up to 14. 

I'm bothered less by how the media covers storms than I am by the endless bitching about how the media covers storms. It is what it is and it won't change because it's what gets ratings. Don't like it? Then don't watch and don't obsess over it. 

The problem is it's an indication of how they cover everything else. The real story is story enough, but they always have to embellish it. Just like sports and everything else. Reporters gonna reporter. There are no ethics...the stuff that they pound their fist about having to make people believe them when they're not being honest.

• Like 3

On 9/16/2018 at 12:13 AM, El Diablo said:

I'm guessing you just picked something at random there because that article, holy fuck. Frinstance...

"Green caps on tire valve stems usually mean the tires are filled with nitrogen instead of ordinary oxygen."

Yeah, those oxygen filled tires are a real hoot. Great for acceleration. 

Not random, it was a "feature" according to my 'yoda dealership.

On 9/16/2018 at 1:30 AM, elfenix said:

if your tundra were actually a loaded up 747 or maybe an F1 car, it'd make a difference.  but it's not.  so it doesn't.  the only reason costco does it is to get people to come back to the store to put air nitrogen  in their tires.  now you're there, might as well buy 500 rolls of toilet paper and a rotisserie chicken.  

Exactly.  Marketing 101.

5 hours ago, DougO said:

The problem is it's an indication of how they cover everything else. The real story is story enough, but they always have to embellish it. Just like sports and everything else. Reporters gonna reporter. There are no ethics...the stuff that they pound their fist about having to make people believe them when they're not being honest.

Snopes weighs in...

Another driving one. When you're headed down a residential street with hardly any cars on it and two cars invariably choose the same area to park parallel to one another on opposite sides of the street thus making the street significantly tighter and forcing games of chicken between you and another oncoming car. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Stop. You're embarrassing yourself. 

No.  He's not.  The Snopes link is pretty much a lame attempt to cover for AC.

He could have stood on higher ground in the road but risk interfering with emergency responsders...whatever.  His film crew was up on the road but that was apparently no concern for AC  

The whole thing is stupid.  AC is pretty much a fraud on this one.  Needless hype to get viewers.

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, 'stache said:

But you had nothing to do with it.  Why are you clapping and cheering?

So you're telling me you never yell/ scream/ "hell yeah!!!"  at the TV on a sporting event/ bad call/ huge play/ etc?

If you don't, you can just go ahead and turn in your fan card.

The high five is a bond of two or more fans for the aforementioned huge play.

30 minutes ago, slorch said:

So you're telling me you never yell/ scream/ "hell yeah!!!"  at the TV on a sporting event/ bad call/ huge play/ etc?

If you don't, you can just go ahead and turn in your fan card.

The high five is a bond of two or more fans for the aforementioned huge play.

Hey, I'm on your side.  Earnest is against high-fiving as a fan.  At least he admits its trivial.

2 hours ago, Moby Ric said:

The Dentist.  Fuck the Dentist.  I hate the Dentist. I have to go in for a routine cleaning this morning.  I am already in a mood.

used to have a young dentist in colorado who'd rub her breastises against me while operating.  wouldve loved to fuck that dentist.

This one chick in my office and her fucking emails. Every. Fucking. Time:

To: All Employees

Attached is the form you need to fill in for some fucking stupid reason, but really it's just to waste your time and no one will ever look at it

5 minutes later:

OMG!!! I FORGOT TO ATTACH THE FORM!!! I SHOULD KNOW NOT TO DO THIS BEFORE MY MORNING COFFEE!!! LULZ!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

On 9/17/2018 at 10:20 AM, Wally Pryor said:

That ESPN ticker / score update just got shittier.   It will flash "Score Update" and you don't even know what the hell the update is and which team scored.  Just shows the god damned score. 

Or when the crawl gets fucked up / stuck.  Sits on "NFL" for a solid 30 or 40 seconds or so before it kicks in again.

4 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

This one chick in my office and her fucking emails. Every. Fucking. Time:

Attached is the form you need to fill in for some fucking stupid reason, but really it's just to waste your time and no one will ever look at it

5 minutes later:

OMG!!! I FORGOT TO ATTACH THE FORM!!! I SHOULD KNOW NOT TO DO THIS BEFORE MY MORNING COFFEE!!! LULZ!!!!!!!!

How about the dumbass who doesn't read the first email until an hour later, then fires off a quick "WHERE'S THE ATTACHMENT" email before he gets to the next one

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:20 AM, Wally Pryor said:

That ESPN ticker / score update just got shittier.   It will flash "Score Update" and you don't even know what the hell the update is and which team scored.  Just shows the god damned score. 

And it pops up a yellow box!  My team scored a TD but I though it was getting called back for a second, just from some yellow box popping up as he crossed the goal line. Fuck ESPN.

8 hours ago, deadshank said:

No.  He's not.  The Snopes link is pretty much a lame attempt to cover for AC.

He could have stood on higher ground in the road but risk interfering with emergency responsders...whatever.  His film crew was up on the road but that was apparently no concern for AC  

The whole thing is stupid.  AC is pretty much a fraud on this one.  Needless hype to get viewers.

You're confirmation bias is showing. You're the one being duped. Snopes is absolutely correct. Here, you can watch Anderson talk about, and show clips of, the video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQEtXWdID0k

I'm just posting the link since there's a political component to it. It does sort of explain how that pic made it out into the ignoramusphere. It should bother you that you're so easily manipulated.