2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

7 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

I saw a tweet earlier (that I cannot find now) that showed Trump up by 9 points in Mississippi.

He won Mississippi in 2016 by almost 20 points.

If his lead in Mississippi is truly in the single digits, he’s in serious trouble nationwide.

Found on 538: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/20200616_MS.pdf 

Has Trump +9

4 minutes ago, Pancho said:

They mad

The interesting dynamic throughout the 2016 race was that whoever was in the news went down in the polls.  It just so happened that Hillary ended the campaign being in the news more thanks to the Comey letter.

So yeah--I bet they want Joe Biden out in public more.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

The interesting dynamic throughout the 2016 race was that whoever was in the news went down in the polls.  It just so happened that Hillary ended the campaign being in the news more thanks to the Comey letter.

LOL but if Biden got so much as anything close to the coverage of Trump he'd be bitching about unfair coverage (and did in 2016). This is a bizarre complaint from that campaign. 

57 minutes ago, Pancho said:

They mad

The Trump campaign / Administration is a bunch of heartless and soulless golems.

are they really trying to demonize a 78 year old unemployed man for staying home and playing it safe in the middle of a pandemic? The very same pandemic  that Trump and his band of dingleberries clearly botched the reaction to?

its unsafe for Biden to go out because of trumps administration. If they acted sooner, the coronavirus would’ve been more contained. 

what a bunch of pathetic losers. If Biden was a member of Congress or a senator, this would stick, but he’s not. Meanwhile, Trump is the current president and has a country to run. Of course he will be more visible.

Edited by Voldemort86

False, mogwais were from Earth, just a well kept and very ancient secret.  There is no evidence  to suggest they came here from another planet.  
but if you think about it, a Trump could be a Mogwai, albeit the ugliest one of the species.  
Melania is like Billy, she’s not supposed to feed the tub of shit after midnight (bad for metabolism), don’t let him stare at bright lights like an eclipse (fucked that one up), and don’t get him wet (which is why he so carefully two-handed that cup of water so he didn’t drip on himself).  when he does multiply; you get the fucked up pack of 5 gremlins we now call the Trump children.  Eric is obviously Stripe. 

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

False, mogwais were from Earth, just a well kept and very ancient secret.  There is no evidence  to suggest they came here from another planet.  
but if you think about it, a Trump could be a Mogwai, albeit the ugliest one of the species.  
Melania is like Billy, she’s not supposed to feed the tub of shit after midnight (bad for metabolism), don’t let him stare at bright lights like an eclipse (fucked that one up), and don’t get him wet (which is why he so carefully two-handed that cup of water so he didn’t drip on himself).  when he does multiply; you get the fucked up pack of 5 gremlins we now call the Trump children.  Eric is obviously Stripe. 

I feel like Stephen Miller would be Stripe.

• Like 1

Well yeah; but to be a gremlin, I feel like you have to come from the loins of a mogwai.   Miller didn’t.  Miller just shows up when he feels a race of mogwais can be exploited into feeling like decent people (like the great phoebe cates) are out to get them and he gets them to start hating and envying.  

What the fuck are we talking about again?

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Now, when I see someone conspicuously flying the American flag, I'm more inclined to think that person is an asshole, flying it as a "fuck you" to anyone who doesn't subscribe to their Trumpist view of the world.

Totally agree....the 3 houses to the north of me all just started flying the flag in the last two to three months, and it doesn't give me that prideful feeling. It's amazing that fatass has even polarized our flag. I know he's devisive, but the flag?

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

Not to mention that Trump is absolutely horrific at playing defense, but incredibly effective when he's on the attack. If Joe just sits back and gives him nothing to attack, it neuters one of Trump's very few strengths. You know Trump is just dying for Biden to make a gaffe that he can latch on to and never let go like a fat, orange pit bull. No need to give him that. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Not to mention that Trump is absolutely horrific at playing defense, but incredibly effective when he's on the attack. If Joe just sits back and gives him nothing to attack, it neuters one of Trump's very few strengths. You know Trump is just dying for Biden to make a gaffe that he can latch on to and never let go like a fat, orange pit bull. No need to give him that. 

Yep.  Right now, Trump is busy "governing," while Joe is sitting on the sideline waiting.  And as to Trump's "governing," the maxim of "never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake" is pretty damned apt.

The best argument for a Biden presidency is a Trump presidency.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yep.  Right now, Trump is busy "governing," while Joe is sitting on the sideline waiting.  And as to Trump's "governing," the maxim of "never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake" is pretty damned apt.

The best argument for a Biden presidency is a Trump presidency.

+Rep, never heard it put like that (last sentence). Don't even care if it's original or off of Twitter or whatever, that's a perfect 10 word summary of why Biden's best strategy is just to let Trump self-destruct, and why, despite some concern trolling from the far left, it's a perfectly valid strategy and more than likely the best one.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

+Rep, never heard it put like that (last sentence). Don't even care if it's original or off of Twitter or whatever, that's a perfect 10 word summary of why Biden's best strategy is just to let Trump self-destruct, and why, despite some concern trolling from the far left, it's a perfectly valid strategy and more than likely the best one.

It's more true than ever with respect to the current president because while he is effective at campaigning (at least to his base), he's utterly hapless at governing.  It's like playing a team that can't pass for shit -- you just stack the line to stuff the run, and make them try to throw all game.  And just grin as you watch wounded duck after wounded duck fall incomplete.  He can't govern.  So don't give him the opportunity to do anything but the thing he's terrible at.

34 minutes ago, otisdog said:

Totally agree....the 3 houses to the north of me all just started flying the flag in the last two to three months, and it doesn't give me that prideful feeling. It's amazing that fatass has even polarized our flag. I know he's devisive, but the flag?

To be fair, I first started getting that gut reaction during the build up to Gulf War 2.0 when anyone who was opposed to the invasion was asked "Why do you hate America?" and patriotism was basically weaponized against us.

12 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It's more true than ever with respect to the current president because while he is effective at campaigning (at least to his base), he's utterly hapless at governing.  It's like playing a team that can't pass for shit -- you just stack the line to stuff the run, and make them try to throw all game.  And just grin as you watch wounded duck after wounded duck fall incomplete.  He can't govern.  So don't give him the opportunity to do anything but the thing he's terrible at.

yep.  it's fucking pathetic that he has the ultimate homefield advantage in all of politics - he's a sitting united states president - yet is accusing the challenger of laying low and not making mistakes.

you're the god damned president.  you can address the nation.  you can sign bills into law.  you can host foreign dignitaries and heads of state.  you have the entire white house press corps tracking your every move and letting you answer questions (and spin the fuck out of the answers) whenever you feel like it.  you can affect more change in a single day than most people can in a lifetime.  and biden is unemployed.

most politicians do anything they can to seem more presidential.  they want to be on the debate stage with a president.  they want to take meetings in the oval office.  they want to maintain the perception that they're on somewhat similar footing, even if everyone knows they're not. 

he's the fucking president, and he doesn't even know how to seem presidential.

all he knows is campaigning, which is why he wants to get back out there so badly.  campaigning and looting.  that's what he does.  guess the gop will have to doctor old footage of joe for their viral videos.  i almost feel bad for them.

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

What I find amazing from a personal standpoint is my own evolution on the topic.  I considered myself pretty patriotic my whole life.  But over the past 10-12 years, seeing not just what we've become, but what we have actually poured a lot of EFFORT into becoming (or maybe more accurately, REVEALING what was underneath)....not so much.  I've actually been stirred by the sight of the flag in the past.

in the early 90's a history of US interference in Latin America class at UT disabused me of many of my (at the time very conservative) notions about things like this. 

Edited by MC Fresh Breath

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

That's really a good point.  Trump without a target isn't nearly as effective.

33 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

yep.  it's fucking pathetic that he has the ultimate homefield advantage in all of politics - he's a sitting united states president - yet is accusing the challenger of laying low and not making mistakes.

you're the god damned president.  you can address the nation.  you can sign bills into law.  you can host foreign dignitaries and heads of state.  you have the entire white house press corps tracking your every move and letting you answer questions (and spin the fuck out of the answers) whenever you feel like it.  you can affect more change in a single day than most people can in a lifetime.  and biden is unemployed.

most politicians do anything they can to seem more presidential.  they want to be on the debate stage with a president.  they want to take meetings in the oval office.  they want to maintain the perception that they're on somewhat similar footing, even if everyone knows they're not. 

he's the fucking president, and he doesn't even know how to seem presidential.

all he knows is campaigning, which is why he wants to get back out there so badly.  campaigning and looting.  that's what he does.  guess the gop will have to doctor old footage of joe for their viral videos.  i almost feel bad for them.

It is remarkable how he's never even attempted to learn how to be president.  I think he announced his reelection campaign the day after his inauguration.  And since then, all he's wanted to do is campaign.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah, I was slower to come around.

One of the benefits of being raised in the counterculture (as it was falling apart, but still) was that I got to grow up knowing about Salvador Allende and Battista and Bonilla and Suharto and Duvalier and Diem et al. In my house, loving this country was about a commitment to freedom and equality and democracy as aspirations to be strived for, honored in the breech, not jingo mythology about cherry trees and John Wayne. 

So I love the flag, and I am still stirred by our national anthem, and I love our non-partisan institutions because I think what they symbolize at their best represent the best hope of humanity and the central pillar of the safest and most abundant period in human history.

We aren't perfect, and for much of our history we got it wrong more than we got it right. But at the very least in every period of the last 240+ years we've mostly known that whatever right was, it was always a little further than where we were at that moment and we didn't sit still. The arc of history is long and it doesn't bend towards justice unless we bend it, and in the United States of America we haven't given up the attempt. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 3

Hi. My name is Irwin and I'd like to bankroll your movie.

Hi. My name is Irwin and I'd like to bankroll your movie.

35 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

One of the benefits of being raised in the counterculture (as it was falling apart, but still) was that I got to grow up knowing about Salvador Allende and Battista and Bonilla and Suharto and Duvalier and Diem et al. In my house, loving this country was about a commitment to freedom and equality and democracy as aspirations to be strived for, honored in the breech, not jingo mythology about cherry trees and John Wayne. 

So I love the flag, and I am still stirred by our national anthem, and I love our non-partisan institutions because I think what they symbolize at their best represent the best hope of humanity and the central pillar of the safest and most abundant period in human history.

We aren't perfect, and for much of our history we got it wrong more than we got it right. But at the very least in every period of the last 240+ years we've mostly known that whatever right was, it was always a little further than where we were at that moment and we didn't sit still. The arc of history is long and it doesn't bend towards justice unless we bend it, and in the United States of America we haven't given up the attempt. 

Amen my brother

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Optics for morons. Rational people can see his schtick for what it is. 

I agree. But we’ve all said Biden has problems in front of people. Age, saying the wrong thing, not looking real sharp. Trump will say the same lies and statements that don’t make any sense but he may come across looking better. So I’m concerned that it may hurt Biden more than Trump. I hope they don’t debate. That way it looks like Trump either doesn’t want to, doesn’t respect Biden or is scared. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I think Trump would do well in a debate. It’s all optics. 
The general public considered Hillary Clinton the overwhelming winner of all of their debates. The baked in resentment of her likely equals or exceeds any negative impression Biden would give with his gaffes.

Biden would crush Trump in a debate. They just don't matter.
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Brandywine said:

I agree. But we’ve all said Biden has problems in front of people. Age, saying the wrong thing, not looking real sharp. Trump will say the same lies and statements that don’t make any sense but he may come across looking better. So I’m concerned that it may hurt Biden more than Trump. I hope they don’t debate. That way it looks like Trump either doesn’t want to, doesn’t respect Biden or is scared. 

I think trump has even more problems speaking off the cuff; see his Covid pressers.  He's a moron and absolutely comes off that way.  Joe might lose his train of thought but trump's train of thought is batshit crazy. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I think trump has even more problems speaking off the cuff; see his Covid pressers.  He's a moron and absolutely comes off that way.  Joe might lose his train of thought but trump's train of thought is batshit crazy. 

The difference is that there is nothing offensive or shocking Trump could say or do during a debate that he hasn’t already done in public a million times over. Admit to sexual assault? Make fun of handicap people and veterans? Blatantly lie? Fail to have a kindergartener’s grasp on basic geopolitical issues? Check, check, check and check.

On the other hand, if Biden so much as stutters the Bernie Bros will be jumping off a cliff, and if he says something like “malarkey” we’ll get 5 think pieces on Vox/Atlantic/NYer about how “problematic” he is.