Michael Cohen Investigation

DanTheHorn

3 minutes ago, R2D2 said:

Fuck you.

^ perfect. that's the kind of brevity he was talking about. 

Edited by Pods
Damn dude, you managed to squeeze another shitpost in while I was typing this.
  • Like 1

Tell that to every other poster. I don't want to read their stupid thoughts unless i completely agree with them.

Also, I'm gonna need the power to edit your posts.

Edited by R2D2
  • Fuck You 4

Purg, we should make a thread where you can go town with your verbal diarrhea stream of consciousness. We usdd to have douchebag central for this sort of thing at the old place. You need that thread so you don't clog up the dialogue  and worse, create a bunch of scolding posters. Stay concise in the threads, man and be a solid contributer. Don't devolve within a thread. Ok? Somebody start the douchebag central thread please. Purg, it is the only way you won't have to create new handles every fucking 2 weeks. We can crowd source now...-100 buys you a permaban.

Edited by burntorangebongos
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, R2D2 said:

Trump is panicking now. He knows he's doomed and is playing desperate don't flip pardon cards now, which have no bearing in the NY case.

I hope he's eventually prosecuted out of NY, like a 9/11 terrorist.

I've always dreamed that officers O'Flannery and Jones of the DC police would just kick in the door of the White House and haul him out of there like a crack bust in the projects. 

I had never heard the Michael Cohen taped threats.   Listening to him certainly reinforced my opinion of this guy as a bully.   Perfect for the Trump way of doing business.

It also gives some insight into others like Caputo who still defend these turds.

The link allows you to listen and read along with the transcripts if you want.  It also has certain areas marked throughout the 7 plus minute report.

https://www.npr.org/2018/05/31/615843930/listen-how-michael-cohen-protects-trump-by-making-legal-threats

I get the feeling that Cohen always suspected Trump would throw him under the bus, so he kept all this stuff, made all these tapes to 1) protect himself, and/or 2) use them as leverage against others he was trying to influence on behalf of trump.  As in getting them to say something they could later be blackmailed for.

Now he has to decide can, if or will trump pardon him if he doesn't flip.  I think the mindset of the legal teams doing the investigating, they want as much dirt as they can get, especially that material that could lead to charges the cheeto in charge can't issue a pardon for. 

The pic they chose for the article has that dead eye quality and smugness to it that a lot of cohen pics don't.  

ap_18140435966088_wide-9a61f828cae574e6c

17 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

You don't think he can request/subpoena documents from either Cohen or the government?  His and his client's claims have about zero to do as far as common questions of law or fact with the case between Cohen and the government over an overbroad search warrant.  If it were actually important to his client, he'd agree to STFU and get in the case, no?

Not if his primary case is stayed, which it has been.  It's real easy to see why he'd want to get in on this case if docs/tapes regarding his client's case are at issue.  His client can claim the government doesn't need to know about settlement negotiations and that as you say, the government's search was overreaching.  

I don't disagree that he was trying to keep himself in the headlines though.  The prudent course would have been to get an in-the-know local to assist.  Which may've happened, I don't know.

2 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

I had never heard the Michael Cohen taped threats.   Listening to him certainly reinforced my opinion of this guy as a bully.   Perfect for the Trump way of doing business.

It also gives some insight into others like Caputo who still defend these turds.

The link allows you to listen and read along with the transcripts if you want.  It also has certain areas marked throughout the 7 plus minute report.

https://www.npr.org/2018/05/31/615843930/listen-how-michael-cohen-protects-trump-by-making-legal-threats

I get the feeling that Cohen always suspected Trump would throw him under the bus, so he kept all this stuff, made all these tapes to 1) protect himself, and/or 2) use them as leverage against others he was trying to influence on behalf of trump.  As in getting them to say something they could later be blackmailed for.

Now he has to decide can, if or will trump pardon him if he doesn't flip.  I think the mindset of the legal teams doing the investigating, they want as much dirt as they can get, especially that material that could lead to charges the cheeto in charge can't issue a pardon for. 

The pic they chose for the article has that dead eye quality and smugness to it that a lot of cohen pics don't.  

ap_18140435966088_wide-9a61f828cae574e6c

People like this make me ragey.

Reminds me of one of my favorite lines from Open Range.

017fb29662387a355e6d17a56dfe083e.jpg

25 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

I don't disagree that he was trying to keep himself in the headlines though.  The prudent course would have been to get an in-the-know local to assist.  Which may've happened, I don't know.

Both happened, the latter confirmed.

I'm beginning to think Cohen recorded as much as he did (i.e. the Tim Mak threats) to play back for Trump if the orange turd ever doubted he had followed through on some order.   Maybe Trump never heard all the tapes, but Cohen kept them as proof to the dotard that he had indeed done the bully threats as directed.    I don't really understand why he would keep something like that, unless he liked to listen to his greatest hits while he diddled himself. 

Edited by pyrohornIII
way too many Trumps

The Trump pardon won't work for state crimes.  I have to believe that if he plays the Trump pardon card it will piss the state prosecutors off to eleven.

And what are they going to do about it? Have him arrested?

That’s the problem. The rule of law only exists if you can subject people to it. It’s over, man. It’s over. And you helped it happen. Congrats.

"That said, Attorney Davidson is very happy that he has filed this lawsuit because he strongly believes that the filing constitutes a full and complete waiver of the attorney-client privilege," Wedge said in a statement.

I'm not sure his license is really worth much anyway.  Even assuming he managed to retain it, who would hire this guy. 

3 hours ago, Tuco said:

I'm not sure his license is really worth much anyway.  Even assuming he managed to retain it, who would hire this guy. 

I'm also not entirely sure how filing a lawsuit waives attorney client privilege. Sure, it can be used in the lawsuit against the attorney (but the attorney already has it, so I'm not sure anything is really waived other than any argument against admissibility), but it sure as shit doesn't waive it as to the whole world.  That would be insane. 

1 hour ago, Dahobbs said:

I'm also not entirely sure how filing a lawsuit waives attorney client privilege. Sure, it can be used in the lawsuit against the attorney (but the attorney already has it, so I'm not sure anything is really waived other than any argument against admissibility), but it sure as shit doesn't waive it as to the whole world.  That would be insane. 

Well maybe not completely, as to all things, but as to the claims and defenses in the litigation, absolutely, and once a/c privilege is gone, it's gone forever.

California Evidence Code § 958 states that, “There is no privilege … as to a communication to an issue of breach, by the lawyer or by the client, of a duty arising out of the lawyer-client relationship.” Said differently, if you assert that your attorney breached a duty they owed to you, they cannot be prevented from disclosing otherwise confidential protected under the attorney-client privilege needed to defend against your claim. Evidence Code § 958 is not limited to cases dealing with legal malpractice or fees, but it can be limited in certain types of legal proceedings.

51 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well maybe not completely, as to all things, but as to the claims and defenses in the litigation, absolutely, and once a/c privilege is gone, it's gone forever.

Right, against that claim. It doesnt waive privilege as to unrelated parties and I am pretty sure you could seal proceedings in the lawsuit to protect the privilege. The rule is entirely keeping with my argument, as it says there is no privilege, meaning the privilege does not exist as between an attorney and his/her client.  Nothing is waived because no privilege exists. But it would still exist as to disclosures to third parties. 

Edited by Dahobbs

I find it hilarious that Trump is such a little bitch that he sent Cohen to tell Melania about the Stormy Daniels story.

That does leave the possibility that Avenatti could ask Melania to testify, but I doubt he will. It will be interesting enough to have Cohen, Trump and Hannity testify. And hopefully the judge will order that the missing documents from Davidson be turned over.

4 hours ago, RayDog said:

That does leave the possibility that Avenatti could ask Melania to testify, 

Judge:  "Do you solemnly (swear/affirm) that you will tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth"

Melanie:  "Be best."

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

There's an image I could've done without.

Now you can all enjoy it!

"Too bad Ivanka's not strutting around with her tits out,"  said Chad.

Was her boob job better than her step-step-mom's? Because of they're that boxy then maybe it's best to keep them under wraps. 

Didn't even Giuliani say that when the federal prosecutors are after you to plea and testify, almost everyone takes the deal.

And Dershowitz had repeatedly said that he thought Trump's major exposure was business dealings in the past, if there was any issues there.  How many people don't think something something must have went on during Trump's long career in NYC and international real estate.