Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

1 hour ago, BurntEyes said:

If someone starts going into depth on it directly with me, I'll humor them at first and let them know I don't play. If they continue to expand on their points, I'll start to zone. At some point I'll start repsonding with discussion in M vs String in quantum theory, how the truth is likely in between. I'll start talking about how dark matter supports and defies both in some ways. I'll go into other details and maybe segway into my passion about process geomorphology and how Iceland is one of the best places to visit for such a passion

Yes we all believe that you do this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
20 hours ago, After irth said:
The original version wasn’t really live. Studio trickery in an attempt to make it sound more interesting. 

Yea it's just horrible editing to a great song...then you dont hear any audience in the rest of it. Wtf were they thinking back then

It was the 70s, man...

6 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

Well sort of. 

Look, I don't play fantasy football mainly because I don't give a shit about the NFL. I'll know the scores and records enough to have a high level discussion but not what specific players are doing. For the most part the only people who care about specific performances of individual players are fantasy football players.

If someone starts going into depth on it directly with me, I'll humor them at first and let them know I don't play. If they continue to expand on their points, I'll start to zone. At some point I'll start repsonding with discussion in M vs String in quantum theory, how the truth is likely in between. I'll start talking about how dark matter supports and defies both in some ways. I'll go into other details and maybe segway into my passion about process geomorphology and how Iceland is one of the best places to visit for such a passion.

It's called being intuitive and actually paying attention to the reactions of those with which you are engaged.

I've no issue with you and others having a discussion on the topic, just don't expect me to get involved. Further, know that continued direct engagement with me on the topic is rude.

High level discussion, huh?

So we sacrificed living in urban center and bought a house in the suburbs and couldnt be happier.  Our apartment complex is just full of these retardedly territorial (and prob xenophobic) retirees - contantly sniping from their windows with stupid fucking comments when we're walking around with our dog.

"get away from my plants your dog will ruin it"  -  no, bitch, thats common/public grounds and you live in a box on the 3rd floor it aint yours

Have a happy death ya old fucks

21 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

It's that time of year again. 

Listen, we get it. You don't play fantasy football. You missed the boat or you just don't have any real guy friends. Nobody thinks you're cool except maybe Mackenzie your male barista. He's sympathetic to your feelings. 

Knock yourself out. Maybe that's how you get your kicks. You and your good-time buddies. But the action's on you and you're holding up the poker game talking about the quarterbacks you drafted. Nobody cares. Stfu and play. 

22 hours ago, HiggyBaby said:

I’ll add still hearing radio edits of songs on XM radio. Made sense back in the day trying to cram in as many songs per hour but why can’t I hear the full version of songs anymore?

Here I Go Again was one of my favorite songs in high school and I'll still listen to it if I come across it, but the the pop edit version of it they play on Majic 95 makes me ragey.

People who tell us where they were when 9/11 happened. No one fucking cares you were at history class in Wisconsin when you heard the news.
Eating cereal when the morning radio guys were asking why everyone was gathered around the TV. Took a shower when plane 2 hit. Watched coverage in high school the rest of the day. English teacher started bawling when she remembered she knew someone in NYC, several blocks away

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

People who tell us where they were when 9/11 happened. No one fucking cares you were at history class in Wisconsin when you heard the news.

In my truck coming back from a meeting in far north Dallas.  I heard it on the radio and didn't see the real damage until I got back to the office.  The entire office was gathered around the TV with stunned looks on their faces.

5 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

I was at work. We had a time management workshop in our training room. We had a small TV in break room that I turned on after my wife called me to say she heard on the radio that a plane crashed into the World Trade Center. As the workshop was starting, some of the attendees were American Airlines flight attendants. They were getting cell phone calls asking them to check in. They came up to me to ask if they could check the TV. As we're doing that, the 2nd plane crashed into the WTC. Some of the people on those planes were people they worked with. We cancelled the class and sent everyone home. 

On 9/10/2018 at 5:57 PM, PvilleStang said:

New neighbor just put his trash cans out in front of my house on the sidewalk.  Keep your shit in front of your house!

This.  Also, park your cars in front of YOUR house.  I don’t want to look at your kids shitty Honda Civic all weekend.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2018 at 1:16 PM, Jameslaw121 said:

When you're planing on coming to this board, but you zone out and type shaggbevo instead...

I did that last night. I was distracted watching a movie on TV, wondering why I had to log in to Surley. I kept typing in my username and password until it timed me out...

Then I remembered I deleted my account over there.

23 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

I was in mid fap when i got the call. It was a chick giving me the news so i didnt stop until I finished. 

Disaster footage gives me some pretty serious boners now 

Watching Sportscenter about the MNF game the night before(Giants/Packers IIRC) when the wife called and asked if I had heard the news, she couldn't believe that I hadn't.  Bitch, I was doing exactly  what I always did on my days off, watch SC.  It wasn't too long afterwards that ESPN had it on their news crawl.  

37 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Watching Sportscenter about the MNF game the night before(Giants/Packers IIRC) when the wife called and asked if I had heard the news, she couldn't believe that I hadn't.  Bitch, I was doing exactly  what I always did on my days off, watch SC.  It wasn't too long afterwards that ESPN had it on their news crawl.  

It was Giants/Denver I think. I know the game was at Mile High the night before. 

• Like 1

Well you say you're fine with it but post:
Fucking 2005 car is falling apart. Back driver and front passenger windows don’t roll down. Fucking gear shift button broke off tonight in the driveway. I have to shove my thumb into where the button once was to depress the lever so I can move out of park to reverse or drive. Replacement gear shift buttton doesn’t come till Tuesday. Hey, but no car payment!!!! Kill me.
So which is it?

Diesel gas sucks my ass!!

1 hour ago, Okie State said:

My brother's non-stop barrage of 9/11 conspiracy theory memes over the past three days. I honestly don't understand how anyone could believe that bullshit.

So stupid and so disrespectful of the passengers and crew members who lost their lives on the hijacked planes. We understand the who, what, when, where, why, and how of what actually happened. None of the conspiracy theorists can come close to presenting a plausible alternative explanation that covers all those bases. 

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

So stupid and so disrespectful of the passengers and crew members who lost their lives on the hijacked planes. We understand the who, what, when, where, why, and how of what actually happened. None of the conspiracy theorists can come close to presenting a plausible alternative explanation that covers all those bases. 
Not sure if you know this...but jet fuel doesn't get hot enough to melt steel! PROOF!

1 hour ago, Okie State said:
9 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Not sure if you know this...but jet fuel doesn't get hot enough to melt steel! PROOF!

And as we all know, everything maintains the exact same physical properties  regardless of temperature right up until the melt point. Heating something up doesn't make it more pliable!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Hey PilotsError, why are you negging these posts? Are you a 9/11 truther? Do you understand how the unique construction of the twin towers made them vulnerable to attack? I'm guessing you don't. Have you studied the design and construction of the new tower that eliminates those vulnerabilities? Again, I'm betting you haven't. 

Do you also think it was a missile that hit the Pentagon and not a hijacked aircraft? That's my favorite one. These idiots just write off a whole plane with passengers and crew as if they never even existed. No accounting for what happened to them. I once saw someone on another board post, "Show me one pic of a piece of a plane in front of the Pentagon. Just one." So I posted a pic of a piece of the plane wreckage on the lawn of the Pentagon. I received no reply. 

You seem confused. You hate the cops but you endorse the police state. And now you're a 9/11 truther on top of that? How does that happen?

Edited by WhatTheBuck