What would you do if the US Treasury sent you $1,000

Wally Fairway

7 hours ago, ztejas said:

Got mine yesterday. Keeping most of it in the bank. Some will probably go towards cc debt. The whole thing will go towards rent if I get laid off. 

I did treat myself to an 8ball though. 

Mostly conservative, a little bit of flash. 

I like the cut of your jib, sir.

Good Day!

16 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

I’m getting it as well, and it’s because I’m 1099.   I’m also up in the air on PPP app right now since I filed it last week but haven’t heard if I made the cut or not.  Yay.  

I'm also 1099 and am at status not available. Is there anything I need to do on my end? I've looked, but fuck. 

On 4/16/2020 at 9:13 AM, Rusty Shackelford said:

What would you do if the US Treasury sent you $2,000/month?

Representatives Tim Ryan and Ro Khanna Introduce Legislation to Send Americans Additional Cash Payments

https://timryan.house.gov/media/press-releases/representatives-tim-ryan-and-ro-khanna-introduce-legislation-send-americans

Tired of you poors taking my all money.  Stop being poor.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BBQ2Bayou said:

I'm also 1099 and am at status not available. Is there anything I need to do on my end? I've looked, but fuck. 

I'm not 1099, but am still getting status not available. And from everything I've read now that they are updating more info, there's nothing I can do. It seems likely I did not get a direct deposit because I have to pay every year rather than get a refund. They have my bank account info because they draft from my account every month to pay out my installment agreement, but, in their infinite wisdom, they will not deposit into the account they have on file to withdraw from. "Get My Payment" theoretically allows you to enter bank account info, but I have never received that option. I cannot call them to figure this out for sure, of course, so they will probably send me a paper check. Unfortunately, I moved last year, so the address on my 2018 taxes is not current. That is where they will send the money because I haven't filed for 2019 yet. But you can't just update your address with them - the only way they will do that is through filing for 2019, which I am not going to do because they're not due now until July 15 and I will owe money (see above). Basically, I have no idea where it is or when or how I'll get it.

tl;dr The IRS sucks.

Not available for me as well, so who knows when it will come.

We fit in just under the income threshold but will only get credit for one child, the other turned 17 last year.

I saw for those who paid, if unable to update direct deposit via the portal, the wait will likely be until September. That seems a bit egregious but whatever.

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, formermav43 said:

I'm not 1099, but am still getting status not available. And from everything I've read now that they are updating more info, there's nothing I can do. It seems likely I did not get a direct deposit because I have to pay every year rather than get a refund. They have my bank account info because they draft from my account every month to pay out my installment agreement, but, in their infinite wisdom, they will not deposit into the account they have on file to withdraw from. "Get My Payment" theoretically allows you to enter bank account info, but I have never received that option. I cannot call them to figure this out for sure, of course, so they will probably send me a paper check. Unfortunately, I moved last year, so the address on my 2018 taxes is not current. That is where they will send the money because I haven't filed for 2019 yet. But you can't just update your address with them - the only way they will do that is through filing for 2019, which I am not going to do because they're not due now until July 15 and I will owe money (see above). Basically, I have no idea where it is or when or how I'll get it.

tl;dr The IRS sucks.

Alright, that's the response I was looking for. I'm going through the same thing, even though I was 1099. I owed for 2018 so I set up an automatic withdrawal from my checking, but yeah, guess they can't just reverse engineer that brain buster. I also moved from where I was when I filed 2018 and have also waited on 2019 because of the extension. 

I'm alright money wise to wait, I just want to know if I'm getting it. Because when I say alright, I don't mean I have no money worries at all right now.  

22 minutes ago, BBQ2Bayou said:

Alright, that's the response I was looking for. I'm going through the same thing, even though I was 1099. I owed for 2018 so I set up an automatic withdrawal from my checking, but yeah, guess they can't just reverse engineer that brain buster. I also moved from where I was when I filed 2018 and have also waited on 2019 because of the extension. 

I'm alright money wise to wait, I just want to know if I'm getting it. Because when I say alright, I don't mean I have no money worries at all right now.  

I’m in the same boat, man. I’m fine waiting. The frustrating thing is the opaque process, not knowing where it is, when it’s coming, how it’s coming, and not being able to get direct answers.

I feel really bad for people in our situation who need that money NOW.

Edited by formermav43

On 3/19/2020 at 6:52 PM, Shut up Lou Holtz said:

Wife and I are out of job because of this shit. So we will use it to pay a mortgage payment. Fucking sucks. Aaaaaaand the wife is pregnant. At least I have beer....

The CARES act, I read anyway, has some forbearance plan for FHA loans in it.  I want to say up to a year in 90 day intervals.  Might be worth looking into.

I filed 2018 taxes but not 2019, yet.  Stimulus money posted to checking account on April 15.  

To all that have not received your stimulus yet I may offer some hope.

Until today I would receive the, "Payment Status Not Available" message when checking on the IRS website.

Finally today I got confirmation that I will receive a payment via direct deposit on 4/22/20.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Somnio said:

To all that have not received your stimulus yet I may offer some hope.

Until today I would receive the, "Payment Status Not Available" message when checking on the IRS website.

Finally today I got confirmation that I will receive a payment via direct deposit on 4/22/20.

Yeah, I’m still status quo 

On 4/16/2020 at 1:37 PM, Hawndoh said:

Animal Crossing's release caused a shortage of Nintendo Switch consoles.

And resellers.  Sigh. 

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/bvgqp3/nintendo-switch-check-out-bots-shortage

Instead, developers are creating dedicated tools to automatically buy Switches from stores when they come back in stock, and before others get a chance to. Motherboard has traced some of the bulk Switch buying to a community revolving around a new, particular bot. 

Bird Bot fits into this space, performing many of the same tasks as a sneaker bot, but for Switches from Walmart and Best Buy. Nate told Motherboard the bot was designed for buying Switches, but it can work for other items from the stores too. And although many of the fashion-focused bots can cost hundreds of dollars to even buy in the first place, Nate made Bird Bot free, meaning anyone can download it and have a go at sourcing consoles.

On 4/16/2020 at 8:54 PM, atomheartbevo said:

He only needs $30 worth of ramen to make it 10 weeks.

Then I'm in great shape. By my figuring my stimulus check will be somewhere between $50 and $75, if they can even get it to me. Last year had to pay so they dont have my DD info and I've moved since filing 2018 and haven't done 2019 taxes. No faith in the postal service to forward our check after almost 10 months. At least my son got his $1200 the other day. 

On 4/16/2020 at 8:54 PM, atomheartbevo said:

He only needs $30 worth of ramen to make it 10 weeks.

Damn straight.  I'll always wonder how people don't understand that infatuation with money doesn't always translate into dealing with real life.  

The lot of you show me where I brag about earthly possessions, including ramen noodles.  

11 hours ago, Lobo said:

Damn straight.  I'll always wonder how people don't understand that infatuation with money doesn't always translate into dealing with real life.  

The lot of you show me where I brag about earthly possessions, including ramen noodles.  

Mattresses and their requisite scales excepted, of course.

6 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

Anybody else still getting "Payment Status Not Available"? I'm starting to think this isn't going to happen for us. Filed our 2019 taxes about 8 days ago so I would think it would be on file by now. 

Yup. I filed April 6. Self employed, so I didn't get a refund and they don't have my direct deposit info on file. I'm deeply concerned that I'm going to have to wait until all the checks go out and I don't get one before the IRS will even begin to look into my stimulus status. Qualify under the married filing jointly category.

Look on the bright side, with everybody else being so stimulated right now the price of hookers and blow is probably thru the roof. Come September you'll be able to get 2 girls at the same time for the price of one.

Edited by El Diablo

7 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

Yup. I filed April 6. Self employed, so I didn't get a refund and they don't have my direct deposit info on file. I'm deeply concerned that I'm going to have to wait until all the checks go out and I don't get one before the IRS will even begin to look into my stimulus status. Qualify under the married filing jointly category.

Same story here except my wife is the self-employed one. We've had to pay for years. I wonder if the fact that we've had to pay has pushed people in our situation down the list. 

4 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

Same story here except my wife is the self-employed one. We've had to pay for years. I wonder if the fact that we've had to pay has pushed people in our situation down the list. 

Not only down the list, but the closer you are to the stimulus cutoff, the later you will get your check. Those who made 10k or less are having their check mailed this week. Then every week is the next 10k bracket. For example, individuals who are just under the cap at $70k have to wait until mid June before their check is mailed out.

1 minute ago, Eastwood said:

Not only down the list, but the closer you are to the stimulus cutoff, the later you will get your check. Those who made 10k or less are having their check mailed this week. Then every week is the next 10k bracket. For example, individuals who are just under the cap at $70k have to wait until mid June before their check is mailed out.

I thought the whole point of the portal on the IRS website was so you could avoid waiting for the check, though. 

1 minute ago, LurkingHorn said:

I thought the whole point of the portal on the IRS website was so you could avoid waiting for the check, though. 

It is... If it worked. As of this morning, I am "Payment Status Not Available." It only updates overnight, so I have to wait until tomorrow morning to check again.

We filed 2019 a couple of days after the stimulus went official, and for some reason I can't e file and I've spent hours on the phone trying to get them to figure out why, so we mail in our returns like grandparents.  Waiting for a paper check and I am pretty sure we will be the last one mailed out.

Edited by Gene Parmesan

2 hours ago, LurkingHorn said:

Anybody else still getting "Payment Status Not Available"? I'm starting to think this isn't going to happen for us. Filed our 2019 taxes about 8 days ago so I would think it would be on file by now. 

Given the age of the systems involved, and the fact that they were already queuing up payments before you filed your 2019 taxes, I doubt it's processed your 2019 taxes, so it's probably going off of your 2018.  I forgot the cutoff, but you had to have filed your 2019 taxes before a certain date in order to have it influence the stimulus check.

So whatever was going on with your 2018 taxes, and whether you had direct deposit setup then, is what matters.

2 hours ago, LurkingHorn said:

Yes, my guess is July/August timeframe I will have to call and then get a check mailed.

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Given the age of the systems involved, and the fact that they were already queuing up payments before you filed your 2019 taxes, I doubt it's processed your 2019 taxes, so it's probably going off of your 2018.  I forgot the cutoff, but you had to have filed your 2019 taxes before a certain date in order to have it influence the stimulus check.

So whatever was going on with your 2018 taxes, and whether you had direct deposit setup then, is what matters.

Normally that wouldn't be an issue, but we've moved so I was making sure they had our proper address on file. They said the only way to do that was to file 2019 taxes. Check is going to be the same amount for us either way. 

I was  finally able to set up direct deposit today. A few days ago, it finally changed from "payment status not available" to stating that my information did not match what they had on file. After trying different combinations over the last couple of days (and getting locked out on the 3rd try), it accepted it today - I had to spell out my whole address, no abbreviations at all. So keep trying, it might eventually work.

• Like 2