Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

We all know spam calls and spoofed number calls are an annoyance. 

What's even worse is when you have a coworker who insists on answering every one of these calls to ask "to be taken off your list" 

So every day at least twice I have to overhear "hello? HELLO? (pause) Please take me off your list. No I am not interested, etc. Etc. Etc." Followed by hanging up and bitching loudly for five minutes about "these telemarketers" 

I tried explaining to him that answering those calls only makes it worse, but still. Every day. If the phone rings he answers it even if the number is unknown, etc. And we repeat the same script every time. 

Edited by TornACL
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, TornACL said:

We all know spam calls and spoofed number calls are an annoyance. 

What's even worse is when you have a coworker who insists on answering every one of these calls to ask "to be taken off your list" 

So every day at least twice I have to overhear "hello? HELLO? (pause) Please take me off your list. No I am not interested, etc. Etc. Etc." Followed by hanging up and bitching loudly for five minutes about "these telemarketers" 

I tried explaining to him that answering those calls only makes it worse, but still. Every day. If the phone rings he answers it even if the number is unknown, etc. And we repeat the same script every time. 

I just let them go to voicemail and then add that number to the auto reject list. My phone has to have over 50 of these. Would be much more but I have gotten a new phone and then did a few resets. The obvious ones are the the numbers that has the exact first 6 digits as your own phone number. I have to have at least 10 of these.

1 hour ago, immortal13 said:

When the same tv commercial plays back to back. What the fuck? I guess it's a thing now to run a short little ad twice in a row to try to make it stick in your head. 

Worse, is when you're streaming a radio station and they only have 4-5 total commercials. And one of them is a progressive commercial

• Like 1

Received 4-5 phone calls for people trying to sell me solar panels, new paint or new windows.

I mistakenly picked up the phone, and told the guy I'm not interested in any of those. He asks me what if he's not selling those. Then pauses and tells me he actually is. 

I should've told him to fuck off before I hung up.

On 9/26/2018 at 4:47 PM, immortal13 said:

When the same tv commercial plays back to back. What the fuck? I guess it's a thing now to run a short little ad twice in a row to try to make it stick in your head. 

LHN commercials are the fucking worst about this. If i see that fucking volleyball ad one more god damn time, there will be blood.

Edited by MissingInAction

I get triggered by the constant re-defining words to add superficial significance. I think words matter and we really don't need to redefine them. My latest pet peeve: "My/Her Truth." You mean your opinion. But we think by calling it "my truth" it somehow increases its value.

• Like 2

Received 4-5 phone calls for people trying to sell me solar panels, new paint or new windows.
I mistakenly picked up the phone, and told the guy I'm not interested in any of those. He asks me what if he's not selling those. Then pauses and tells me he actually is. 
Should've asked jt when he was gonna start posting again
  • Like 1

On 9/27/2018 at 12:54 AM, Superhero said:

Tell them that you're a renter. It always gets the fuck heads at Home Depot and Sam's to leave me alone.

• Like 2

On 9/29/2018 at 9:57 AM, Chilly Water said:

People that put “IMO” after their comment. No fucking shit it’s your opinion, you don’t need to remind everyone.

It’s an acknowledgment that it isn’t necessarily the way things are, but how they think it should be, IMO.

Edited by slorch

Websites being so intrusive these days. No I don't want to receive notifications from your site. No I don't want you to know my location. No I don't want to sign up for your newsletters or emails. Yes I am using an AdBlocker and no I don't give a fuck that you don't want me to. Although now sites will force you to turn it off if you want to proceed using the site.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Hmmm can't say I ever heard this term. What is it?

Gluttonous Camping.  Sharing a sleeping bag with a woman who cant' stop eating.  It's in tents/intense, you'd love it.