6figs/"Trust the Hamm" greatest hits

Machinator

6 minutes ago, garrett01 said:

What's the story on Schmidt?  I've seen references to vomit and inappropriate behavior with players over the years, but never heard any details.

Schmidt is an imbecile and he's also behind the times. He was Stoops' S&C at OU before Riley hinted to him that he should find work elsewhere. This is somewhere on the Internet and can be looked up, but part of the training regimen at some point was that when a player tossed chunks in the offseason, he literally made them lick it up. A high profile OL, Chad something, if I remember right. Maybe Roark? I don't know, been a long ass time. Anyway, went public with this as he quit the team in protest. There were no issues for Schmidt over it. He also, at several points on national tv, bowed up to and pushed opposing players coming into the OU sidelines. Again, those videos are out there on the Internet somewhere. He's a fucking antique, and Fisher has him on staff. He's going to be a weakness for them and there's a great chance that his behaviors in this day and age could lead to a scandal.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Schmidt is an imbecile and he's also behind the times. He was Stoops' S&C at OU before Riley hinted to him that he should find work elsewhere. This is somewhere on the Internet and can be looked up, but part of the training regimen at some point was that when a player tossed chunks in the offseason, he literally made them lick it up. A high profile OL, Chad something, if I remember right. Maybe Roark? I don't know, been a long ass time. Anyway, went public with this as he quit the team in protest. There were no issues for Schmidt over it. He also, at several points on national tv, bowed up to and pushed opposing players coming into the OU sidelines. Again, those videos are out there on the Internet somewhere. He's a fucking antique, and Fisher has him on staff. He's going to be a weakness for them and there's a great chance that his behaviors in this day and age could lead to a scandal.

It's interesting to me that Riley showed Schmidt the door, but replaced him with Beach Body Benny.  Both seem to have real problems, but even though Schmidt's tactics are ludicrous, he at least appears to have some semblance of a track record in physically developing guys (Orlando Brown's combine bench press reps notwithstanding).  Obviously that doesn't make him a guy that you want around your program.

Next year is the year that Benny's "training" starts to show at OU, in my opinion.  How many guys do you think they'll have who tear pectoral muscles and blow out their achilles during the season?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

He's also a closet homo who likes to caress the hamstrings of his players as they're lifting.  So his ultimate destination was inevitable.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Katfid54 said:

It's interesting to me that Riley showed Schmidt the door, but replaced him with Beach Body Benny.  Both seem to have real problems, but even though Schmidt's tactics are ludicrous, he at least appears to have some semblance of a track record in physically developing guys (Orlando Brown's combine bench press reps notwithstanding).  Obviously that doesn't make him a guy that you want around your program.

Next year is the year that Benny's "training" starts to show at OU, in my opinion.  How many guys do you think they'll have who tear pectoral muscles and blow out their achilles during the season?

I agree that, with Schmidt, there’s at least the likelihood that whose who survive will be stronger/meaner football players. His methods are a bit antiquated, but half of the strength coach’s job is to develop mental toughness and teach accountability to the team. While he is a dangerous ass hole, I think he probably does a good job of getting players’ minds right if they live long enough to get into a game  

Benny can’t hold anyone accountable because he’s too busy either working out with the team or posing in the fucking mirror. His workouts are counter-productive. The motherfucker doesn’t even make them squat. He has them doing sets of 23 on curls. He’s a complete idiot. I agree that this should be the year we start to see his impact. I’ve always thought of him as our Trojan horse. He fucking sucks. Im so glad OU hired him. 

Edited by Chili dog
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

Riley may have a blind spot with respect to his deficiencies because of their history together at Tech.

Yeah, and because Riley doesn’t know dick about S&C. Mack really didn’t, either. Fat dog was ok when he worked. He just quit working and Mack didn’t know the difference. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chili dog said:

Yeah, and because Riley doesn’t know dick about S&C. Mack really didn’t, either. Fat dog was ok when he worked. He just quit working and Mack didn’t know the difference. 

Had a buddy who had business in Belmont the last few years of the Mack era.  He was there a couple times a month at minimum meeting with coaches and staff. He liked Madden a lot.  But claims he, without exception, was always in his office watching shit like Criminal Minds.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Didn't Wylie have kids at Tech doing drills in a sand pit he built? That always seemed like a sketchy idea to me. 

All of those guys that are from that era bought into the sandpit workouts because of those Miami teams. It's like the guys that are 8-10 years older than that, they all did the plyometric shit (not just box jumps but the shoulder wrecking shit) because Nebraska had done it. All of them. 

nvm that both of those schools were LOADED with NFL guys and that was the "secret". 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Had a buddy who had business in Belmont the last few years of the Mack era.  He was there a couple times a month at minimum meeting with coaches and staff. He liked Madden a lot.  But claims he, without exception, was always in his office watching shit like Criminal Minds.  

ALWAYS!!! Never left his fucking office. You can draft the greatest workout mankind has ever known. It’s absolutely worthless if no one is doing it!

There’s a reason our defense was salty AF under Will, while our o-line was softer than fat dogs tits. Will actually forced the accountability that fat dog didn’t. No one on offense held that side of the ball to the same standard. It’s why Will hated Madden and GDGD. They both knew they were dead men walking when Will was HCIW. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

ALWAYS!!! Never left his fucking office. You can draft the greatest workout mankind has ever known. It’s absolutely worthless if no one is doing it!

There’s a reason our defense was salty AF under Will, while our o-line was softer than fat dogs tits. Will actually forced the accountability that fat dog didn’t. No one on offense held that side of the ball to the same standard. It’s why Will hated Madden and GDGD. They both knew they were dead men walking when Will was HCIW. 

86-A7-A1-D9-7-F76-4718-98-B1-3-DC00-C685

2 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Friend had a cousin that was asst S&C under Fat Dog & I believe followed Muschamp out the door a few years later.

She knew I was a UT guy & couldn't wait to tell me.. few years ltr I remembered to ask her how he was doing.. the feedback confirmed what we now know.. shitshow.

The closed office doors/not walking the floor being hands was one of many things on the list.  

Guy went from "I'm walking into the best oppty in CFB" to getting his resume ready and out the door asap.

FUPM.

• Like 1

Hamm is having a meltdown because no legit reporters are citing him as breaking the Aggy OL Henson hiring first. 

I don’t think a random twitter or Facebook can technically break a story. They definitely don’t need to be cited by reporters that are employed. 

18 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Hamm is having a meltdown because no legit reporters are citing him as breaking the Aggy OL Henson hiring first. 

I don’t think a random twitter or Facebook can technically break a story. They definitely don’t need to be cited by reporters that are employed. 

Someone tweeted to Looch about OK State being near the bottom in TFL's and sacks allowed and of course Looch got all pissy about it.

12 minutes ago, Bear19 said:

Put it here if you can.

please, pretty please

aggy 35 sacks given up #102(t); Okie Lite 34 sacks #95(t)

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/468/p3

aggy & Okie Lite 89 TFLs given up tied for #100 nationally.

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/696/p3

aggy had 4.9 YPC rushing in 2018 and Okie Lite had 4.8 YPC.  Normally I'd say Henson will look better against a dog crap SEC schedule but OSU played an FCS team too.

5 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

aggy had 4.9 YPC rushing in 2018 and Okie Lite had 4.8 YPC.  Normally I'd say Henson will look better against a dog crap SEC schedule but OSU played an FCS team too.

Appreciate it but I was talking about the Lucci getting pissed about it. But thanks.

8 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

Is it correct to assume that osu had more plays on offense to have given up the same amount of sacks and tfls?

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

Is it correct to assume that osu had more plays on offense to have given up the same amount of sacks and tfls?

Total play count is nearly identical.  920 for aggy, 932 for OSU.  There would have been more of a disparity if not for the 7OT atrocity.  OSU had more passes, aggy had more running plays.

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

What was OSU's talent level compared to A&M's?

A&M definitely has more talent than Oklahoma State but the SEC also has more talent on the defensive lines. Henson will take over a depth chart that's probably more talented than Oklahoma State but will also see more talented DLs in the SEC. 

The strength of the SEC is DL play. 

This hire actually seems to fit in perfectly with what Jimbo wants. 

1) Better recruiter than developer

2) Shit in pass pro but decent in zone run schemes. Again, fits what happened at FSU and now at A&M with guard heavy recruiting. 

With the combination of recruiting and the Henson hire they don't give a shit about pass protection at all. 

Edited by texasstrong12

13 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Per TeamRankings these are sacks per game given up by teams Henson has worked with in recent years. 

OK State '18 (100th)

OK State '17 (42nd)

OK State '16 (88th)

Missouri '15 (86th)

Missouri '14 (43rd)

Missouri '13 (59th)

King of the second year bump, clearly. Which aligns with aggy's "we better take advantage of our turdy 2020 schedule or we're fucked" outlook.

A&M's OL isn't all that talented either. More talented than Oklahoma State but I'm guess their starting lineup looks something like this next year. 

LT (Dan Moore)-#757 in the composite

LG (Hocker)-#980 in the composite

C (McCollum)- #1193 in the composite

RG (Prater)-#1117 in the composite 

RT (Green)-#1164 in the composite

It is tough to project some of these spots. Green could come in and start at guard or tackle I guess. Unless a bunch of these young guys win spots it's going to be an OL of 3 stars. 

Edited by texasstrong12