The Senate Trial of Donald J Trump 2020

tx 3 putt

3 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

I think my next wedding toast will be "may you both be so successful that your children will be able to trade on your name to get lucrative positions on boards of directors."

Does the bar allow you to advise people to commit felonies? What you're describing is punishable by up to five years in jail.

https://www.oge.gov/Web/oge.nsf/Resources/18+U.S.C.+§+208:+Acts+affecting+a+personal+financial+interest

http://ms.fd.org/sites/ms.fd.org/files/uploaded-files/cja-resources/files/maxpenaltie2.pdf

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/208

• Fuck You 1

After the sham trial is over, and once Bernie or whomever is President, they should instantly announce they are withholding aid to every foreign country until that country investigates any Republican with ties to that country.  Aid will only be restored to countries whose investigations yield jail time for Republicans. 

Since that is getting a rubber stamp now and all. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

impeachment removes trump from the ballot?

If the vote to convict passes, there’s a second vote to prevent him from running for office again. If I remember correctly that second vote is only a majority and not 2/3 like the vote for removal but I’m not super confident about that 

12 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

It's Trump's America, so anything goes now.  Moose out front should have told you.

3 hours ago, elfenix said:

what am i seeing about trump waiving privilege by tweet? 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2020/01/27/trump-waived-executive-privilege-when-he-called-bolton-liar/

By Barbara McQuade 
Barbara McQuade is a law professor at the University of Michigan Law School and the former U.S. attorney for the Eastern District of Michigan.

Trump waived executive privilege when he called Bolton a liar

If the Senate decides to summon the former national security adviser, the president won’t have much recourse left.

.......But now, the executive privilege argument is no longer available. Trump’s tweets directly denying the substance of Bolton’s reported allegations waive any privilege that might have protected them from public disclosure. Privilege is meant to keep a president’s secrets confidential. If the president reveals those secrets or publicly discusses the conversations himself, there is no longer any need to protect them from disclosure.

Now that Trump has accused Bolton of lying about their communications, the time has come to put Bolton under oath and see what he has to say.

source.gif

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

This graphic is the single greatest thing I've seen in a year, and I saw . . . well, whatever . . . it's still incomprehensibly stupid:

EPVArbFXsAIhZid?format=png&name=small

Imo, they missed a golden opportunity to draw the satanist sigil with Bolton’s mugshot in the middle. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

This graphic is the single greatest thing I've seen in a year, and I saw . . . well, whatever . . . it's still incomprehensibly stupid:

Imo, they missed a golden opportunity to draw the satanist sigil with Bolton’s mugshot in the middle. 

6 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

LOFL at all those lines, and yet there not being a link between the identical fucking twins.

I love the idea that it purportedly shows Romney's muddled ties to Bolton, and there is a direct link from Romney to Bolton.  WTF are all those other dudes doing there?  (Don't answer.)

2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

No, no.

Before masterminding Benghazi, Bolton privately met Hillary at Comet Pizza to set up Hillary's server.  And on the side, served as the accountant for the Clinton Foundation, while simultaneously receiving $115,000 per month personal services fee from George Soros.

Left out some info.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

You know the graphics person pushed back that this communicated nothing to the audience and the producer told him/her to just do because Lou wants it.

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

While we laugh at it there’s something a little different going on there as far a intimidating Bolton and Romney.  The message is simple, “Betray Dear Leader, and we will destroy you with our propaganda machines.  Just like we destroyed Comey.”

Since you are drawing out parallels. Like Comey, Bolton’s leaks are well timed to convert book sales. Amazon launches presale page at same time as NYT piece, presales already cracking top 15 at last check. 

But that Ernst video after the hearing, though. Wow, the giddiness was off the charts. I'm thinking that Iowa KAG rally on Thursday is going to be crazy if the trial ends before that. Is she flying back for that? Like every other person on the planet, she has a book coming out in May. “Daughter of the Heartland: My Ode to the Country That Raised Me.” Hope she thanks the American taxpayers who are paying for her brazen stupidity. I can applaud her service in Kuwait and Iraq, but perhaps she should not have drunk the Trump-ade.

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

While we laugh at it there’s something a little different going on there as far a intimidating Bolton and Romney.  The message is simple, “Betray Dear Leader, and we will destroy you with our propaganda machines.  Just like we destroyed Comey.”

Since you are drawing out parallels. Like Comey, Bolton’s leaks are well timed to convert book sales. Amazon launches presale page at same time as NYT piece, presales already cracking top 15 at last check. 

• Like 1