2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

14 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Amash's gift to the campaign will be forcing Trump into a debate if Amash meets the threshold.  We all know that Trump will refuse to debate (THE MEDIA IS RIGGED!!!!) but he'd look like a complete fucking idiot if Biden and Amash are debating each other and he's not there.

Exactly. If Amash can force a debate, any debate, it will be a good thing.

18 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

As a practical matter, does he have time or resources to get on the ballot in 50 states? Collecting signatures during a pandemic may prove impossible. The cynic in me says he’s capitalizing on his name recognition, opening a SuperPAC, and when he stops running that money goes unaccounted for

Ballot access is precisely why Amash's only option is to align to the LP. 

44 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

Amash’s contribution to 2020 will be providing never trumpers a reason to turn out and vote for down ballot candidates. It will increase the probability the GOP holds onto the Senate

i figured this was one of the only reasons he was considering it.

So these probably don't help either?

No, those are just more variations on “our criminal justice system sucks”.

And as I’ve said repeatedly, this rallying cry about Amash being a pure perfect libertarian are completely undercut by the fact that he’s all about less government in the personal lives of citizens UNLESS that citizen has a uterus.

Then he’s all about that government power.

There’s hundreds of democrats who think cops are shit, the courts are terrible, war is bullshit, and pot is awesome AND who trust women to control their own bodies and believe that actual good government can exist for its citizens.

I have zero use for libertarians who pick and choose what needs to be burned down according to their own selfish whims.

I mean, what exactly is the logical appeal for wanting someone who doesn’t believe that government can work to run the actual government?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

And as I’ve said repeatedly, this rallying cry about Amash being a pure perfect libertarian are completely undercut by the fact that he’s all about less government in the personal lives of citizens UNLESS that citizen has a uterus.

I don't think that anyone is calling any rallying cry about Amash being a "pure perfect libertarian". That is just your rhetorical flourish. And I think that we have already had an exchange related to the abortion issue. His pro-life stance is compatible with libertarian principles. You may not like his conclusion, but it doesn't undercut his broader political philosophy. 

There’s hundreds of democrats who think cops are shit, the courts are terrible, war is bullshit, and pot is awesome AND who trust women to control their own bodies and believe that actual good government can exist for its citizens.

Perhaps, but based on his political history and voting record, I am not sure that that Joe Biden is at his core one of the people who holds those beliefs. 

I mean, what exactly is the logical appeal for wanting someone who doesn’t believe that government can work to run the actual government?

I think that we should put him on the debate stage with Biden and Trump and let him articulate his political positions and philosophy of government and let people judge whether they have appeal or not.  If he shows himself to be an absurd clown with no logical appeal in modern America, so be it.  I don't think that will be the case, but I may very well be wrong.   

Edited by Anastasis

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

I think that we should put him on the debate stage with Biden and Trump and let him articulate his political positions and philosophy of government and let people judge whether they have appeal or not.  If he shows himself to be an absurd clown with no logical appeal in modern America, so be it.  I don't think that will be the case, but I may very well be wrong.  

Play this out in your mind.

Amash shows himself on stage with Biden and Trump to be steady-minded, mature, and thoughtful.

What happens in November?

52 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Amash shows himself on stage with Biden and Trump to be steady-minded, mature, and thoughtful.

Well, in November, American voters would have an opportunity to walk into a voting booth and pull the lever for an elderly narcissistic sexual assaulter, an elderly senile alleged sexual assaulter, and a good fine healthy Palestinian-American man of impeccable character, son of refugee parents, who loves the Constitution and his country.  Can't wait to see how it turns out!  

7 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Um, I’m going to take the poll that says only 50% of the people acknowledge things are worse now than they were four years ago as a pretty strong poll for Trump.  

On a related note, we’re too dumb, stubborn and/or gullible to be a country.  Maybe ask Canada to take over for a while or something.  Worst pandemic in 100 years, worst economy ever, Nero Jr. as President telling people to drink bleach and talking about his tv ratings while people die en masse ... you know it’s a 50/50 call on whether that’s worse than the black guy with a tan suit.

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Well, in November, American voters would have an opportunity to walk into a voting booth and pull the lever for an elderly narcissistic sexual assaulter, an elderly senile alleged sexual assaulter, and a good fine healthy Palestinian-American man of impeccable character, son of refugee parents, who loves the Constitution and his country.  Can't wait to see how it turns out!  

Do you think Bernie should run as the Green Party candidate?

3 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

We already know you're voting for him, you don't need to ease us into it.

Guest Lobo
10 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Don’t we have an Amash thread? I thought this was Biden v Trump. 

man, new shit has come to light

37 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Do you think Bernie should run as the Green Party candidate?

Bernie cast his lot with the Democrats, and they maneuvered him out of the race again.  I think he ran his course.  

But hypothetically, I would love a four way debate that included Bernie.  Shit.  I'd rather we just dispense with the NPD and dementia components, and just let Amash and Bernie debate. 

10 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I've been very confident Biden was going to win for about 2 years.  One thing I didn't anticipate was just how lazy and garbage of a campaign he'd be running.

What should Biden be doing that he isn’t doing?  I agree Biden sucks at campaigning and perhaps his best move is not to try because he knows he sucks.  The perception of Joe Biden with voters is like some old Jedi come to rescue America from Trump.  Getting out there and making brain farts every day would not help sell the Jedi image. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

What should Biden be doing that he isn’t doing?  I agree Biden sucks at campaigning and perhaps his best move is not to try because he knows he sucks.  The perception of Joe Biden with voters is like some old Jedi come to rescue America from Trump.  Getting out there and making brain farts every day would not help sell the Jedi image. 

He has to be present. He needs a two minute video every day with his face in it talking about today's issues. All I see are the ones that are compiling footage of other stuff that makes you wonder if he is involved at all.  Get 5 speech writers: you have 1 speech to put together every 5 days.  Give it to him to practice for 30 minutes.   Have someone set up some background and lighting that looks professional and presidential.   Post it on all your social media.  Scrolling through his twitter right now, I see one such video since the beginning of the month and it is his laugh fest with Key.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I've been very confident Biden was going to win for about 2 years.  One thing I didn't anticipate was just how lazy and garbage of a campaign he'd be running.

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."

Biden is doing a good job of not interrupting IMHO.

• Like 2

the pandemic is successfully hiding what would've likely been an anemic physical campaign full of goofs and gaffes.

the one thing i would've enjoyed seeing is some of his big supporters coming out to galvanize the party behind him.  i'm assuming they still will eventually.  many of them are far more inspirational than biden (pretty low bar).

He has to be present. He needs a two minute video every day with his face in it talking about today's issues. All I see are the ones that are compiling footage of other stuff that makes you wonder if he is involved at all.  Get 5 speech writers: you have 1 speech to put together every 5 days.  Give it to him to practice for 30 minutes.   Have someone set up some background and lighting that looks professional and presidential.   Post it on all your social media.  Scrolling through his twitter right now, I see one such video since the beginning of the month and it is his laugh fest with Key.

He’s doing interviews on television and he’s appeared on other’s social media.

Some of it gets posted by his Team Joe account, some by the media he appears on, and other supporters. You have to look at his social media retweets, not just tweets, to find them.

He’s sort of stuck in an awkward position - the media will never cover a candidate like they do the president, especially not one who sucks up all the oxygen with his insanity like Trump. And if Biden were to appear to be operating a shadow government of sorts, the right would holler about “politicizing a tragedy” and the media would wring their hands about propriety and the far left would set their hair on fire just to get attention.

Everyone who is a political junkie thinks they know exactly how to run a perfect winning campaign. And that’s why it’s a thankless hard as fuck job.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

What should Biden be doing that he isn’t doing?  

He should be hiring the best and the brightest staffers from other Dem campaigns. It would be smart for Biden't team to acknowledge and admit that he won the primary in spite of his organizational operation. They couldn't raise much money (compared to Bernie, Pete, and Liz), and he performed poorly in Iowa, NH, and Nevada despite campaigning their constantly.  A magical concoction of South Carolina voters, Dem consolidation, Bloomberg tanking, and going 1 on 1 vs. Bernie got him the nomination. 

Based off what I've seen on Twitter, his campaign staffers have patted themselves on the back and think they've got it all figured out. Clearly they haven't. His digital operation is terrible. 

I don't think it's time to panic or anything, but he needs to staff up sooner than later. 

48 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Referring to this?

Biden opens 9-point lead over Trump in Senate battlegrounds: poll

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/496793-biden-opens-nine-point-lead-over-trump-in-senate-battlegrounds-poll

"

Former Vice President Joe Biden has opened up a 9-point lead over President Trump in six states where Republican senators face difficult reelection battles this fall, according to a new poll.

The survey from Hart Research Associates finds Biden at 50 percent and Trump at 41 percent among voters sampled in Arizona, Colorado, Iowa, Maine, Montana and North Carolina.

Trump won four of those states in 2016, with the exception of Maine and Colorado. All six states feature vulnerable GOP incumbents: Sens. Marth McSally (Ariz.), Cory Gardner (Colo.), Joni Ernst (Iowa), Susan Collins (Maine), Steve Daines (Mont.) and Thom Tillis (N.C.)."

Referring to this?

Biden opens 9-point lead over Trump in Senate battlegrounds: poll

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/496793-biden-opens-nine-point-lead-over-trump-in-senate-battlegrounds-poll
"

Former Vice President Joe Biden has opened up a 9-point lead over President Trump in six states where Republican senators face difficult reelection battles this fall, according to a new poll.

The survey from Hart Research Associates finds Biden at 50 percent and Trump at 41 percent among voters sampled in Arizona, Colorado, Iowa, Maine, Montana and North Carolina.

Trump won four of those states in 2016, with the exception of Maine and Colorado. All six states feature vulnerable GOP incumbents: Sens. Marth McSally (Ariz.), Cory Gardner (Colo.), Joni Ernst (Iowa), Susan Collins (Maine), Steve Daines (Mont.) and Thom Tillis (N.C.)."

I personally really don't like Biden/Democrats' strategy to just let everyone watch the GOP be dumbfucks but it's hard to argue that it isn't working.

6 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I personally really don't like Biden/Democrats' strategy to just let everyone watch the GOP be dumbfucks but it's hard to argue that it isn't working.

“Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.”

― Napoleon Bonaparte

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Good thread from Biden's digital director about scaling up and their plans moving forward. Really encouraging news. 

So does this mean the pro-Biden version of BT will be arriving here soon? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

He should be hiring the best and the brightest staffers from other Dem campaigns. It would be smart for Biden't team to acknowledge and admit that he won the primary in spite of his organizational operation. They couldn't raise much money (compared to Bernie, Pete, and Liz), and he performed poorly in Iowa, NH, and Nevada despite campaigning their constantly.  A magical concoction of South Carolina voters, Dem consolidation, Bloomberg tanking, and going 1 on 1 vs. Bernie got him the nomination. 

Based off what I've seen on Twitter, his campaign staffers have patted themselves on the back and think they've got it all figured out. Clearly they haven't. His digital operation is terrible. 

I don't think it's time to panic or anything, but he needs to staff up sooner than later. 

Good call Hank.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2020 at 2:28 PM, Hookah Horns said:

I'd like to know what it is about Trump that conveys strength. His obstinance? Being a thin skinned whiner doesn't usually get one viewed as "strong."

His bulk, mostly, I think.

Yeah, Trump's numbers are complete and utter dogshit.  It barely matters who the Democratic nominee is.  The best thing the Republicans could do is to dump Trump and if Trump was a traditional Republican who gave a shit about the party, he'd not run for reelection but it's a cult of personality at this point.

• Like 1

Don't have a link but I read a story somewhere that the Trump campaign had data that tied the weakness with the olds directly to those daily briefings.  The olds were basically watching them all and they don't have jobs or kids to distract them.  They watched them every day and saw what an abortion they were.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

All the right notes there. His video/social team is a lot better than you'd expect for a milquetoast old white oligarch in his 80s. 

If he can stay on that message - just stay inoffensive, point out what a terrible leader and person Trump is, and form a contrast of him as a human being with a pulse, he might have a chance to overcome all of the built in disadvantages and actually win.

Edited by BradInATX