College Football in 2020 in danger?

The_Great_Hornsby

8 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

Imagine if the Golden State killer was a Golden State Warrior assistant coach. Then, Luke Walton witnesses him in the act, and for reasons, reports it to Steve Kerr. Steve Kerr then reports it to authorities. Why would the Golden State Killer not be arrested immediately, let alone, travel with the team and use their facilities? So fucked up on so many levels.

College and high school sports really is in an existential crisis right now, not just starting with this COVID mess. The amateur/olympic model does not fit with the money involved. And ethics and priorities of universities are skewed.

Dude, it's been said before, these kids aren't paid players, why do you keep using the pros to compare?

7 hours ago, Skipper said:

OU must think Rattler needs more time.  That's the only thing that makes sense.

Watch QB1 with Rattler, kid is a head case.  "Nothing nobody says about me means anything to me".  You know who says that?  Someone who does.

34 minutes ago, Bartles said:

They had to do that. Can't ask these guys/girls to endure all this shit with no reward. Next year will be messy either way, with high school kids not having full seasons, etc.

Yeah but none of the high school kids can stay back, unless you were talking about the kids in Louisiana...

Yep. Just what I expected. “Idk  high school and college football really shouldn’t happen. Wayyy too dangerous of an environment for em. Idk what (insert governor or that one guy that doesn’t even pretend to be president) could’ve done 

then immediate “AGHHH STOP MIXING THE TWO!!!! ITS NOT LIKE ITS PUBLIC EDUCATION OR ANYTHING! THIS IS ABOUT ME WATCHING SPORTS AND THOSE THUGS SHOULD JUST SHUT UP AND PLAY! But I was very impressed with the way Tom Brady handled that! Didn’t give anything to the opponent all while dancing around a political issue!!!”

you fuckers bitched when costas expresses his hate for guns or that evil, traitor Kaep. Just shut up and play!!!! 

After years of right wingers shouting down any protest but still doing the National fuckin anthem. 

STOP BRINGING IN POLITICS!!!! THEYRE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!!!!

Fucking moronic meatheads   

• Fuck You 21

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Oh honey you wish we were having some kind of conversation 

spacer.png

Well, one, I am pretty certain you could tell that my reference to us having a "nice" conversation meant the entire idea was tongue-in-cheek. 

Two, I would be concerned about the mental welfare of anyone who "hated" me over anything I've posted here, precisely because none of it's important enough to warrant that. I wasn't under the assumption you hated me.

8 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Yep. Just what I expected. “Idk  high school and college football really shouldn’t happen. Wayyy too dangerous of an environment for em. Idk what (insert governor or that one guy that doesn’t even pretend to be president) could’ve done 

then immediate “AGHHH STOP MIXING THE TWO!!!! ITS NOT LIKE ITS PUBLIC EDUCATION OR ANYTHING! THIS IS ABOUT ME WATCHING SPORTS AND THOSE THUGS SHOULD JUST SHUT UP AND PLAY! But I was very impressed with the way Tom Brady handled that! Didn’t give anything to the opponent all while dancing around a political issue!!!”

you fuckers bitched when costas expresses his hate for guns or that evil, traitor Kaep. Just shut up and play!!!! 

After years of right wingers shouting down any protest but still doing the National fuckin anthem. 

61927414.jpg

What exactly are you fussing about? Is it nap time? Do you need to go potty?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, Don Johnson said:

Wait....what?  Seniors could play a full season and then just come back?

This would make sense for the sports that the NCAA cancelled their championship, aka all sports but fbs foot.  You Want to give the kids who stuck it out and looked towards their senior season a chance at a championship.  

If it does apply for football I wonder if teams would consider fielding "JV" teams.  Get all the guys redshirting, running 3rd or 4th team or walk ons some live action.  Put that shit in LHN.  

The Big 12′s call could have headed a similar direction without Ackerman’s perspective. If it had, any semblance of a 2020 fall season would have been dead.

Ackerman won’t be attending games in Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium or Bryant-Denny Stadium anytime soon. But if there are any games played inside those stadiums this fall, he’ll be one of the reasons why.

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2020/08/how-a-cardiologist-may-have-saved-the-college-football-season.html

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Xian said:

This could be really good for us. Sam isn’t Likely to be drafted that high. Maybe he loves the game enough for a super senior season.   

Sam will definitely stay to try and compete in a regular season. 

Unless this shit doesn't get canned and we run the table and win some sort of thrown together postseason game 

4 hours ago, Fletch said:

You've gone off the deep end, to such a degree that you reminded me there was an ignore option and inspired me to use it.   Also, you negged me twice; for agreeing with you and for math, which is just being a douchenoodle and hurtful to numbers.   Save that for posts like above.   

tenor.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

If college football had just pulled itself up by its bootstraps and had a six-month emergency savings, they wouldn't be staring down the barrel of bankruptcy.

Thought of this too. I don’t think Texas will ever be close to bankruptcy. But paying off 3 head football coaches at once wouldn’t help. And who knows how much that goes on at programs that have zero shot at competing for a championship

5 hours ago, Fletch said:

What in God's Holy Name are you blathering about? - Exasperated ...

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

7 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Imagine thinking that OU would rather forego the season entirely and lose out on all that money because they might be mediocre this year(even though they are, right now, the favorite to win the Big 12 again), and thinking that somehow that is a smart or correct take.

You’ve clearly not been paying attention to Lincoln Riley’s words and deeds. But he isn’t the ultimate shot caller, either. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1.) B1G and PAC canceled fall football
2.) NCAA has said that it isn't safe to play sports in the fall and therefore won't sponsor any championships
3.) 170,000 + ppl have died of a pandemic that continues to kill >1000 ppl / day in the US
4.) Schools are shutting down in class learning due to COVID clusters popping up after [looks at watch] less than a week of being on campus

And YOUR takeaway is that OU doesn't want to play football because their qb is shittier than they thought?

I mean, who's braindead here?
Definitely you.

BlOUdnaguy perhaps?
  • Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

1.) B1G and PAC canceled fall football

2.) NCAA has said that it isn't safe to play sports in the fall and therefore won't sponsor any championships

3.) 170,000 + ppl have died of a pandemic that continues to kill >1000 ppl / day in the US

4.) Schools are shutting down in class learning due to COVID clusters popping up after [looks at watch] less than a week of being on campus

And YOUR takeaway is that OU doesn't want to play football because their qb is shittier than they thought?

I mean, who's braindead here?

COVID hasnt killed 7k in a week in 3 months, fluffing numbers deflates the value of the message.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

13 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

Look man, I like you as a poster and agree with you way more that I disagree.

ill say that -for me- the process has seemed rushed and obviously seriously lacked leadership. There is absolutely NO acceptable body count for any sport. That’s not me, that’s the literal process of existing in our US society.

We can respectfully agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Oh you mean human life is bigger than a game and the economy!?!?!? Oh well. The posters who know who they are hoping for football and they could give a fuck if a few students die. Just unreal 

• Fuck You 7

10 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Oh you mean human life is bigger than a game and the economy!?!?!? Oh well. The posters who know who they are hoping for football and they could give a fuck if a few students die. Just unreal 

I don't really thing CFB is a problem. It's the college kids returning to campus who aren't sorry for partying that will spread it around. That's going to happen even if 100% classes are online. Players will get sick simply because they'll be in the same dorms/apartments and chasing the same coeds. The incremental risk for sports seems tiny in comparison. I'd be shocked if there ended up being a single case documented of some DL breathing covid into an OL's face. 

13 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

is also a long game for the ESPN’s and Fox’s of the world to try and get out of some quite likely horrific contracts.  

I don't think XII (for example) has a "horrific contract) but maybe XII works with ESPN to poach PAC brands..?

XII can be appealing to PAC brands as USC (CFB blueblood) Arizona/ Arizona State/ Utah (similar to XII states), Colorado (old foe)...

4 hours ago, DenverHorn said:

COVID hasnt killed 7k in a week in 3 months, fluffing numbers deflates the value of the message.

The 7 day rolling average for deaths/day in the US yesterday was 1030. It’s been > 1000 since late July.

A month ago on July 20, there were 144,300 deaths. There are now 176,300 deaths.

That’s 32,000 people over the last month that died.

Not fluffing the #’s at all.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Dnaguy said:

The 7 day rolling average for deaths/day in the US yesterday was 1030. It’s been > 1000 since late July.

A month ago on July 20, there were 144,300 deaths. There are now 176,300 deaths.

That’s 32,000 people over the last month that died.

Not fluffing the #’s at all.

My brother-in-law died last week.  Throat surgery.  Sepsis set in.  They called it a covid death.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, tonedeaf said:

My brother-in-law died last week.  Throat surgery.  Sepsis set in.  They called it a covid death.  

I am sorry for your loss.

That is an incredibly cruel way to die.

If you don’t mind me asking, did he contract COVID while in the hospital?

Just now, tonedeaf said:

Didnt have it at all.  

They tested him, he was negative, and they called it a COVID death.

That’s some serious malpractice there.

I would suggest consulting a lawyer.

IF the hospital was that negligent, then you probably have a case.

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

They tested him, he was negative, and they called it a COVID death.

That’s some serious malpractice there.

I would suggest consulting a lawyer.

IF the hospital was that negligent, then you probably have a case.

They tested him when he went in and was negative.  I worked for the VA for 30 years and I saw this quite often.  Doctors would amend a death certificate so the surviving spouse could get benefits.  I remember one case where a veteran was service connected for diabetes.  He was working on a car and it fell on him.  He was killed instantly.  The death certificate was amended to add diabetes as a secondary cause of death. ???? He was killed instantly!   The difference is $1200 a month, health benefits and education benefits.  Not sure cause of death on a death certificate is malpratice. Could be I guess.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 1

46 minutes ago, CleverNickname said:

I don't really thing CFB is a problem. It's the college kids returning to campus who aren't sorry for partying that will spread it around. That's going to happen even if 100% classes are online. Players will get sick simply because they'll be in the same dorms/apartments and chasing the same coeds. The incremental risk for sports seems tiny in comparison. I'd be shocked if there ended up being a single case documented of some DL breathing covid into an OL's face. 

Yeah no. Our fat as fuck lineman get it and it gets passed on to some fat as fuck coach then it breaks out around campus and we have like 40 students and 2 coaches die cause their lungs exploded. BUT WE GOT TO WATCH A KIDS GAME!! Worth it!!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 19

2 minutes ago, tonedeaf said:

They tested him when he went in and was negative.  I worked for the VA for 30 years and I saw this quite often.  Doctors would amend a death certificate so the surviving spouse could get benefits.  I remember one case where a veteran was service connected for diabetes.  He was working on a car and it fell on him.  He was killed instantly.  The death certificate was amended to add diabetes as a secondary cause of death. ???? He was killed instantly!   The difference is $1200 a month, health benefits and education benefits.  Not sure cause of death on a death certificate is malpratice. Could be I guess.  

I suggest you raise your concerns with as many people as will listen.

Call your local TV station.

Post more details here. There are lots of lawyers on this site. I’m sure if you reach out they will be happy to help.

Post it on facebook. And twitter. 

I’d even get a go fund me site started. You need to raise money for your legal defense.

People need to know this stuff. If they are faking death certificates, then the statistics I’m looking at are bogus.

And if the stats are bogus, then maybe we can go back to our lives with no masks and what not.

How far up the ladder does this go? 

Is the CDC complicit in all of this?

Fuck man.

I never thought that my eyes could be opened this much on a football board.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

58 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Yeah no. Our fat as fuck lineman get it and it gets passed on to some fat as fuck coach then it breaks out around campus and we have like 40 students and 2 coaches die cause their lungs exploded. BUT WE GOT TO WATCH A KIDS GAME!! Worth it!!

Exactly, glad you understand.....

EDIT:  Ya might wanna get that sarcasm meter checked there.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

Students will be at school anyway.

You think a few players will die? Doubt it highly. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, tonedeaf said:

My aunt died a few months ago.  We are 99% certain she died of COVID, but her death was listed as a heart attack on her death certificate because the ME refused to do an autopsy.  So it evens out.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Fletch said:

image.gif.10b2df0baea2812c6f10473c79d0a6b1.gif

image.gif

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 1

42 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

I suggest you raise your concerns with as many people as will listen.

Call your local TV station.

Post more details here. There are lots of lawyers on this site. I’m sure if you reach out they will be happy to help.

Post it on facebook. And twitter. 

I’d even get a go fund me site started. You need to raise money for your legal defense.

People need to know this stuff. If they are faking death certificates, then the statistics I’m looking at are bogus.

And if the stats are bogus, then maybe we can go back to our lives with no masks and what not.

How far up the ladder does this go? 

Is the CDC complicit in all of this?

Fuck man.

I never thought that my eyes could be opened this much on a football board.

Well you’re on a football board and you are an idiot. Did you know viruses are contagious, especially this one? And every team and coaching staff are high risk. Easy enough for you?

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 14

This so fucks up recruiting for 21s and 22s

From a numbers game — or opportunities to play? Guessing they’d relax the max numbers to account for more total scholarships on campus for a few years. This could wind up being a boon for the non-P5 conferences with transfers from guys who want to play.

From a numbers game — or opportunities to play? Guessing they’d relax the max numbers to account for more total scholarships on campus for a few years. This could wind up being a boon for the non-P5 conferences with transfers from guys who want to play.

I hope you are right wrt the max numbers. As you know we have a 22 going through the process now.