2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

Show me any legal theory or path forward and I'll hang up and listen. Otherwise stop spouting nonsense fear mongering. 

Just now, Hank Kingsley said:

Wait, you think legality matters? 

The first part, legal theory, was already hashed out in one of these threads and a landslide victory (electoral not popular) would nullify my number 1. I don't think there would be any way for the Trump team to overcome that. A close one? Not so sure. Depends upon how many votes get tossed maybe? But my second point still stands regarding the groundwork for the future. They have so many newly appointed judges down stream from SCOTUS that I have grave concerns. If that is fear mongering, so be it and I'll stop as it clutters up this thread, but there is a shadow hanging over the court now and I hope I am wrong regarding the intent and mindset of the majority.

This is a census year--with redistricting coming up--win Congress and more governors and you win the future.  Also, make PR and DC states.  Sure PR isn't a shoe in for Dems but it is an island that is susceptible to hurricanes and financial aid, two major lifelines.  If they want statehood, then this would also work for the Dems.  Additionally, stack the courts and boom, the Republicans will gnash their teeth for a long, long time.  
This is also why I expect more bullshit to hit the fan in the next two weeks.  It's way too much for them to risk and they've already been caught cheating--nobody cheats to fail.  The SCOTUS is in their favor and short term reasons is the push--the elections.

PR/USVI should be a state, and while it’s probably a Democratic lean in the Trump era, I really say that apolitically. Over three million American citizens are effectively disenfranchised.

All of our pacific territories should also be either a new state or grouped in with Hawaii.

We shouldn’t have colonies.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

It may be too late for mail in votes in WI.  

Anyone know what WI's ballot instructions say on when to mail. If it's "Must be returned by election day, so mail at least 3 days before election" and then first class mail just happens to slow down after Supreme court said late ballots won't count, that sounds like a way to steal a state to me. We should be outraged already.

9 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

Nice way to think about Trump's chances. Need to keep working til he's gone. We can't control what the Supreme Court will do but we can vote and get others to vote.

I was stressing this to my children who are old enough to vote. Out in Cali, my oldest, her beau, and all of their lab have dropped off their mail-in ballots or mailed them some time back. Our youngest voter went with us and his friends have voted as well. I counted over ten votes in his group alone (in the <24 demographic) that I knew about. Based on his comments when he came home last weekend, they were Biden votes but I know in the primary my son cast a vote for Sanders. So young people are hopefully getting on board this election. I don't recall if it was this thread, but @BradInATX I think? mentioned that people don't have as much to do (in terms of getting out/unemployed, etc) and that might be an impetus to vote; I know for him and his friends this is the case. They are engaged, and have been but now they are much more into it, so to speak.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
s/v agreement
  • Hook 'Em 1

These rallies or appearances or whatever they're called are stupid on both sides.  In a normal universe, you'd fly a candidate into some small airport and talk to 1K people or something.  Get some local airtime.  Not one vote scored and no money raised but a lot of money spent.  Someone from Trump's campaign said they were contacting "new voters."  If you're waiting in line for hours to see Trump, that's not a "new voter."

5 minutes ago, Left Coast said:

Trump campaigning in Michigan but not Pennsylvania? Michigan seems the least likely to go R at this point.

And Bullhead City Arizona? 12 people live there and he already has that vote. That must be solely due to proximity to Vegas.

It is.  Kornacki stated yesterday that Michigan was the worst polling for Trump out of all of the Blue Wall states.  

28 minutes ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Schedules for the next couple days.

Can’t help but notice that with the exception of Wisconsin, Biden is playing offense this week.

i also notice that Trump seems to be trying to attack Biden’s most likely path to victory ( based on polling) which I’ve said all along to be : Clinton states + Arizona, Nebraska 02, Michigan, and Wisconsin.

23 minutes ago, Left Coast said:

Trump campaigning in Michigan but not Pennsylvania? Michigan seems the least likely to go R at this point.

And Bullhead City Arizona? 12 people live there and he already has that vote. That must be solely due to proximity to Vegas.

Trump is going to lose Maricopa county. I think it’s a last ditch effort to try and boost rural turnout to try and possibly save the state.

Trump is wasting his time in Nebraska 02 and Michigan tho. I bet those are already gone, for sure Biden wins.

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

The first part, legal theory, was already hashed out in one of these threads and a landslide victory (electoral not popular) would nullify my number 1. I don't think there would be any way for the Trump team to overcome that. A close one? Not so sure. Depends upon how many votes get tossed maybe? But my second point still stands regarding the groundwork for the future. They have so many newly appointed judges down stream from SCOTUS that I have grave concerns. If that is fear mongering, so be it and I'll stop as it clutters up this thread, but there is a shadow hanging over the court now and I hope I am wrong regarding the intent and mindset of the majority.

I think there's definitely a little bit of reason for concern. There's an easy button to the whole thing which is AZ+FL. Both of those should be called on election night and that gets Biden past the post without much fanfare or drama. I'm becoming pretty confident in the Rust Belt, but I'm really hoping for Florida (I think AZ is already over with). I'm not going to start giving too much thought to the possible shenanigans unless Trump wins Florida and the Rust Belt is either Trump or too close to call on election night with mail-ins still uncounted.

So once again Florida is important. That always turns out well so I feel good.

Sweating Heat Wave GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

These rallies or appearances or whatever they're called are stupid on both sides.  In a normal universe, you'd fly a candidate into some small airport and talk to 1K people or something.  Get some local airtime.  Not one vote scored and no money raised but a lot of money spent.  Someone from Trump's campaign said they were contacting "new voters."  If you're waiting in line for hours to see Trump, that's not a "new voter."

Bolded for emphasis.  People like it when famous people visit.  Particularly if you are in "fly over" country. 

I love that Trump is visiting Omaha today.  It will get some Republicans excited that a President is visiting, and they know the only reason is because Nebraska splits up their EVs.  It will make it harder for the GOP to push through a rule change that makes it an all or nothing vote.  (I suspect the GOP will push it through regardless, because they know it helps them and they obviously don't give a shit about people think about fair play.)

Also, the House is a very tight race, with the Republican incumbent doing everything he can to distance himself from Trump without looking like he is distancing himself from Trump.  Hard to walk that line when Trump puts his arm around you at a rally. 

Be prepared for him to burn it all down on the way out and grift his way to millions of dollars thru pardons, contract awards and other actions.
His kids and staff will. He will pout and bitch like a scorned lover, and do the only thing he is really good at, be a passive aggressive little cunt.
  • Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, Left Coast said:

A former close friend from HS is married to the (now former) police chief of Bullhead City.  She disowned me when she found out I didn't support Trump.  I get the feeling that town is exceedingly Trumpy.

I wonder what kind of historical correlation there is between candidates’ travel schedules the week before the election and the outcome in those states?  Trump visiting Michigan is very odd, but Biden hitting FL, IA, and GA has to be a good sign (although again, i think he should stay his ass in PA).

If you give Trump AZ, MI, and all of NE, but give Biden FL, GA, and IA, and trust the polls elsewhere, it’s 329-209 Biden.

Edited by Snake Diggity

Y’all are slipping. Ted Cruz is always top 5. 
Used to be, but after he relinquished whatever soul he may have had for Trump, I disagree. Nobody likes Ted Cruz, even his wife and children. He's a sad sack of shit. It would be like punching a cripple. There is no victory in that, even though Ted Cruz ate my son.

1 minute ago, Snake Diggity said:

I wonder what kind of historical correlation there is between candidates’ travel schedules the week before the election and the outcome in those states?  Trump visiting Michigan is very odd, but Biden hitting FL, IA, and GA has to be a good sign (although again, i think he should stay his ass in PA).

No, he needs to come to Texas. It is there for the taking. Leave no doubt. 

Biden has been in Pennsylvania around 10 times over the last couple of months, by far the most of any state. I'm glad to see him branching out. Win big. 

Just now, Hank Kingsley said:

Biden has been in Pennsylvania around 10 times over the last couple of months, by far the most of any state. I'm glad to see him branching out. Win big. 

His lead in my "worst case scenario - what if undecideds break for Trump at the same rate as in 2016" analysis has gone from 2.1% to 3.2% just in the last week, so hopefully that's paying off. PA looks pretty solid right now. NC is showing a little tightening, I've got it as a true tossup (0.0%).

2 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

That takes the same chance Hillary took; assume you win the Midwest and go for the blowout.  Fuck that.

You're acting like his campaign abandoned the Midwest like Hillary did. That is simply not the case. This isn't the same thing at all. 

Edited by Dahobbs

That takes the same chance Hillary took; assume you win the Midwest and go for the blowout.  Fuck that.

He's already spent a ton of time there (Hillary famously never visited one of them - Michigan?) and has district-level polls that show his lead is secure. 

I really want to know what the district-level polls say in Texas. Bloomberg found something which is why he's spending money here on Biden's behalf. 

9 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

That shirt though emoji102.png

Joe hitting San Antonio, Brownsville/McAllen, and El Paso would be truly thrilling. A wave of Tex-Mex fury spitting out Presidente Pendejo would make this Texan proud as shit. Shout it Joe.

¡Terminemos esto ahora!

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, SizzleChest said:

I think if Biden shows up this weekend or Monday in Texas, particularly EP or RGV, then it's clear what the plan is/was.

I agree, if Biden is in Texas at any point between now and Tuesday, they obviously feel like they’ve got it won and are going for the blowout.

9 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
17 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:
Y’all are slipping. Ted Cruz is always top 5. 

Used to be, but after he relinquished whatever soul he may have had for Trump, I disagree. Nobody likes Ted Cruz, even his wife and children. He's a sad sack of shit. It would be like punching a cripple. There is no victory in that, even though Ted Cruz ate my son.

The problem with punching Cruz is that he would kiss your ass after.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Why?  In the only scenario in which the election is close, midwestern downscale whites will be the ones who decide the winnner.

Because every election we deal with this shit.  Steve and Karen from Ohio.  It's how we end up with throwing ourselves at the coal industry and other shitty industries.  GA, TX, and AZ, are now part of the electoral map.  This will be the last election where that happens and it's only happening now because of Biden and Trump's geographic bias.

The media is even worse about this.  They're basically camped out in PA right now and meanwhile, Biden is flipping GA, AZ, and maybe TX.

4 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Joe hitting San Antonio, Brownsville/McAllen, and El Paso would be truly thrilling. A wave of Tex-Mex fury spitting out Presidente Pendejo would make this Texan proud as shit. Shout it Joe.

¡Terminemos esto ahora!

I understand the sentiment, but El Paso is undergoing a medical emergency with COVID right now and it could be a tricky needle with respect to his message. 

Maybe visiting the nearby area but not specifically a community that is stressed with hospital capacity?