6figs/"Trust the Hamm" greatest hits

Machinator

9 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Best player evah.  He's a mix of Calvin Johnson/Jerry Rice/Steve Largent/Terrell Owens.  Except only the good traits of all of them because none of those guys individually match up to Demas.

Stop shitting on his talent! His traits are better than any of their traits. His traits can't be described as just 'good'. I guess 'great' would be OK, but anything short of 'generational' is to disrespect him. 

• Haha 1

Just now, markstanco said:

Why do all these kids pick aggy as their safety school then flip? Is it some running joke between the players?

Who in particular are you talking about? I don't think Demas is going to flip, I think he's sold on them for whatever reason, just like Jaylon Jones and Leal last year.

Most of the "flips" are guys that were never committed, never actually that interested in A&M, and their various site mods put in CB picks for A&M to create fauxmentum.

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Who in particular are you talking about? I don't think Demas is going to flip, I think he's sold on them for whatever reason, just like Jaylon Jones Demani Richardson and Leal last year.

Most of the "flips" are guys that were never committed, never actually that interested in A&M, and their various site mods put in CB picks for A&M to create fauxmentum.

fify

3 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Hamm is saying that A&M is backing off Hornsby. Who knows what's actually happening, but that recruitment doesn't appear to be a slam dunk anymore for them.

He's looked really meh in camps/7v7 recently. Combined with Mom and associated handlers angling for a payday and they might have actually backed off.

36 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Who in particular are you talking about? I don't think Demas is going to flip, I think he's sold on them for whatever reason, just like Jaylon Jones and Leal last year.

nobody in particular.  It seems like it happens a LOT though with soph and jr players and they change their sr year. 

Edit: also, Demas was 80% CB to Texas, 20 to aggy last week. 

Edited by markstanco
ou sucks

Just now, ClubWhatever said:

I swear not 6 weeks ago they were calling him better than Vince young or some bull shit like ‘at.  

Whoever they get will be better than Vincent Paul Young Jr.  And whoever they don't get won't be.  Duh.

10 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I swear not 6 weeks ago they were calling him better than Vince young or some bull shit like ‘at.  

this one? 

There is nobody in the country with more upside than Hornsby.

Aside from the red flags with handlers/coaches/mom drama, etc ...   Hornsby finally measured/tested somewhere and he was barely over 6'1" 168 pounds had 4.74 40 and a freaking 4.51 shuttle and 28 inch vert. 

Like a lot of guys with early ranking and hype the numbers that were being sold (ht/wt/40) were horseshit. 

He was billed as 6'3" and a 4.5 guy. He is not. 

Edited by golfclap

3 hours ago, Machinator said:

Hamm is saying that A&M is backing off Hornsby. Who knows what's actually happening, but that recruitment doesn't appear to be a slam dunk anymore for them.

The Hill being lit 🔥🔥🔥 is what's happening

D02P4mUW0AEJBHz.jpg

D02P54AWkAAbfRk.jpg

Edited by Viper
needed more lit

5 minutes ago, Updawg said:

Why did they let Brewster get away, it seems like a big loss? Did he just want to get the hell out of college station I assume ?

He didn't want to go in the 1st place. Tried to get on the staffs at both Texas and OU before settling for a million and College Station.

4 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Yeah, I almost believe him on this one. Hornsby has fast become not worth what his recruitment will cost, both figuratively and literally.

Yup. I'm interested to watch that recruitment because he's acting like a top 10 type recruit when his value is probably a mid 4 star type. 

Edited by texasstrong12

10 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Yup. I'm interested to watch that recruitment because he's acting like a top 10 type recruit when his value is probably a mid 4 star type. 

I’ve been saying that he’ll eventually barely be clinging to the 4th star and may lose it altogether. He’s a top 100 player in Texas, but he’s not a top 50 guy. 

• Like 2