Michael Cohen Investigation

DanTheHorn

2 hours ago, TahoeHorn said:

Somebody needs to go to jail, especially if the SAR was removed from the FINCEN database when it should not have been.  If it was removed properly the leaker should be in trouble.

It's funny, they lack a smoking gun until one presents itself....alas, had it only been Hillary.  

I still can't believe that this guy hasn't been fully thrashed and thrown under the bus by every Republican operative and Trump circle member. I figured there would be a coordinated distancing happening 24/7 by all the usual suspects on TV/other garbage online conservative rags. I know Trump said something about him just doing a bit of legal work for him, but I'm envisioning a more thorough trashing coming soon. 

What do you call it when you've spent the last couple hours thinking about a smoking .38 special you saw and then someone shows you an empty ICBM silo with scorch marks and flaming grass around the hole? It's going to have the word Trump in it from now on. 

1 minute ago, Pods said:

What do you call it when you've spent the last couple hours thinking about a smoking .38 special you saw and then someone shows you an empty ICBM silo with scorch marks and flaming grass around the hole? It's going to have the word Trump in it from now on. 

Dude you should lay off the hard shit lol. You're getting a little Strangelove -y

5 minutes ago, Pods said:

Felix Sater has entered the ring. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/michael-cohens-efforts-build-trump-tower-moscow-went-longer-previously-acknowledged-232845349.html

Michael Cohen's efforts to build a Trump Tower in Moscow went on longer than he has previously acknowledged

But someone said there was this one time earlier today where everyone said the same thing until Tuco pointed out that, yet again, that wasn't true. 

17 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Dude you should lay off the hard shit lol. You're getting a little Strangelove -y

An anger prone Kardashian-wanna-be imbecile has the nuclear codes. What me worry?

I'll try with an iceberg metaphor instead. 

This is one of MANY doors Sater can open up for Mueller. We pretty much knew that Sater is cooperating and testifying with statements that directly contradict Cohen, but now we also know he has a paper trail. 

This is just the tip of the iceberg that Sater represents, but it's the first official confirmation the iceberg is real and the boat is definitely going to hit it.

The question is, how bad? Sater knows a lot of stuff about the Trump operation that are completely unrelated to Mueller, but the incoming NY AG is going to be super interested in. Now we know there is written evidence.  

Edited by Pods

3 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

2018 - The Year of Ronan Farrow

Distracting side note - The Beatles' most excellent song 'Dear Prudence' was written about his aunt Prudence Farrow. Who strangely at one point in time was in a 3 year affair with serial murderer millionaire Robert Durst from the documentary series 'The Jinx'.  He also happens to be the uncle of Limp Bizkit's Fred Durst.

That's all I got. Carry on.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JohnnyRage said:

Distracting side note - The Beatles' most excellent song 'Dear Prudence' was written about his aunt Prudence Farrow. Who strangely at one point in time was in a 3 year affair with serial murderer millionaire Robert Durst from the documentary series 'The Jinx'.  He also happens to be the uncle of Limp Bizkit's Fred Durst.

Not sure that Fred Durst is related to the Durst family in NYC.   Or are you saying Ronan is the uncle to Fred durst? 

Semi Cohen related:

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/ATT-Met-With-Ajit-Pai-in-Barcelona-Shortly-After-Cohen-Payment-141844

Last week, AT&T apologized for for its "serious misjudgment" in hiring US President Donald Trump’s personal attorney Michael Cohen to provide “insights” into how the new administration would handle issues like net neutrality and AT&T’s proposed merger with Time Warner Cable. Ultimately, the $600,000 AT&T paid Cohen for said insights became such a scandal, the company was forced to fire its top policy and lobbying man Bob Quinn, despite the fact that such behavior is arguably routine at the Dallas-based telecom giant.

While AT&T would obviously like to move on from the scandal, watchdogs and several lawmakers would like to see the issue explored in more detail.

New scheduling documents obtained through FOIA by corruption watchdog American Oversight show the Chairman met with with top AT&T executives at a private dinner in Barcelona a month after the company began paying Cohen.

“A private dinner between Chairman Pai and an AT&T executive who hired Michael Cohen to influence the president doesn’t reflect well on the impartiality of the FCC," said American Oversight Director Austin Evers in a statement. "Pai should disclose exactly what was discussed at the dinner and who organized the meeting. Did Michael Cohen set up a dinner where AT&T executives tried to sway a member of the president’s administration on policy that affects the company?"

"We can’t know for sure until Pai tells the whole story," the group proclaimed. "The FCC has some serious explaining to do."

Given that Pai is arguably ultra-cozy with the industry he's supposed to be holding accountable, it's entirely possible that meeting would have happened anyway. But the group still believes that the company and Ajit Pai should be more transparent about the meeting, especially given the laundry list of favors (from gutting net neutrality to killing consumer privacy protections) that have rained down upon AT&T since Trump picked Pai to head the agency.

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, JohnnyRage said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prudence_Farrow

14 hours ago, kevwun said:

I hope for his sake he somehow confirmed that Mueller didn't have them pulled or he just did his own version of Pickett's Charge.

That was the speculation on Chris Hayes last night, that Mueller wanted to keep them out of public view. But that's all it was; no apparent facts to back it up.

Just now, Pig Bellmont said:

I’ve got a feeling these missing SARs will be a bigger scandal than Watergate. 

Unrelated, I’m at a conference with some counsel from Novartis... given their GC’s resignation yesterday, let’s just say it’s a little awkward 

You should offer to advise them on healthcare, at a new, rock bottom rate price of $800k per meeting.  You'd probably be more qualified than their last consultant.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Unrelated, I’m at a conference with some counsel from Novartis... given their GC’s resignation yesterday, let’s just say it’s a little awkward 

you should spproach. "hey, for a cool $150k, i can inform your company about what a corrupt nutter the president is...that's way below market, right?"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I’m no banker but my instinct tells me that SARs somehow “gone missin” might be a very big deal indeed. 

17 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I’m no banker but my instinct tells me that SARs somehow “gone missin” might be a very big deal indeed. 

If it involved someone within the Treasury Department then it will be very easily. 

So to recap:

Right now the two working theories on the SARS "disappearance" are (I am asking, not telling):

Treasury/DOJ limited access to them or out right removed them from the database due to sensitivity or perhaps to preserve them as a "gotcha" for later. I assume if this is the case then proper channels were used and the is nothing sinister about this other than the leaker putting it out there. Or perhaps improper channels were used.

Some other party, presumably in the camp of Cohen/Trump with authority or pull, limited the access or out right removed them from the database. 

In either case it would seem really difficult to pull this off without preexisting authority to do so or some kind of official permission trail.

20 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

So to recap:

Right now the two working theories on the SARS "disappearance" are (I am asking, not telling):

Treasury/DOJ limited access to them or out right removed them from the database due to sensitivity or perhaps to preserve them as a "gotcha" for later. I assume if this is the case then proper channels were used and the is nothing sinister about this other than the leaker putting it out there. Or perhaps improper channels were used.

Some other party, presumably in the camp of Cohen/Trump with authority or pull, limited the access or out right removed them from the database. 

In either case it would seem really difficult to pull this off without preexisting authority to do so or some kind of official permission trail.

No one he talked to is aware of a procedure to do this, or a person authorized to do so. No one knows of this ever happening in the past. There must be something monumental in there for this to have been removed by Mueller/SDNY etc. 

If someone at Treasury deleted them. That is by itself one of the biggest scandals in history. 

This is huge either way. 

Edited by Pods
There's no way Ronan isn't Frank Sinatra's son. It's patently obvious.

Just now, Tuco said:

Maybe, but I'm not sure it would make a top 5 list for the Trump presidency.

Nope. The spin will be... 'The Treasury Department is an Executive branch, so Trump can order them to do whatever he wants to'. 

Responding to pods...

It depends on how far up the totem pole it goes. For it to be a scandal of epic proportions, it would have to lead all the back to Trump.  Even if Muchin somehow ordered it, it's still a second tier scandal.  If it was mid level Trumpster who felt he needed to defend the GOP, it will be a minor footnote. 

Edited by Tuco

37 minutes ago, Pods said:

No one he talked to is aware of a procedure to do this, or a person authorized to do so. No one knows of this ever happening in the past. There must be something monumental in there for this to have been removed by Mueller/SDNY etc. 

If someone at Treasury deleted them. That is by itself one of the biggest scandals in history. 

This is huge either way. 

I'm guessing sealed court order at Mueller's behest and the leaker fucked up. 

Just now, Pig Bellmont said:

We have to withhold judgment. No one in this administration deserves the benefit of the doubt. 

Hey my opinion has no consequences.  But IMO there's no way DOTUS has already corrupted enough of Treasury to accomplish what that would require.   And if he did, they would have deleted all three SARS for Cohen.   They wouldn't have left one that refers back to the other two.   This was an act outside normal procedures of specific scope.   Reeks of court order. 

7 minutes ago, Chooky said:

It's stunning how brazen Mexican immigrants were about deleting banking activity from the Treasury Department's database.  Animals! 

No doubt they're using a hacked prerelease of Microsoft 13 Windows.

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

If Avenatti has found 2 other whores ladies who claim payoffs by Trump, and Trump didn't disclose them in yesterday's financial documents . . . and Mueller has evidence from the FBI's raid of Cohen's office . . . uh oh.

The White House Ethics Office found that Trump should have disclosed the payment, but did not. Those are signed under penalty of perjury. They referred it to Rosenstein for possible prosecution. 

We will find out Trump also didn't report other payments. Did he disclose Karen McDougal?