6figs/"Trust the Hamm" greatest hits

Machinator

1 minute ago, TommyGufano said:

Well shit, I just figured out who you are

There are plenty of people from my hometown on this site and it would be obvious. Not that big a deal. I opened the can of worms, I'll empty it.

Scoggin was the first thing I thought of when meeting Hamm. He'd already left an impression with his online tantrums.

37 minutes ago, Sandbagging Steve said:

Because I'd prefer not to doxx myself. 

Timothy Scoggin

To be clear: No one is calling Hamm a serial killer. But they have very similar traits, persona, and build. 

One of my favorite episodes of Forensic Files.  Mostly because of the Texas Ranger they interview throughout that episode.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sandbagging Steve said:

There are plenty of people from my hometown on this site and it would be obvious. Not that big a deal. I opened the can of worms, I'll empty it.

Scoggin was the first thing I thought of when meeting Hamm. He'd already left an impression with his online tantrums.

OH!  You're THAT sandbagging Steve!  How'd I miss that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Sandbagging Steve said:

I have met Luicci and Ketch, among others.

I met Taylor Hamm several times at the 7-on-7 State Championships around a decade ago.

IMO, they're all weird, dishonest, underqualified; you name it.

Hamm reminded me of a smarmy little (adult) nerd I knew growing up. I always warned adults about him as a child and they would laugh and say "he's weird but otherwise okay."

He was small in stature, looked a little like Taylor and, although tried to smile and play nice, there was a nervous energy around him. Something always seemed off. He could be a little shy and then show bursts of personality. He was very insecure and loved attention and being associated with the Elite. It was very important to him. I would catch him telling lies about things he accomplished. Embellishments that could be shot down immediately. Like, "You serious, bro?" 

The first time I met Taylor Hamm I was immediately reminded of this man many moons ago during my childhood. It hit me instantly.

The appearance.

The persona.

The character traits.

This man went on to achieve his goal of rubbing elbows with the affluent; drinking wines, playing chess and bocce, and acting as an established Gentleman. 

It turns out he had a flair for the dramatic; a thing for emotional outbursts behind the scenes. It turns out he would do anything that would help him achieve being an established Gentleman.

Remember in those days there was no internet.

But he became world famous too!

As one of America's most famous serial killers. 

I had him pegged all those years ago. Maybe not to that extent, but I knew he was hiding something.

Forty years later, I have some more advice:

Stay away from Taylor Hamm.

And, yes, this is a true story. I really did grow up near a serial killer with a similar appearance, persona, and identical character traits as this weirdo.

Your description is fitting:

"The strangest killer I ever encountered was a smarmy nerd named Tim Scoggin. He had been an apprentice mortician in Llano before moving to San Angelo, where he branched out into real estate and other business ventures. Scoggin’s ambition was to get rich, and his hobby was painting flowers and lacy designs on porcelain urns. Though he was in his early thirties, most of his friends were old women and, occasionally, old men. They found him a pillar of strength, always there to cook their meals, deliver messages, run to the pharmacy, drive them to doctor’s appointments.

He became the adviser and sole companion of two elderly sisters in Llano, Cordelia and Catherine Norton. The sisters lived alone in the old family mansion, high on a bluff overlooking town; their only visitor was Scoggin, who made trips from San Angelo almost daily to check on their well-being. When they died, in February 1988, one day apart, Scoggin took charge of their affairs and had them cremated. Five weeks later another of Scoggin’s elderly friends, Olgie Nobles, of San Angelo, died after experiencing uncontrollable vomiting, diarrhea, and stomach pains—the same symptoms the Norton sisters had suffered. Who could have guessed Scoggin had been diluting their Maalox with rat poison?

Scoggin had been in jail for four months when I interviewed him, and he wasted no time in delivering a most unflattering critique of the criminal justice system. A diminutive fellow with jug ears and rust-colored hair, he reminded me of Howdy Doody. His voice was a squeaky soprano; on the phone he sounded like a woman. But he was very correct and businesslike too—a Mr. Belvedere in jailhouse issue—and he continued conducting his affairs from his cell. He told me he’d never been around the lower class and saw himself as a breed apart from the other inmates. “I have always been a conservative Republican,” he explained. “My expectation of jail was luxury living, color TVs, suites like the Ritz. I’ve changed my point of view.” Scoggin is still in prison, serving a life sentence."

https://www.texasmonthly.com/articles/talking-to-killers/

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

Timothy Scoggin is one of "America's most famous serial killers"? A man I'd never heard of until this afternoon?

Hmm, so C-Man has to know a serial killer before he can be considered famous? Interesting

He was all over the news when the story broke.

He's had many articles written about him. He's been in many magazines. He's been featured on Forensic Files.

Tough crowd. I'm sorry I ever posted at this point. I'll leave now. 

1 hour ago, Sandbagging Steve said:

Because I'd prefer not to doxx myself. 

Timothy Scoggin

To be clear: No one is calling Hamm a serial killer. But they have very similar traits, persona, and build. 

Ok guys, here is what we know so far about @Sandbagging Steve.  He's from El Paso, hangs out with Hamm, and is a fan of the Longhorns.  Let the doxxing commence!

13 minutes ago, Sandbagging Steve said:

Hmm, so C-Man has to know a serial killer before he can be considered famous? Interesting

He's had many articles written about him. He's been in many magazines. He's been featured on Forensic Files.

Don't be so sensitive. Based on the way you wrote it, I was expecting Bundy, Son of Sam, the Zodiac Killer, BTK, Dahmer, Gacy or perhaps even The Lopper.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Don't be so sensitive. Based on the way you wrote it, I was expecting Bundy, Son of Sam, the Zodiac Killer, BTK, Dahmer, Gacy or perhaps even The Lopper.

Coincidentally, Billy Loochie is also known as "The Lopper" in aggy circles. He "lops off" any unflattering news about Texas A&M sports as a means to foster the hive mind mentality and unfounded superiority complex the aggy faithful are notorious for.

Taylor Hamm dreams of being 1/10th the charlatan Loochie is.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Fair point. The point of the post is that Hamm's personality traits are more than just a laughing matter. The guy needs to get some help. 

I think the sensitivity is more aggravation on reading the half-dozen posters and counting who thinks they're funny and original with the doxxing comments. One or two is enough. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Sandbagging Steve said:

Fair point. The point of the post is that Hamm's personality traits are more than just a laughing matter. The guy needs to get some help. 

I think the sensitivity is more aggravation on reading the half-dozen posters and counting who thinks they're funny and original with the doxxing comments. One or two is enough. 

As someone who has been kissed by the doxxing fire, I understand the concern. That said, I have a hard time thinking up any post of yours that would be regrettable if read to you in a public crowd by your worst enemy.

I had never heard of the Scoggins guy either, but I read the Texas Monthly article about him from 1988 earlier and that story is now one of the things I've learned today.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Zhorn96 said:

I'm going to throw a wild guess out there but lets assume his first name is "Steve".

I bet he thinks he's so good at golf that he thinks it's cool to claim to not really be as good as he is to aggravate people but he thinks it really impresses them

Just now, Mr. Drummond said:

You don't get to tell us when we have driven a joke into the ground.

Driven into the ground? Shit, the car is still warming up 

I lived in San Angelo for years and never heard of him.  The big news in San Angelo was 2 missing HS kids who were found buried at Lake Nasworthy.  It was on Unsolved Mysteries. About 5 years ago, they arrested the guy who did it. Went to HS with him and had a class with him.  He was odd to say the least. Didn’t know he had killed both of those kids sitting next to him in English class. 

1 hour ago, Sandbagging Steve said:

I mean, he doesn't even have a Wikipedia page ...

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, closetojumping said:

As someone who has been kissed by the doxxing fire, I understand the concern. That said, I have a hard time thinking up any post of yours that would be regrettable if read to you in a public crowd by your worst enemy.

I had never heard of the Scoggins guy either, but I read the Texas Monthly article about him from 1988 earlier and that story is now one of the things I've learned today.

I noticed that article was written by the great Gary Cartwright

On 10/30/2023 at 9:31 AM, Hornlover said:

Craig James

does killing 5 hookers really make you a serial killer though?

edit: wiki says typically 3+ over a month+ - so yes.

A serial killer (also called a serial murderer) is typically a person who murders three or more people, with the murders taking place over more than a month and including a significant period of time between them. While most authorities set a threshold of three murders, others extend it to four or lessen it to two.

Edited by NoName

4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

That would be the American people who didn't watch enough of it. So why don't you go scream at the fucking peasentry on the football board. 

From the interweb machine: 

"I'm very proud of the first two seasons. But it's a very expensive show and, in the eyes of Netflix, we didn't attract enough of an audience to justify such an investment," Fincher said during an interview with Forbes back in February 2023. "I don't blame them, they took risks to get the show off the ground, gave me the means to do Mank the way I wanted to do it and they allowed me to venture down new paths with The Killer. It's a blessing to be able to work with people who are capable of boldness. The day our desires are not the same, we have to be honest about parting ways."

Bunch of weirdo creepy sons of bitches. Discussing mass murdering, poisoning bastids. Can't a normal low life straight up whack a guy for 2 pounds and 10 shillings without getting morbid, serial and shit?

If you haven't seen this one, it's worth the watch in my opinion. I thought Jack Black was pretty good as a weird gay ass creepy dude. Hard to get into at first, but then he won me over with his acting. You can catch it on many of the free (and pay) movie streaming services and other pay services.

Based on true story of Bernie Tiede, Carthage Tx. Our Minister of Culture is in this movie.

IMDB link to "Bernie" 

Storyline,

We meet Bernie Tiede (1958- ), a chubby undertaker, who takes pride in his work. He's a Gospel-singing tenor. In a series of interviews with townspeople, mixed with flashbacks, we follow Bernie: he arrives in Carthage, Texas (pop. 7,000), where old ladies adore him; he befriends a wealthy, mean-spirited widow named Marjorie Nugent; they become companions in both daily routines and expensive vacations. Among those interviewed, only her stockbroker and Danny Buck, the local district attorney, are unsympathetic toward the sunny, sometimes saccharine Bernie. Marjorie changes from sour and alone to happy with Bernie; then she gets possessive. What will sweet Bernie do?

Update,

Tiede was released from jail in 2014 under the condition that he live with Richard Linklater. Now he's been sentenced 99-to-life, and is returning to prison. A jury in Henderson, Texas has closed another chapter in a Texas murder story that captured the public’s attention nearly two decades ago. This past Friday, Bernie Tiede, who was the real-life inspiration for the 2011 Richard Linklater film “Bernie,” was sentenced to 99 years to life for a second time for killing Marjorie Nugent in 1996.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 11/2/2023 at 8:16 AM, Victor R. Franko said:

Bunch of weirdo creepy sons of bitches. Discussing mass murdering, poisoning bastids. Can't a normal low life straight up whack a guy for 2 pounds and 10 shillings without getting morbid, serial and shit?

If you haven't seen this one, it's worth the watch in my opinion. I thought Jack Black was pretty good as a weird gay ass creepy dude. Hard to get into at first, but then he won me over with his acting. You can catch it on many of the free (and pay) movie streaming services and other pay services.

Based on true story of Bernie Tiede, Carthage Tx. Our Minister of Culture is in this movie.

IMDB link to "Bernie" 

Storyline,

We meet Bernie Tiede (1958- ), a chubby undertaker, who takes pride in his work. He's a Gospel-singing tenor. In a series of interviews with townspeople, mixed with flashbacks, we follow Bernie: he arrives in Carthage, Texas (pop. 7,000), where old ladies adore him; he befriends a wealthy, mean-spirited widow named Marjorie Nugent; they become companions in both daily routines and expensive vacations. Among those interviewed, only her stockbroker and Danny Buck, the local district attorney, are unsympathetic toward the sunny, sometimes saccharine Bernie. Marjorie changes from sour and alone to happy with Bernie; then she gets possessive. What will sweet Bernie do?

Update,

Tiede was released from jail in 2014 under the condition that he live with Richard Linklater. Now he's been sentenced 99-to-life, and is returning to prison. A jury in Henderson, Texas has closed another chapter in a Texas murder story that captured the public’s attention nearly two decades ago. This past Friday, Bernie Tiede, who was the real-life inspiration for the 2011 Richard Linklater film “Bernie,” was sentenced to 99 years to life for a second time for killing Marjorie Nugent in 1996.

I think most everybody is familiar with Bernie, if for this scene alone:

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, C-Man said:

I think most everybody is familiar with Bernie, if for this scene alone:

Really good movie. One of my best friends is a gaffer and worked on this movie. He really liked it and thought Jack Black was awesome to work with. He even had his parents cameo in this movie and ironically, they're in a booth in this scene (no, not those dudes there). 

Both Scoggin and Tiede were morticians, go figure. I had a buddy whose family owned a funeral home in IL, and out of familial duty I guess, he attended mortuary school after he graduated from college. He said he figured conservatively over 50% of his classmates were future serial killer candidates. That was enough to turn him off the business and he chose an alternate career path. 

It was a running gag when we were out and about at the bars, that if we saw this dude talking to a chick, we would join the conversation and immediately start asking our buddy questions about mortuary school. We found it funnier than he did. 

• Haha 3