2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

My mom is a midwestern Trumpkin. Build the wall, bought the factory job bullshit, all of it. Didnt have any history of racial animosity so I was pretty disappointed with how she embraced it.

Unsolicited, she brought up that Trump is behaving both cruelly and stupidly, and openly wavered on voting for him for the first time in four years. Probably has something to do with her demo of olds in poor health being at risk. I'll believe it when I see it but it definitely vibes with recent polling data.

People still somehow underestimate just how unpopular Hillary Clinton was.  And not just against Trump.   Bernie beat her in Michigan and then lost every single county to a borderline senile Biden.
With that in mind, I know she’s more popular than Hillary and it won’t happen anyway, but please don’t actually consider Michelle Obama for VP. 

I've seen no indication that Michelle Obama is remotely interested in the job. I doubt she'd hurt the campaign though. She's probably more popular than either Biden or Trump, and she's got particularly high favorability among women.

17 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I've seen no indication that Michelle Obama is remotely interested in the job. I doubt she'd hurt the campaign though. She's probably more popular than either Biden or Trump, and she's got particularly high favorability among women.

I can’t emphasize this enough: she doesn’t want the job.  Wouldn’t take it if nominated.  Won’t serve if elected.  She hated being First Lady with a passion. 

Recent internal polls show Trump trailing Joe Biden in six swing states, a data point that augurs a landslide loss in November. “The swing state polls are horrific,” a prominent Republican briefed on the numbers told me. The White House’s COVID-19 outbreak is only the latest headline that reinforces the narrative that Trump can’t get control of the pandemic. “This is what should worry the campaign: Biden is in his basement and he’s beating Trump,” a former West Wing staffer told me. “If I were Biden, the lesson I would learn is: Shut the fuck up and let Trump go out there and destroy himself."

----

“The numbers are fucking terrible,” another former West Wing official said. “There’s massive anxiety in the GOP that he’s gonna take them all down with him.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/05/trump-eyes-campaign-shake-up

Yes, please fire Parscale. Do it.

Edited by cactusflinthead
  • Like 2

Trump fatigue. Big time. This pandemic has made people realize just how horrible of a president he is. He was handed a great economy and a Republican Congress. He did all the easy stuff that didn’t require any research or hard work. But now that something serious is happening that requires true leadership from our president, someone that understands the complexities of the situation and knows how to lead and problem solve - we don’t have that. This is way over Trump’s head and his abilities. And people are realizing that. It’s not entertaining anymore. We’re in deep shit with this guy.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Message Board User said:

It blows my mind that any non Trumptard could vote for Trump in this election. Even if they're the hardest core Republican of all time and hate literally everything about the Dems - any non-Trumptard knows this toxic combination of evil and incompetence is "leading" this country to the abyss. 

46 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

It blows my mind that any non Trumptard could vote for Trump in this election. Even if they're the hardest core Republican of all time and hate literally everything about the Dems - any non-Trumptard knows this toxic combination of evil and incompetence is "leading" this country to the abyss. 

I can’t believe there are so many republicans who are supposedly good people who pick party over country time and time again.

this president is toxic as hell. No matter what side of the aisle you support. We have a narcissistic asshole with the most childlike and vindictive mindset I’ve ever seen in my life. If Trump was retarded, he would be jason voorhees. He would kill people until he’s stopped. Just like this president will fuck over this country, until he’s stopped.

7 hours ago, Brandywine said:

Trump fatigue. Big time. This pandemic has made people realize just how horrible of a president he is. He was handed a great economy and a Republican Congress. He did all the easy stuff that didn’t require any research or hard work. But now that something serious is happening that requires true leadership from our president, someone that understands the complexities of the situation and knows how to lead and problem solve - we don’t have that. This is way over Trump’s head and his abilities. And people are realizing that. It’s not entertaining anymore. We’re in deep shit with this guy.

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, thrillhammer said:

Biden needs to get out there more.  he's staying way too silent.  more press events.  maybe a town hall scheduled at the exact same time as one of trumps events/pep rallies.

Totally disagree.  Biden is doing the exact right thing: be quiet and let Trump continue to embarrass himself.  Biden is prone to gaffes and might well be going senile; he is far more likely to harm himself the more he appears.  All he needs to be doing right now is preparing like hell for the debates, and working like hell to ensure the elections are fair.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, thrillhammer said:

Biden needs to get out there more.  he's staying way too silent.  more press events.  maybe a town hall scheduled at the exact same time as one of trumps events/pep rallies.

No, he definitely is playing this correctly.  He's self-isolating and makes remarks every so often about what's happening, and that's fine.  He's on GMA this morning I believe.  And his social media team is getting stronger with their ads.  Trump is blowing himself up, so no need for Biden to do anything when trump can do it on his own.  

Also, his poll numbers have actually gotten better and show Biden up in several swing states.  He only needs to do more things if his numbers slip, and they aren't.  

21 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Totally disagree.  Biden is doing the exact right thing: be quiet and let Trump continue to embarrass himself.  Biden is prone to gaffes and might well be going senile; he is far more likely to harm himself the more he appears.  All he needs to be doing right now is preparing like hell for the debates, and working like hell to ensure the elections are fair.

100%. He's a boxer with a nice lead on the score card. Don't worry so much about landing punches, just keep your ass off the canvas. Be the tortoise, not the hare etc. 

• Like 1

You can't win the presidency by being invisible.  Acting like doing nothing is a strategy is some resting on your laurels bullshit and keeping it up is going to drop his lead by a point every month.

Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake and silence hides the gaffs are two post hoc justifications for laziness.  No one is saying he even has to comment on what Trump is doing.  Just be on any screen you can be saying something hopeful or some great new idea you have for the country.  None of it even has to be live.  That's the great thing about COVID, you aren't forced to appear anywhere and give speeches -- that gives you as many rehearsals as you want.

The Good Morning America thing today was good.  Do that every other day.  Any channel you want will put you up on a screen.  Put up a 2 minute bit online on other days.

Sit there and do nothing and we will get Trump again.  Do the bare minimum and he's president.  Up until now he hasn't even done the bare minimum.

25 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

You can't win the presidency by being invisible.  Acting like doing nothing is a strategy is some resting on your laurels bullshit and keeping it up is going to drop his lead by a point every month.

Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake and silence hides the gaffs are two post hoc justifications for laziness.  No one is saying he even has to comment on what Trump is doing.  Just be on any screen you can be saying something hopeful or some great new idea you have for the country.  None of it even has to be live.  That's the great thing about COVID, you aren't forced to appear anywhere and give speeches -- that gives you as many rehearsals as you want.

The Good Morning America thing today was good.  Do that every other day.  Any channel you want will put you up on a screen.  Put up a 2 minute bit online on other days.

Sit there and do nothing and we will get Trump again.  Do the bare minimum and he's president.  Up until now he hasn't even done the bare minimum.

The problem is Biden is not a good candidate, and the more live appearances he makes, the more that will be highlighted.  I agree that a daily 2 minute rehearsed, prerecorded, edited video is a good idea, if for no other reason than to prevent the “Biden is ill” rumors.  But going live is a really bad idea, because the odds of him making a costly mistake are far greater than the odds of him doing anything to win over additional voters.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Snake Diggity said:

The problem is Biden is not a good candidate, and the more live appearances he makes, the more that will be highlighted.  I agree that a daily 2 minute rehearsed, prerecorded, edited video is a good idea, if for no other reason than to prevent the “Biden is ill” rumors.  But going live is a really bad idea, because the odds of him making a costly mistake are far greater than the odds of him doing anything to win over additional voters.

Must not have watched the last two debates or recent town halls on cnn. But keep up with this commentary- it sets such a ridiculously low bar that all Biden has to do is put 2-3 sentences together and everyone will be super impressed with his mental acuity 

3 hours ago, Snake Diggity said:

lol debates. 

• Like 1

Crossposted from the Trump thread.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/12/donald-trump-haters-joe-biden-clinton-244629

President Donald Trump is losing a critical constituency: voters who see two choices on the ballot — and hate them both.

Unlike in 2016, when a large group of voters who disliked both Trump and Hillary Clinton broke sharply for Trump, the opposite is happening now, according to public polling and private surveys conducted by Republicans and Democrats alike.

It's a significant and often underappreciated group of voters. Of the nearly 20 percent of voters who disliked both Clinton and Trump in 2016, Trump outperformed Clinton by about 17 percentage points, according to exit polls.

Four years later, that same group — including a mix of Bernie Sanders supporters, other Democrats, disaffected Republicans and independents — strongly prefers Biden, the polling shows. The former vice president leads Trump by more than 40 percentage points among that group, which accounts for nearly a quarter of registered voters, according to a Monmouth University poll last week.

21 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I'm assuming the wording means this wasn't a sample of "likely voters" (however that is figured)? Seems like those of us who dislike both are among the least likely to turn out. Rampant covid in november will probably hurt that cohort's turnout disproportionately, no? 

So since Tara Reade didn’t work, Obamagate isn’t working, I predict the Next throw shit at the wall and see what sticks move by the Trump campaign will be an attempt to explain to the American people how we shouldn’t change administrations in the middle of a pandemic, which is actually much less severe than those liberal elites so it is.

2 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

So since Tara Reade didn’t work, Obamagate isn’t working, I predict the Next throw shit at the wall and see what sticks move by the Trump campaign will be an attempt to explain to the American people how we shouldn’t change administrations in the middle of a pandemic, which is actually much less severe than those liberal elites so it is.

This will be the big talking point from Trump. Promising the American people that the economy will thrive in 2021 if he's re-elected. It won't work. He has nothing tangible to promote for the general election. Everything is made up. 

The only way Trump has a chance is if COVID magically disappears over the summer and doesn't come back in the fall. 

18 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

This will be the big talking point from Trump. Promising the American people that the economy will thrive in 2021 if he's re-elected. It won't work. He has nothing tangible to promote for the general election. Everything is made up. 

The only way Trump has a chance is if COVID magically disappears over the summer and doesn't come back in the fall. 

Which has been his strategy from the beginning. If this works out for him we can be certain he is Satan himself. 

25 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

This guy is fucking pathetic!

he attacked and ridiculed Obama mercilessly for being the “ hope and change” candidate. Trump is now trying to promise the same thing to voters who won’t buy it at all when it’s coming from an orange moron like him.

Edited by Voldemort86

Crossposted from the Trump thread.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/12/donald-trump-haters-joe-biden-clinton-244629

President Donald Trump is losing a critical constituency: voters who see two choices on the ballot — and hate them both.
Unlike in 2016, when a large group of voters who disliked both Trump and Hillary Clinton broke sharply for Trump, the opposite is happening now, according to public polling and private surveys conducted by Republicans and Democrats alike.

It's a significant and often underappreciated group of voters. Of the nearly 20 percent of voters who disliked both Clinton and Trump in 2016, Trump outperformed Clinton by about 17 percentage points, according to exit polls.

Four years later, that same group — including a mix of Bernie Sanders supporters, other Democrats, disaffected Republicans and independents — strongly prefers Biden, the polling shows. The former vice president leads Trump by more than 40 percentage points among that group, which accounts for nearly a quarter of registered voters, according to a Monmouth University poll last week.

"Voters who hate both choices" is everyone but dumbass Trumpkins. One is just objectively better, low of a bar as that may be, and that's pretty obvious to everyone outside the cult by now.

7 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Too bad Joe didn't run in 2016 - he'd be pushing for re-election right now. 

Had Joe ran and won in 2016, the House GOP would have started impeachment proceedings in the first 6 months of his term.  Not that these 4 years haven't been a slog, but with a GOP house and senate (for at least 2 years) they would have fucking balked at everything.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mitch just declined to hear any judicial nominees for the past 4 years.

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Had Joe ran and won in 2016, the House GOP would have started impeachment proceedings in the first 6 months of his term.  Not that these 4 years haven't been a slog, but with a GOP house and senate (for at least 2 years) they would have fucking balked at everything.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mitch just declined to hear any judicial nominees for the past 4 years.

The vast majority of America needs Mitch to croak.

mitch is the poster child for the extremely idiotic “ us vs them” mentality that is so prevalent in small states like South Dakota, Wyoming etc. Mitch tells all of the crappy little states across the country that they must team up to block “ the liberal elites”. As if those fuckers are the vast majority of people who vote democrat.

The senate has been garbage for awhile. Does anyone really like having policy made by guys in leadership positions from Kentucky, South Dakota, Wyoming, Oklahoma?  Those little states probably combine for less than 15% of the American population.

these guys aren’t making policy with the needs of a majority of Americans in mind.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I really think if the election were held today we would have the same results as November.  No one is changing.

You give the olds too much credit.  From now until Nov, it'll be a constant onslaught of Biden stories from Fox.  By November, you'll hear "I know Trump ruined the country but Hunter Biden....."